Brookdale East Arbor - Mesa, AZ

Brookdale East Arbor - Mesa, AZ has yet not published prices.

Definitely Worth a Look

Brookdale East Arbor has been a great community so far. [Removed], the director, was very helpful when we took our initial tour. The staff is great. They seem to treat the residents with a lot of respect, but I do wish they pushed my loved one more to participate in activities and be less sedentary. I really like the size of the community, and I think they strike a good, happy medium between assisted living and memory care levels. I also like that they have a snowbird program for loved ones and family members living in sister communities in colder climates, so they can come visit a warmer climate during the winter. Overall, I think this community is great and definitely worth a look.

Good staff

I really wished my loved one could have stayed at Brookdale East Arbor. It is a beautiful and clean community. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to try and accommodate our needs. They were very good about responding quickly to any questions or concerns that I had regarding the care being provided. We are moving to another community that will provide the extra care that we need.

A tour for care

This was a nice community but on the small side. We liked the staff and the cleanliness of this community. We liked the staff. This community did not have the feeling that we were looking for. We were not able to see a lot of activity for the residents at the time of the tour. We felt that this would have been a nice community if they had the care that we were needing. Families should consider a tour for the care of a loved one.

A respite stay

Things went fairly well for my loved ones respite stay at this community. We liked that the staff were encouraging the residents to participate in some of the daily activities. The food was good and the community is clean. I would recommend asking a lot of questions as they did not seem to offer the level of care my loved one needed.

Far Better Than I Expected

I am quite pleased with the care my mother is receiving. She is doing extremely well there and she is happy. She is doing the activities and enjoying being with the other residents. The staff is the best feature about this community. They are wonderful kind, compassionate and friendly. My mother seems to be enjoying the food and that is the important piece, however, I have some concerns about the nutrition factor especially at breakfast. I would recommend this community.

A community tour for mom

We toured this community for the care for my mom. We liked the staff. The dining area is nice, but she liked something more and they could use some small improvements. They need to update the out door furniture so that the residents are more comfortable. We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Very good all around. Least impressive is the food itself, which is good enough to say the east. Everything else is better than expected, especially the helpfulness and caring of the staff!

Not our favorite...

When we toured Brookdale East Arbor, we felt it was a little more Alzheimer care. My loved one was not at that level of care yet. Also, you have to get buzzed in the door to get in the building which I understand it is for the memory care patient's safety, but we did not like it.

A good tour!

The Brookdale East Arbor was a very nice community. The tour guide was very friendly and knowledgeable. I got good information. The facility was maintained well and clean, I did not notice anything major that needed improvement.

Things are going well

My husband is doing pretty good. I've been talking to the director to get some issues resolved. The staff leaves at 5PM and dinner is at 5PM. This leaves two people to clean up after dinner and get the residents ready for bed.I pay extra to have my husband have a two person lift because he is a big man. On Sunday there was only two caretakers so this leaves all the other 40 residents without a caregiver if they need something. The director took my advice into consideration and said they will start staggering on their schedule. They are bending over backwards to accommodate us.We chose Brookdale because we toured a few communities and this was the one that my husband liked the most.

A very nice place!

The Brookdale has been a good fit for my mother since she moved in. The staff are all friendly and seem to take care of problems fairly quickly. They tell me that she is joining in the functions they have going on there. The thing I wish they would improve on is communication. When my mother first moved in, they had things in her room that were not even hers. Other than that, they take good care of her and the price is very affordable.

A tour for care

This was a nice tour. The community is nice, but more of a feelig of a nursing home and not assisten living feeling. The staff were very helpful with also helping me with all the questions I had. The menu was appealing. The activites would of been great for participation. I would recommend that families tour this commuinty for the care and the value.

I would recommend this community

Mom is still adjusting to living at Brookdale. The staff are attentive when you ask them for things and they are quick to resolve any issues that may arise. The food is good and the dining room looks neat and clean. This is a smaller nice manageable community.

The Tour

The community was very different and smaller. I realized this place is more for assisted living, not our needs. The apartments are smaller, there is no cooking area with dinky little refrigerators. We felt this was not going to work for my mom, maybe other but not for us.

This community was a great relief!!

This is a clean and nice community that my mom enjoyed living in. She is now out of the community as she is doing much better than expected. The food was good and the community is very clean. The staff are very attentive and took excellent care of her. I would recommend this community.

Wasn't Pleased With The Skilled Nursing Staff

My mother was here for a respite stay, I will say the experience was okay. It is a nice facility, they a good job with keeping everything well maintained. The staff for the most part is good. I wasn't pleased with the skilled nursing staff and the way they cared for my mother. At this moment this is not a community I would recommend.

Nice People

This community is nice and very clean with nice rooms to stay in. My dad was staying here and enjoyed the music opportunities. The staff members are so nice and are great at keep my dad's room clean. I was a little disappointed with the communication between the staff and I. There were promises not kept and never a call back when I needed to reach them. In the beginning it was very good and I didn't have any issue but I am disappointed with the outcome.

Mom Is Happy

My mother is doing very well at this community, they are caring for her very well. The community looks great and very well-kept. She really enjoys the staff, they have been very helpful and kind. There are many activities offered. She enjoys the food, I've tried it and it does taste good. She has really adjusted well to it. I would highly recommend this community.

A place for hope

My wife and I were looking for a caring staff with a at home feel and found this here, Mom is having a difficult time adjusting but all of the folks at Brookdale E. Arbor are being very helpful and caring to Mom. It is a very challenging thing to go through as we all understand the need for extra care for our aging family and we are very thankful for having such a place to go and still have social interaction, something we could not provide.

My brother was at Brookdale East Arbor for 3 weeks respite care. They took good care of him. The staff seemed really good. The apartment room he was in was clean and very nice. I had filled out forms for speech therapy while he was there, but that didn't happen until the end of his stay. I was a little bummed about that. The food was fine.

Small, friendly and active community.

My mom is very happy with Brookdale East Arbor, she loves it there. Things are going great and she is adjusting well. The community is small. The staff is friendly. They are very active there and offer lots of activities for the residents to participate in. The food is good, my mom likes some of it, but not all.

Good suggestion

Things are going well. . .very much so. It was a very good suggestion and we are very pleased with Mom's care.

horrible bookkeeping

Would not recommend them. The billing is horrible. The nurses are fine and the cleanliness but the bookkeeping is horrible.

worn down carpet

The only thing they could improve is in the bathrooms with the individual showers. They are only 4 feet tall and if you're taller you're forced to take a shower on the shower chair. Also the carper is worn down

Everything is top-Notch

They have done everything just top-notch. Their attentiveness to my brother's needs, everything, they have just been on the ball and with keeping us in the loop of everything. A thousand times better than where he was.

None

I spoke with the admissions on the phone and decided that this type of facility was not for my mom, seems nice and friendly in a group home type of setting.

tHE WORST EXPERIENCES EVER

This is by far the worst possible place to bring your loved ones! Betty the Marketing Manager was caught lying to me more than 6 times during a tour of the facility. When questioned about her discrepancies, we were told to leave and never return, even though a loved one is already living there.

Betty had us locked outside of the building. We were forced to call Mesa PD because our loved ones civil rights were being violated. After weeks of calls with upper management the issue was resolved, well sort of, there was the fact that we were out $200 for travel expenses to get to Mesa, and no one including the Regional Vice President seemed to care. I am now 8 weeks into waiting for the companies official response to how they intend to handle the funds. I'm not holding my breath!

Run from this facility as fast as you can! They are not prepared for the number of residents already there, and do NOT have the ability, training or willingness to take care of these folks as needed.

On two separate occasions my loved one was taken to the hospital due to severe issues. Once was pneumonia and the second time (now) was C Dif!!! When I tried alerting the Executive Director to the C Diff issue, I was told I was wrong about how long she had been ill, and there was nothing to worry about. Well, gee whiz am I sure glad that I travel over 200 miles 3 times weekly to check on my loved one here and low and behold, two days after my call to the director, she was being rushed to the hospital by way of ambulance. Ask yourself as I have, what would've happened to my loved one had I not been willing to drive the excessive amounts of miles that I must to check on here! THIS IS NOT A GOOD FACILITY!!!

She has now been checked into the hospital twice, and neither time was it by the staff at The Sterling House! Not once! It is my opinion that either they don't care, or don't know any better, but either answer is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE!!! I have now been waiting for more than 3 days for a call back from the Regional VP, I'm starting to wonder if that call is ever going to come.

RUN, RUN, RUN FROM THIS PLACE AND FIND SOMEWHERE THAT YOUR LOVED ONES CAN GO INTO AND BE TAKEN CARE OF FOR REAL!!!!

Not really for Alzheimers

Mom is living here now but not for long. They don't appear to be able to handle her Alzheimer's issues and there is quite a few meetings and exchanges. I feel like we have to check on her a lot even though we were told that we could relax and just be her children - that is not happening!
Some of the residents that are very low functioning but Mom found some dear ladies she relates to and enjoys them a lot so don't let first impressions scare you.
One of the best things is Louie, the chef. He is exhuberant, friendly and a real treasure - the food is great!
We loved that it was an attractive facility and small enough to feel homey. The rooms are very lovely.
No doubt that Mom has some difficult behavior issues because of her disease, but if she didn't, we wouldn't be looking for Memory Care. They even added on extra costs for her behavior issues because the staff has to spend more time with her. As she declines, she will have more issues! Good thing she doesn't remember everything!
We may be the exception and I hate to tear them down because they appear to be professional and working very hard. Maybe their customer service skills are lacking. The hands-on care staff, although small in number, are very good. This is not our first time at the dance so we have something to compare to but we have to handle way too much of her care to be able to relax. This place might be if your loved ones that do not have Alzheimers.

NA

I feel the Sterling House facility is one of the nicest in the valley. The place is kept clean and the employees are always more than willing to help my mother who lives there.There are other facilities that are a little less money, but the Sterling House is about 5 miles closer.

I'm happy with it.

The staff is very friendly. The food is pretty good, I've eaten there a few times. They do pretty good, considering what they are there for. They treat the patients pretty good. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that needs to be improved. I'm happy with it.

Good Community

I would say that the staff is very professional and friendly. The residents all get along which was important to me. The services were delivered in a timely. Lots of activities. Not so spread out tha it’s hard to get around for elderly people. It’s one level - which is really important for people with balance problems. The food is good.

Our visit gave us peace of mind.

I took my mother-in-law into tour the Brookdale Community and we were very impressed with the all the amenities. We were greeted with warm and friendly enthusiasm. The staff really seemed to care about some of the difficulties that we were going through and went above and beyond what I would have thought was the call of duty. They have been great through this whole thing, keeping my in the loop with how she has been doing since they took her in (I live on the other side of the US).
I could go on and on about the staff and still feel like I haven't sung their praises enough but I will stop there. The facility not only looked clean, it smelled clean which was huge for me. (I have been to places for seniors that were quite odiferous). The environment was warm and inviting and the other residents were friendly and seemed happy as well. I was able to attend some of the activities with my M-I-L while I was there and she really seemed to enjoy the socialization with the other ladies. I really appreciate that there are well organized activities for her to attend and have an enjoyable life rather than living life through the window referred to as "TV". On top of it all, my husband and I now have peace of mind for her safety. She did not want to live where we are currently residing and we didn't know what we could do to accommodate both her needs and her desires. Once we walked into Sterling House of Mesa, our search was over. She told me, "This is home."

Staff friendly and engaged ...

Staff friendly and engaged with clients. Room deodorant used in hallways (?). Clean. A number of choices for room selection. Mix of memory care and non-memory care.

Interaction with the staff at Sterling Housw

After viewing several the assisted living established in Mesa...There was NO other place to consider, that this was the place for our loved one....Betty, Liz and all the staff was wonderful..Don Gatts is very happy that he chose to be his home..We came back to Ohio with no worry that we had chosen THE place for him.

Liked it the best

My situation was different in that my dad refused to go. I really loved the place, it looked great, the people were really nice, it was the right sized place (it wasn't immense but it wasn't too small), it was clean, it was bright, it was light, the hallways were wide, the people were very good to me but I didn't understand how quickly I would get into a contract with them so I got kind of panicky. They were good to me and they were offering me a room that was in a good spot, then they wanted a deposit so I got a little nervous but I came back to put down the deposit and then we got into a contract which was very lengthy and covered everything under the sun and I got emotional. I wanted to know what would happen if my dad didn't come so she went off and talked to her regional rep and they offered me a deal so I ended up agreeing to it and then my dad wouldn't come. It turned out that I owed them for 2 weeks for him being there when he wasn't and there was the deposit which is like a residents fee, they gave me half of it back and I ended up paying over 2000 for a place my dad never went to. They did say they would credit us back if he did decide to move in but that's the part that makes me unsure. I liked this over the other places I saw but I would be nervous about getting billed for things.

Great Community

We visited several communities in the area and Sterling House of Mesa was the best one and the one we wanted our loved one in. All of the residents here are treated the same whether they have Alzheimer’s or not. Every new resident gets 3 sponsors to help them adjust to the community. They take them to get meals and take them to activities and really just try to get them integrated. It was also less costly then comparable communities. We would recommend this community to anyone even my closest friends.

I adore the place and their staff.

I adore the place and their staff.

The room we saw was small, included b...

The room we saw was small, included bathroom with shower, small refrigerator and a microwave. There were call buttons by the bed and in the bathroom.

Brookdale East Arbor provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

At Brookdale East Arbor we promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Our community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.