Brookdale East Mesa - Mesa, AZ has yet not published prices.

Fantastic Staff

Great staff, great care, manager was very informative and helpful.

Staff is competent and capable

I ended up picking this facility for my friend because they have a have animals in the building and she loved them. All of the staff here is very competent and capable. I have no complaints about them. What I really like that they do, is they bring her to all of the activities. They offer things like watching TV, crafts, and sing-a-longs. It’s a very well kept facility and there is no odor at all. I would recommend this facility to other families.

Mom is Happy

They've taken really good care of my mom she needed some rehab and some breathing treatments that they have helped her with. They engage her to come out of her room. They are so kind and patient. I like that they offer an education class for people with dementia for the family. It is as clean as it can be with dementia residents but my moms room is always clean and has no smell. They have a secured courtyard area and they have a house cat and a house dog for everyone to enjoy. It has 2 common area with T.V.s in it. There is a specified room for family gatherings if needed. There are wonderful daily activities like bingo and they will set her up at the computer so she can see what is going on in here hometown and other games too. I would recommend this community.

My Grandmother is currently in a private facility & due to the cost were having to move her. I have been looking at facilities on a weekly basis for the past six months. It’s been extremely difficult as the majority of the facilities appear to park the occupants in front of the tv. My Grandmother needs a lot of individual care & if she isn’t socializing her memory digresses. It’s been extremely difficult walking into various facilities & seeing the occupants sitting by themselves off in a corner. This facility was different, it immediately felt like home. It was very clean & friendly. When we walked in all of the employees were extremely personable & immediately made me feel confortable. I spoke with several of the occupants from the facility & they all seemed very happy with their living accomodations. I have been to so many facilities that I can’t keep track. This facility was different. All of the occupants were kept busy. As we were leaving they were serving dinner. The food actually looked & smelled like home cooking not the typical hospital food.

Wonderful Place!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my mother while she has been staying at this community. She has been doing so well they are even thinking she will be able to come home soon. My mother has a much clearer mind and is walking very well on her own without any help. The staff have been amazing and have treated her just like a queen. Overall the experience has been pleasant and my mom has made big improvements from this place.

Staff Needs To Be More Respectful

I am very disappointed in the way the majority of the staff treats not only the residents but the families as well or at least myself. There have been several times that I have questioned them about the machinery that my husband is supposed and the responses and the way I was talked to is completely unacceptable they are rude and unkind. I have found they have over medicated my husband to the point where he has been such a deep sleep I could not wake him. There is no bell cord in the bathroom or in the room so in case of an emergency he would not be able to get help. I really question the professionalism of this community and their regard to the resident and their safety.

Tour for care

The staff was wonderful. The community was clean. We liked the menu of the healthy meals, The commuity did offer nice activities. This community has a nice enviroment. We would recommend that families tour this community for care for a family member

Great Tour!!

I am very pleased with the tour I had received at this community for my father. The staff where all very friendly and made sure to give my loved one and I a great look of there facility. They had a lot of great amenities that they offered to all of there residents and a great food menu as well. It was just not the right fit for my dad in the end decision.

The place looks great!

What we liked about the Brookdale was how well maintained it was. Also, the management and caregivers seem to be very delightful. Since my sister moved in, she is still adjusting to the changes, but they seem to be helping her out as best as they can. We liked how they have individual houses versus everyone being all together like in other places.

Knowledgeable Tour Guide!

When I toured the Brookdale East Mesa, I thought it was a very nice place. It was a clean community with friendly people, but it was not going to be the right fit for my husband.

Best of the best!!

I am very pleased with the way the staff at the Brookdale have been taking care of my husband. I am very grateful. All of the staff know the resident's names and when they see them in the hallways they are kind and gentle. Today, they are having a luncheon for all of the married couples to celebrate Valentine's day together. I could not have picked a better place.

So far so good...

Things are going pretty good for my mother since she made the move into the Brookdale East Mesa. The residents and caretakers are very nice. The administrative office, not so much. There is also is a lack of communication between shifts, which could use some work.

Keeping me Informed!

The staff was very informative and helpful with all of my questions. They offer a variety of activities that my loved one can participate in. My loved one feels safe at this community. They offer a good variety of meals. I would recommend this community to friends and family.

Great Place For My Friend

My friend is doing very well here at this community. She has adjusted well to it. The community looks great, they do a great job with the cleaning. The staff is great, they are very welcoming and helpful. She enjoys the activities offered. The meals are very nice. It has been a lovely experience and I would recommend it.

When I first put my aunt in it was [Removed] and it was great the staff was good and they would up date me on my aunts care but when it change to Brookdale the whole staff changed and the care is not as good as it was they don't take care of her personal needs her nails aren't kept clean and some other personal issues and the director doesn't respond to my calls or emails. It just isn't the same the place is kept clean and her room is clean but the staff isn't the same I really like the staff before it change hands I new them all and we were all communicated with each other but she is safe there

Impressed When I Saw It

When I see my friend he is mostly all smiles. The staff are all nice and helpful. The meals are good but the meat needs to be more tender, hoping for improvements. The facility is very nice and clean. My friend participates in some of the daily activities and entertainment. I think the community is recommendable!

Overall this community is nice!

The place is always clean and the staff are nice.I gave 4 stars because in the 1st week my Dad’s hearing aids, denture and glasses were all lost. Only the glasses were found. The staff said that they were working on a system to make sure that doesn’t happen again so I hope that does happen.My Dad would probably not adjust well anywhere but he seems to be doing much better than he was at his first care center.

This was a very difficult time. Brookdale East Mesa was a true God's send. The facilities and the staff are amazing.

I live 2 states away. Other people that have went to visit her says they are doing wonderful with her. Arizona State Protective Services was called out and came to visit her came to speak with her. She told them they are taking very good care of her.

Would Not Recommend

Brookdale East Mesa recently transitioned from Emeritus and there have been issues. They have issues with food. My husband is supposed to be on texture modified diet. They are too lazy to do that so they just cut it up. They expect him to eat it and he cant. They do have a new director and she is really trying. Overall I am not real pleased at the moment. The hardest thing is to get consistently good caregivers. A lot of them are wonderful but it is not consistent. If I knew then what I knew now I would not have chosen this facility. At the moment I wouldn't recommend it.

Very accommodating

This seems like a nice place so far. They seem to really enjoy being there taking care of the residents. They don't make it seem like a job. Family atmosphere. Everyone is always happy to help. They are very accommodating.

I visited this place on Oct., 13th. It was amazing.

Efficiency went down a lot

It seemed when Brookdale came into the picture, the efficiency declined. When my dad was there and it was operated by another group, it was pretty ok, but there was a definite decline in care when Brookdale took over.

They do a pretty good job.

They do a pretty good job. It's really clean and the staff is nice. They do seem to have some issue with keeping up with my loved one's dietary needs, and medical condition. The quality of the food is okay. They seem to have activities to appeal to different types of people.

They seem to be doing just fine.

They seem to be doing just fine. The food seems to be okay. It's pretty clean and the staff is pretty friendly. I don't really have any major concerns. So far it's working out well, and they do a fairly good job.

very helpful

They were so responsive to getting him in and getting him in there quickly. They were very very helpful. We were able to get him in there within a day. It is a very clean well kept place with excellent helpful friendly staff.

I do think he might could use a little more attention every now and then. For example his nails are a little unkept and could use some attention. Just a few little things like that.

Overall though it really has been a great experience.

really good

Brookdale East Mesa has done a really good job getting my mother in law acclimated to the place and feeling at home like a real part of the community. She likes the gardens that they have there. They have really gone out of their way to make it a good experience for her. From all we see we are really happy and she is really happy. I cannot think of anything they can do to improve. Everything is going great.

Excellent

Its a excellent facility the Brookdale East Mesa. They went out of their way to make sure my father was very comfortable being there. They are all nice and wanting them to feel like home. My dad is very happy being their and wouldn't ask for anything else. The cost of living their is very good and not that expensive.

Brookdale East Mesa is Wonderful!

I am so happy with all the staff at Brookdale East Mesa. Every time I call to check on my father I am always met with a very friendly voice on the phone. Everyone is so helpful and I'm so grateful that I was able to find a good home for my father. He is doing a lot better now since he moved to Brookdale East Mesa.

Mixed experience

Our experience with Brookdale East Mesa has been somewhat mixed. The facility itself is nice looking, clean, and well kept, and the staff are friendly and helpful for the most part. I also think they do a good job with the activities. However, right after my loved one moved in she came down with bronchitis as well as a UTI, and it seemed like it took them quite a while to respond to that and get her proper treatment. Another issue they have is that the food is awful, it is low quality, and often not served at the proper temperature.

great place

I have been very impressed with Brookdale East Mesa. The staff have all been very courteous and always address me in a courteous manner. I am really impressed with all they have done and continue to do. It is a really great place.

I really liked them.

This is where we chose to go, they have skilled care, and assisted living, they are all mixed together. I really liked them. However when it was time to move, they didn't have availability there and they sent us to another location.

Good place

I know it’s expensive, but others are more expensive ones. Overall it’s a good place. I think they do a good job. The food is excellent. I’ve never had any trouble finding parking when I go to visit.

An Okay community

My grandson loves playing the organ for his grandmother. We don’t really use the activities. It’s a well run and friendly alternative to home care. The food is one area where they might be able to improve, at least from what I could see.

We loved Emeritus! They treated my m...

We loved Emeritus! They treated my mom with care and dignity she deserved.

A safe place

Things at East Mesa have been pretty good. it's pretty pricey but a safe place for mom and that's a relief.

Emeritus

The experience of putting my mom in a home was very emotional and the people at Emeritus East Mesa were all very kind and supportive. While it is difficult in wanting to be the one to take care of her, in reality they are doing a wonderful job that I just am not capable of doing right now.

The 'cottage' atmosphere wa...

The 'cottage' atmosphere was very inviting; small group feel. Staff appeared friendly and engaged with clients. No odors, clean. Small rooms. This was more suited to memory care than Sterling.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

When you think of Arizona, you might think of scenic desert landscapes where people escape the cold and snow of winter. Many people relocate to Arizona to enjoy the mild climate and get away from health problems. The climate in Arizona is easier on many health issues, including respiratory and arthritis. Mesa, Arizona is no different, however, living out your golden years there does not have to be boring. There is plenty to keep yourself busy and entertained.

City Information

Mesa is the third largest city in Arizona and is located in the Sonoran Desert. It is a suburb that is 20 miles east of Phoenix. The 2010 Census lists the population as 439,041. It is a city of equal opportunity for both men and women since both populations are about equal.

Walkability score 31: While the general walkability score for Mesa, Arizona as a whole is 71, the area surrounding Brookdale East Mesa is not really walker friendly. Yes, there may be some places where you can walk to without issue. However, to complete some everyday errands, you will need a reliable mode of transportation.

Average age of population 36: Mesa may seem like a young city, with the average age of the population being 36, but Mesa is a common place for older people to relocate to escape wintry weather and health problems. Regardless of what your age may be, Mesa offers a large variety of activities and culture to allow anyone to lead an active life.

Number of senior living communities in Mesa, AZ: 646

Veterans' facilities: Veterans looking for top of the line healthcare will not have to worry when they check into the Southeast Veterans Affairs Health Care Clinic. They will receive top-notch healthcare from highly skilled and professional doctors and nurses. Veterans Connect is a service that provides resources to assist veterans with whatever their needs may be from housing to education to healthcare. Every Memorial and Veterans Day, veterans are honored with special ceremonies, parades, discounts, and luncheons.

Weather: If you are a fan of all four seasons, Mesa, Arizona may not be the place for you. Winter is virtually non-existent in Mesa, as the average January temperature is 67 degrees. Typically, there is no snow, unless there are uncommon weather factors occurring. July is the hottest time of the year, with the average temperature about 106 degrees. Weather conditions make it very difficult to grow anything in the ground, like vegetable or flower gardens.

Transportation

Most places in Mesa, Arizona are easy to walk to. You can exit your front door and literally walk to just about any location you need to complete daily errands. However, if you live in the areas surrounding Brookdale East Mesa, walking to a daily errand location is more difficult. You will likely need a reliable mode of transportation, however, that does not necessarily mean you will need to own a vehicle.

Buses and transit rail: The Metro Valley Rail provides fixed bus and rail routes in and around Mesa, Arizona. Senior citizens may qualify for reduced rates and passes, depending on the area.

Airports: Falcon Field provides an excellent opportunity for weekend pilots to go out and fly to their heart's content. This is extremely convenient for people who fly as a hobby. However, if you are looking to get away from Mesa, Arizona for a vacation, Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport and Sky Harbor International Airport provides flights to your destinations.

Other: Like any other major city, technologically savvy seniors can log into Uber or Lyft and arrange for the transportation needed to get from point A to point B.

Healthcare and Safety

As previously mentioned, Mesa, Arizona is often the destination for people looking to escape chronic health problems, such as respiratory issues and arthritis. Seniors looking for the best healthcare possible will not have to look far for Banner Baywood Medical Center, HealthSouth East Valley Rehabilitation Hospital, and the Arizona Spine and Joint Hospital nearby.

Crime rate 1 in 239: There is really no difference between living in Mesa or Phoenix, Arizona, when it comes to being a victim of a violent crime. You are equally as likely to fall victim in Mesa as you are in any other part of the state.

Sports and Leisure

Sports lovers will appreciate that Mesa is the Spring Training home of the Oakland Athletics. There are many places where seniors can meet to work out and stay in shape, including aquatic centers and gyms. Golf lovers will want to look into becoming a member of the Mesa Country Club. You can also travel to nearby Phoenix to see professional sports being played, including baseball, basketball, and hockey.

Entertainment and Attractions

Mesa, Arizona does not disappoint residents looking for entertainment and attractions. Simply take a walk and take in the breathtaking desert outdoors. Smell the fresh air for the first time while escaping the respiratory problems of crowded major cities. Everywhere you turn, there is always something to do in Mesa.

Arts and Museums: The Mesa Arts Center and the Mesa Amphitheatre are great places to take in a concert of any music genre. Explore the Arizona Museum of National History and the Mesa Historical Museum and learn about Arizona's historic beauty. There are also theaters nearby where you can enjoy a Broadway show or the latest offerings from Hollywood.

Restaurants and eateries: Mesa is known for its Mexican and Southwestern food flare. You are likely to find both local and national restaurants specializing in each. There are also plenty of the national chains, including Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, Burger King, Olive Garden, the Outback, and much more. Local favorites serve up the best in Indian, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Italian, Greek, Polish, and German cuisine. There are also several coffee shops, dessert bakeries, and sports bars to choose from.

Religious Services

No religious faith is left out in Mesa, Arizona. Latter-Day Saints, Baptists, Christians, Lutherans, Episcopalians, Presbyterians, Jews, and Methodists will likely find their churches in the area.