Hoffman Summerwood Community - West Hartford, CT

Positive atmosphere!

My parents are very happy and comfortable at the Hoffman community. The place is clean and well maintained. Everyone there is so nice, from the residents to the staff members. The food is good and they have so many activities.

I have found a home in which to enjoy this challenging period of my life. The entire environment staff, activities, residents provide stimulation & support both ingredients so necessary for satisfying every day.

A Friendly Community

I toured this community for my mother and it went pretty well. The community was nice and clean. From what I saw everything appeared to be well maintained. The staff was courteous and friendly. My questions were answered and they were very informative as well. My tour was a pleasant one.

An ideal solution for our family.

A kosher cuisine was a must for my mom when I moved her up from Florida to be close to me, so I was very relieved to find that the only kosher facility in the area was also one of the most beautiful. My mom has been living at SummerWood for close to 12 years now! She has been very happy here and she is well taken care of. She is kept engaged continually with interesting activities and has many friends. SummerWood truly was the ideal solution for our family.

You can stop looking now, this is the place!

Both my parents were residents of Summerwood. As their oldest child I felt it was my responsibility to ensure they were in a clean and safe environment. Summerwood offered that but so much more. From the delicious meals served in a lovely dining room, to the in-house events, parties, entertainment and activities as well as the trips offered off the property, they could do as much or as little as they wanted. The apartments are lovely and brand-new looking. Mom and Dad's was kept very clean. On one occasion I was notified by the staff nurse that my Dad was ill and they handled getting him to the hospital. It was comforting to know that both Mom and Dad were always being looked after and I didn't have to worry. The staff was a pleasure to work and they went above and beyond to ensure Mom and Dad were content and happy. My parents also found the staff to be very caring and fun. I highly recommend Summerwood for your loved ones (or yourself!).

Very nice community

My loved one has been here a little over a year, and overall we've been very pleased with the community. It has a great social atmosphere, the only time I can even catch her for a phonecall anymore is in the morning, otherwise she's busy all day! We looked at quite a few communities during our search and this one was best value all around, in terms of care and time for the dollar.

Good So Far

It's clean and they are very friendly. I think the value is good. I've seen a couple other places that were less expensive but this is still good. Some of the meals have not been up to par according to my mother. She had to wait like 45 minutes for the van to come get her once. I think that's where they can improve. Other than that everything is pretty good so far.

Strong Jewish center would ...

Strong Jewish center would not be comfortable for M&D - very Catholic

Hoffman SummerWood Community is a national award-winning senior living rental community that offers fine kosher dining and a wealth of other amenities.