Brookdale Farmington - Farmington, CT

Brookdale Farmington - Farmington, CT has yet not published prices.

Nice grounds. Large apartments. I am realizing after seeing two facilities that assisted living may not be what is best for my mother.

A great place to call home.

We like this community. The staff is nice and caring. The meals are good and we are pleased with the care and the activities for the residents. This is a nice environment that we were looking for that is a little more of a country environment for what we were wanting. We like that the staff will go out of their way to be helpful. We would recommend this community for the great value and care to other families.

Things are good!

My mother-in-law moved here recently and things are going very well! She likes the staff, the food and it's a very clean community. She adjusting well and getting involved in activities.We chose Brookdale because they offer care if her needs advance.

Lovely Facility

All is well for my father since his move to this community. He is starting to adjust to the routine around the facility. Everyone have been very kind, helpful with everything. It is a lovely place, and we are pleased.

Happy Residents !

I was pleased to see all of the residents where happy and seemed to be enjoying each others company in the dinning room during our tour. The property had great scenery surrounding the outside and was spotless on the inside. I have no complaints about this facility and would absolutely recommend this place to anyone.

Very nice people

I was able to take a tour of the place and I must say that the staff was great. They showed me around the community and answered all questions. It was an excellent community, but my loved one had already had there sites on another community.

My Mother Is Happy Here

My mother is pretty happy here at this community. I'am pleased with the type of care they are providing her with. The community looks nice and well maintained. The staff is good, they have been pretty helpful and welcoming. There are nice activities offered, but I would like to see the staff be more encouraging with her to participate. She is pleased with the food, the meals are nice. I know she is safe and in good hands. Everything is working out pretty well and I would recommend this community.

A Great Place

The Brookdale Farmington is situated on a great property, the location is just great. Also all of the staff members over there are very friendly and it was just an overall great facility and experience with them.

Disappointed With Medication Management

Both of my parents are currently over there at the Brookdale Farmington facility at the moment and to be honest I was kind of just a tad bit disappointed about the medication management that they have.

Exceptional, five star living!

Exceptional!

Nice place, but too big for us

We toured this community when while looking into care options for a loved one. We liked it, but honestly it was just too big of a floor plan. The room she would have gotten if we selected it was so far from the dining hall that by the time she makes the walk, one way, she's exhausted. She was exhausted the entire tour because of how large it was!

Excellent place. Nice grounds and building. Great location. Attentive, friendly and capable staff. A great solution for my parents needs.

You do get that feeling of a hotel atmosphere.

It's my father who is here. I don't think that he uses everything to the full extent. They offer all kinds of activities. Price-wise this place was a big plus, it was less expensive than some of the other ones we say in terms of what they offer for what you pay. They stay with the seasons and decorate. You do get that feeling of a hotel atmosphere.

My experience for my Mom

My Mom is 85 yrs old & was diagnosed earlier this yr with ("mild") Cognitive Impairment with Paranoid symptoms and possible Dementia, osteoporosis & mild vision problems. Mom was living in a multi-floor townhouse condo w/out any Senior safety features in place. My husband & I started looking/Touring Assisted Living places in our area this Summer on our own as Mom was in denial that she needed any support. It was becoming very clear to us that she was probably not eating regularly & I finally found that the Expiration Dates on the foods inside her refrigerator were dated from 1995 (jams/jellies, mustard not everyday food choices, but she wasn't throwing things out either). My husband and I toured The Gables in July 2013 & 6 other places. We selected 3 places to have Mom tour with me, have lunch or dinner at any of the 3 places we toured. Mom fell in LOVE with The Gables, & I did too. The apartments are modern, clean & in very good condition. If there is something not right, call the front desk & they'll send up Maintenance to fix the problem. I also brought Mom back the following Monday to try out their "B-Fit" Exercise Class. She LOVED the class! Mom signed up that day & Mom moved in 5 days later! The Gables Staff has been very supportive during this difficult transition for my Mom. The Gables provides an "Escort" to/from meals for the first 3 days after moving in, which comforted my Mom. The Gables also provides an "Embassador" for the first 2 weeks too. I'm not sure what that person does, but I believe it is a Resident who helps newcomers feel welcome and at home.

Nice public areas. Disappo...

Nice public areas. Disappointed that apartments don't have W/D hook ups. No onsite pool; no regularly scheduled 'college' lectures. Van would cover our Bristol services (doctors, accountant, lawyer).

Really non-smoking

I've been over there twice, talked to the elected president there. I think it's a terrific facility in all ways I can see except for the smoking. My mother is a smoker and she has to go outside. i really think it's kind of contrary for anybody to advertise elder care assistance for all of the health services they provide-age in place etc., all of the advertising and marketing- and for them to say it's okay for them to be a smoker and then to make them go outside and be unprotected outside in the winter is not what is advertised. So it's really a non smoking place and to entice a hooked smoker...

Mother and Step Father Love It!

It's a little pricey but it's very nice and it's worth what you pay for. My mother and step father are pretty tight on money so it would be nice if is wasn't so expensive but there are more expensive places out there and everything is great.

The assisted living is a la carte so only pay for what you need. So far they haven't needed anything, thankfully, but it's there if the do need it.

They've got a chorus, they've joined that, and they've taken a couple rides to different restaurants. I can't say enough about it. Every meal is special because there's linens on the tables. The food is great! The first Sunday they were there they had a choice of filet mignon or stuffed sole. They're eating better than we are!

My step father has alzheimer's and they said he would probably be a little more off kilter for the first few weeks. He was smiling and whistling since day one! He just loves it there. Thy're really happy.

My husband and I toured her...

My husband and I toured here July 27, 2013. Nice size apts. I think I could see Mom here, but need to see more facilities before making any decisions at this time.

Liked these rooms the best and this c...

Liked these rooms the best and this campus the most.

Liked it ,and it was affordable but i...

Liked it ,and it was affordable but its large and not sure how mom would do with this

Very attractive building and decorati...

Very attractive building and decorations,had an attractive 1 bedroom apt. that looked over the entrance and was very sunny, lovley lake setting, large, many activities, on site clinic & 1X wk. doctor, podiatrist, add-ons for additional care

Very nice setting with walking trails...

Very nice setting with walking trails. Beautiful atrium. Dining room is gorgeous. Rooms good size.

Brookdale Farmington is a senior care community offering independent and assisted living services in the upscale city of Farmington, Connecticut. Our picturesque community is only a few minutes from the Farmington River, Deer Pond and Meadow Lakes as well as Farmington Avenue, offering our residents unparalleled access to restaurants and shopping. Farmington in an affluent area that brings an abundance of opportunities to all who call it home.

At Brookdale Farmington we offer both independent and assisted living care services in a welcoming and home-like environment. Brookdale Farmington is a vibrant place where seniors thrive in retirement, receiving care services when needed. Our residents enjoy freedom and independence in private or companion apartment-style homes while also being an integral part of our community.

Everything about life at Brookdale Farmington is meant to enhance the lives of residents. Our resort-style services and amenities include:

Housekeeping and flat linen services
Transportation services to local shopping, dining and appointments
Concierge services
Access to a well-trained staff 24 hours a day
Assistance with activities of daily living
On-site general store
Arts and crafts studio for residents to be creative
Outdoor garden areas