Brookdale Baywood - Mesa, AZ has yet not published prices.

Buy Up or Spend down ALTCS semi private share bath no entrance to B bed have to walk through bathroom
Studio family contribute $600.00
One Bedroom Family contribute $800.00
Beautiful facility

This is were my Dad stayed for 4mos. The staff was great. Everyone seemed cheerful and knowledgable. I had no complaints. It was a good fit for my Dad.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and it was nice. They were very professional and answered all of my questions. It seemed clean and kept up it just wasn't a good fit. I recommend families tour many places before making a choice.

Brookdale Baywood

We took a tour at Brookdale Baywood, and while thought the community was nice and I liked that they provided three meals a day, I didn't feel that the rooms were as nice or as spacious as what I had seen in other communities. I also didn't like that the rooms did not have a kitchen.

I toured this community

When I toured this community it was a nice new building. The staff was friendly and they answered all of my questions. It was just so big just wasn't a good fit for my mom. They had education classes for the family about dementia which is nice.

Brookdale Baywood

Generally, I feel that Brookdale is very good. My loved one needs just about every kind of care, and they are able to Accommodate her needs. The staff is very helpful there, and if you get there early, the meals are pretty good. If you get there too late, things are cold. I do wish they had more activities for the residents. Other places I looked at had much more going on, and I'd like to see more exciting, mentally stimulating things rather than just bingo or little things like that. Overall though, Brookdale has been treating my loved well.

I would recommend this community

I like that this community has a homey feel to it. Everyone knows your name and they say hi when they see you. The staff have been great and encouraging. Mom likes the food and she has started to participate in some of the daily activities. The community is clean and they have a patio on the third floor that overlooks a courtyard. They worked with us when we moved mom into the community.

Good care for mom

This was not a community that my mom did The staff were nice and caring to her. The community was nice and the. the menu was very good. The activities were really nice. They need to just work on the air conditioning due to the loud noise that should be improved. We would recommend this community for the good care and nice value for a loved one.

Mom's Care

This is a great community. We really like the staff who were caring and supportive. The community is clean and we like that is the environment was good. We liked the menu and the dining. They did not have a two bedroom at the time needed. We liked that they had activities. This is a great community for the care and families might want to tour the community for the care of a loved one.

[Removed] couldn't have been more accommodating about needs my parents required. This is a very nice facility and I would recommend it to anyone.

The staff are awesome!!

My dad has recently made the move into this community and we are very pleased with how things are going for him at this time. The staff have done a great job at making sure he is comfortable and feels safe in his new living environment. He has really been enjoying the meals they serve, they are nutritious and well balanced with lots of variety. Overall we are very happy and would recommend it.

Nice Care Home, but not the One for Us

We had a good tour of this community. Everything went well. The community looked nice, and well-kept. Everyone was very kind to my family, and myself. We did feel this community was too big for my laws. We didn't want them to feel so overwhelmed, but overall we a good tour of this community.

Horrible quality of care!!

I have never been so displeased with a company before as much as I have been with this community. They had provided absolutely horrible quality of care for my loved one, it had gotten so bad that I ended up removing him after a short time of being there. There was never enough staff working and the call wait times for the call light where some times over an hour at times. My dear friend never got showered or bathed as well. It had got so bad that the physical therapist ended up taking time out of there appointment to clean him up and get him changed into a fresh gown. The bedroom was also always a mess and never cleaned up for him like they had promised they would do so after multiple complaints. I would never recommend this assisted living to anyone and wish I never exposed my friend to that experience.

A tour

This was a nice community when we looked at it. The people we met were nice and the community seemed clean. This community was just a little farther away than the community we chose.

Care for mom

My mom is in great hands here. The staff is excellent and caring. The community is beautiful and very clean. They have activites that are offered to her, but she is not participating at this time. I know that families would like the great care here and I have recommended this for the excellent care that is received here.

Enjoyed our tour. Very warm and inviting. Can meet most needs of various patients.

Father's Care

This community is giving my father good care. The staff is nice, but needs to set up voicemail for message and better communicate. The food is good and very appealing to him. Very clean and well kept in every area. Activies are offered for him to participate. I would recommend this for good care overall.

High Rise Towers

My tour of this facility was decent. My issue with this community was that it is a high rise tower. I didn't feel my mother would be safe here at this facility. It is a nice looking facility. The staff was nice and friendly. Just not the place for my mother.

Brookdale Baywood, a must see!

Our prayers were answered when we interviewed Brookdale Baywood.
We were thrilled with the location, staff and apartments. We are pleased with the food selections and preparations. We recommend Brookdale Baywood. Thank you for being here in our time of need. Our Mom is very happy.

A Fine Community

Our experience with this community has been a good one , but I do have some concerns. The community itself looks great and is well kept. They are understaffed here, but the staff they do have are very nice and very helpful to us. They are accommodating to my mother. When she was sick they brought her food up to her room for her. The do have a lot of activities for the residents to do, and my mother participates in the activities offered. My only issue with this community is that we were quoted one price and were billed another one and we are having some insurance problems with them. Other then that the medical people have been great with her medicine and the head nurse is wonderful as well. I would say to anyone thinking about moving here just go through everything with a fine tooth comb.

Very Nice Place

My mother is no longer at Brookdale but our time there was okay. We did have an issue concerning her medicine and the time they were giving it to her. The medical team there could be a lot better, but the other staff there was very good. The community looks really nice and is well kept. They have been very accommodating with us and the meals there are excellent. We really enjoyed them. Over all , other than the issue with the medical team, it was a nice place for my mother for the time she was there.

Home at Last

After touring a few other assisted living homes in the southeast valley we chose to move my husband's parents from California to Brookdale Baywood. From the first visit to Brookdale Baywood we knew it was right fit for our family.

What made our decision so easy wasn't the beautiful remodel of the facility but the people that work there! The director, Teri, is compassionate, knowledgeable, and was very accommodating to our situation. Her staff is just as kind. If you spend any amount of time there you'll notice that the residents and staff really do enjoy each other and the place feels like a home.

Our parents have been living there now for almost a month and are loving it. This is saying a lot coming from a couple that were reluctant to the idea of assisted living not so long ago.

We are so grateful to have found Brookdale Baywood. Couldn't have hoped for a better place for our parents.

Four Stars Overall

I think that the Brookdale Baywood facility is clean enough and they keep it looking decent, but I'd say that I am kind of unimpressed with the value of the care that my loved one is receiving at their place.

Residents are well taken care of

The staff here makes sure the residents are very well taken care of. You can tell that they really care. The building is always clean and nice too. The other residents here are very friendly and always have a kind Hello.

In the process of being renovated

I would rate the facility a 5 but they are in the process of being renovated. Maybe in the next couple of months it will be a 5. My mom is in the memory section and they try to get her involved but she probably refuses.

Great place for mom

Wonderful community, people are friendly and the main person Lydia was so open to listen and help.
The people at this community really care and that's what matters for me the most.
I can sleep peacefully knowing that my mother is well taken care of.

Mixed experience

We've had somewhat of a mixed experience with Brookdale Baywood. The facility itself is very nice, and is generally kept looking very tidy and clean. And for the most part the staff are very friendly and helpful. However, I do think they could be a bit more sensitive to some issues my loved one faces. He is generally one to keep to himself, and I wish they'd be a bit more persistent when encouraging him to participate in activities. I've also had to speak to them about the temperature of the food, as during one of my visits it was served cold. But the staff are attentive to complaints, and generally get things taken care of if you point problems out.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Your input is very important to us and we will share your feedback with our management team.

A great place but the food is horrible

The only issue is that the food is horrible. They really need to do something about the cafeteria food. The food is so much better at our last facility. If they improve on that they would be great. The facility is very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The value is pretty good. The care services are excellent. They offer activities.

The cleanliness is 5 stars. They are very clean. They Pay attention to details. Warm and welcoming. I can't rate the activities because I have not experienced that as of yet.

Brookdale Baywood is an okay place for your loved one its an okay place for my mom. The staff are friendly but doesnt always answer your questions that need to be answered. She food is good just takes a long time to get it because their is a lot of people their.

Review for mom

All the staff is very friendly! When there is problems they are handled in timely matter. Most of the time when I leave a message for someone to call back they do so.

I feel I am being ignored, very unprofessional

My experience with Brookdale is they are transitioning between being sold and the communication is very unprofessional, not getting getting called back, the staff is very hard to understand, they don't speak clear english which makes it even hard for a my loved one. They need to clean up the halls and living areas, I would not recommend them.

Staff And Care Really Wonderful

Haven't been there really long staff is wonderful, meals are good and he likes them so far. He is in a one bedroom now but will be moving him to a studio. The staff and residents are all very friendly.

It was not what we expected or were told

The Brookdale Baywood was not what we expected or were told. It was terrible, they upped mothers rate and could not get the billing straight or give us a correct and current statement. We were told they had switched to a different billing system. The sales lady was nice, but did not mention the problem with their billing system. It looked like it was a quick sales pitch. The food and medication lines were long and mom was charged extra for them dispensing her medication. There was always new staff member and a hiring sign always posted out front. After thirty days we moved mom out, as well noticed as several other family members moving their loved ones out on that same day.

very good

They welcomed my mom in and got her acclimated really well. Kim, the main one that we worked with down there, was really very good.

mother loves it there

My mother loves it there at Brookdale Baywood! The manager that runs the place (Kim) was really good to work with. She followed up with us well and kept us informed on everything.

I have no complaints. It has been a good experience.

very kind and helpful

Starting from the beginning, the receptionist is Judy and she is very kind and helpful. Same is true with Kim, the director. Denise, director of the memory care unity where my mother in law is at, is a very sweet lady and interacts very kindly with all the residents.

The one downside is having to wait at the entry when visiting because the entrance is a bit far from where they are working with the residents.

It has been a really wonderful experience, and Brookdale Baywood is a great place!

Really good

We really liked this community when we toured. It was clean and bright. The staff was friendly. The community is clean and modern. The dining hall is inside, so residents don’t have to go outside to get to it.

The food is absolutely horrible.

The only drawback we’ve found is the food. The food is absolutely horrible. I would rate that at a .5 instead of serving the same meal twice and a day. It’s burned. It’s extremely slow. My loved one has had to wait for an hour and a half for her food. Everything else is okay.

Sam Pollock

We’re sorry the food is not currently meeting your loved one’s expectations. We invite him or her (and you) to speak directly with our Dining Services Director. We understand the importance of tasteful and nutritious food to our residents’ overall satisfaction and well-being and work diligently to meet their needs.

Emeritus at Baywood

I chose Emeritus at Baywood for a few reasons. One, because of first impressions on entering the facility and seeing resident residents actively moving around
in their walkers and wheel chairs. They were very freindly. Second, Kim Cunetto and Judy at the front desk were very helpful with my concerns as well as the rest of the staff. Third, the whole facility appeared clean and well kept. After several weeks, my feelings and those of my Mom haven't changed. The care givers are great. Lastly, the Banner hospital is very close. I did reveiw other facilities and am very pleased with my choice.

I had really high hopes going into this.

I had really high hopes going into this. I really felt good after working with Kim Cuneto. If she was the one who oversaw the staff things would have been much better. When she was at Baywood, she was wonderful! Her focus seems to be on more on admissions. The nurse in charge was not at all compassionate. She wasn't very understanding and didn't try very hard to work with us. She didn't seem very willing to spend the time to try to understand my loved one or get to know them. I feel like she just didn't attempt to communicate with our loved one. I think if a senior were fairly independent and only needed some help with medication reminders and such and did not have an issue with communication, it would be a great place. I think the price is a great value. I had a very disappointing and discouraging experience, and I just don't think it was a great fit. As with most facilities, watch out for being admitted & the price rises dramatically right after the first month.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry that your experience with us at Baywood didn’t meet your expectations. We work diligently to keep our lines of communication with our residents and their families open and active. Also, after the first thirty days of a resident moving into our community, we do a reassessment of the level of care your loved one needs, and if it is decided that the level of care does need to be increased, this often results in a price increase. We would like to invite you to voice any further concerns you have with our community management team as they are the best resources for problem solving in our community.

The activities would be the only real...

The activities would be the only real area of improvement. My loved one doesn't really participate, and I've told them they could escort her to them if they'd like. The communication has been very good with the staff, so no real complaints there. The food all looks delicious, and there's a big selection! I chose this location because when my loved one's finances run out, they are accomodating to other financial plans that we will need to use.

Good Community

(Activities Not Rated) We chose it because A Place for Mom and a social worker at the hospital recommended it. Our loved one has been thrilled here. The people are very nice and to us it seemed like there was a lot of good Christian people. To our loved one it seems like a good Christian community.

All the right answers

We chose Emeritus because of its proximity to where I live and they had all the right answers to the questions I asked. I did eat with my loved one there and the food we had was very good and seemed very nutritious. The enthusiasm of the staff really made a difference; they had all the right answers. They also have a very good reputation and it does precede them. They handle themselves in a very professional manner. We are very please with our choice and would recommend it to anyone.(Have not used care services so can not rate them)

Not too sold on the rooms. seem very ...

Not too sold on the rooms. seem very small. $3470 + care services start at $325. Do have rehab & are I block from hosp. Not sure the rehab is inpatient, think outpatient only.

Nice outdoor area, great upstairs out...

Nice outdoor area, great upstairs outside terrace. Met a couple that showed us their apt and said they love it there. Draw back might be the distance and cost. But my first choice as far as facilities.

This one's great. Seems to have loads...

This one's great. Seems to have loads of things to keep her occupied. This was a 104 unit building that was laid out very well, with decent-sized studios. Their facilities were well apportioned and numerous, with a number of little niches and multiple interior grounds (well landscaped and pleasant). Staff was knowledgable and helpful and well-tenured. Even though this is the first large-sized facility I've seen, I've been thoroughly impressed and would rate this number 1 on my list. Lots of medical ammenities nearby: Banner Medical Center and numerous doctor offices, labs, etc.

Met with the activities director, saw...

Met with the activities director, saw special care area and we both liked what we saw. Bath/shower room is down the hall and a regular care giver assists each person twice a week. Lots of smiling faces here.

I really liked this place and the sta...

I really liked this place and the staff is wonderful!

impressed w/ facility. fill-in tour '...

impressed w/ facility. fill-in tour 'guide' did a nice job.

Very nice place looks new clean and n...

Very nice place looks new clean and not overcrowded. The most attractive thing is that shared living is actually seperated rooms common with one door so they are independant and not beds side by side. And the take Altec and PETS (a biggie).

pros: apt sizes, menu, lots of ac...

pros: apt sizes, menu, lots of activities, multi outdoor spaces. cons: generic baths, must use their pharmacy, distance

NOT an option: After visit, this is...

NOT an option: After visit, this is not enough, too large, 3 stories, too independent, lots of exits.

Welcome to Brookdale Baywood! Brookdale Baywood is a vibrant assisted living community offering services and accommodations for those seeking assisted living, independent living, or memory care.

Our mission is to provide superior care, services, and hospitality through a well-trained and dedicated staff while respecting the individual needs of each resident and family member.

Brookdale Baywood has been an active member of the community since 1996.

We look forward to hearing from you!