THE BEST PLACE for MEMORY CARE for your LOVED ONE

Copper Village is an AMAZING facility! I can't praise it enough. My mom had Alzheimer's and lived here for the last year of her life. She was in Cottage 4, where the women were still active, but close to end stage. The caregivers are absolutely THE BEST! They TRULY CARE about the residents, and make every one of them feel loved & taken care of. And RESPECTED. On my first visit, I sat back, out of view, to observe. What I saw was so beautiful that I cried. A women kept getting up without her walker. The caregiver came over & asked her to please sit down. This happened 5 times. The woman became angry & yelled, "WHY SHOULD I SIT DOWN?" The caregiver took her arm & softly said, "Because I love you!" The woman calmly sat down, with a smile. The ladies are always clean, dressed, and have their hair brushed. If they're hungry, they can have a snack. No one rushes them to finish eating or scolds them for making a mess. The ladies always seemed so happy. Sometimes, there would be old music playing, and they would all be singing & tapping to the beat. These ladies were treated with such kindness & love & patience & RESPECT. The cottages have open areas with very nice grounds for walks & visiting. The rooms can be personalized by family, so it feels like home. There are many planned activities, so there isn't much free time to "experience" the Alzheimer's. The cottages & grounds are safe & there are locked gates around each area for security. ALL of the Caregivers were always there to help my family & me get thru this awful time. They helped make my mom happy in the last year of her life. They all became a part of my family & they are STILL a HUGE part of my life.

THE BEST PLACE for MEMORY CARE for your LOVED ONE

The caregivers are absolutely THE BEST! They TRULY CARE about the residents, and make every person feel loved & taken care of. And RESPECTED. On my first visit, I sat back, out of view, to observe. What I saw was so beautiful that I cried. A women kept getting up without her walker. The caregiver came over & asked her to please sit down. This happened 5 times. The woman became angry & yelled, "WHY SHOULD I SIT DOWN?" The caregiver took her arm & softly said, "Because I love you!" The woman calmly sat down, with a smile. The ladies always had their hair brushed & clean clothes. The cottages are open with very nice grounds for walks & visiting. The rooms are all personalized by family, so it feels like home. Locked gates around grounds for security. Caregivers were always there to help me. They are still a part of my family. They helped make mom happy in the last year of her life. And, I can't thank them enough!

Wish it wasn't so far!

I looked at Legacy. They would guarantee ALTCS within a year, and I didn't mind waiting, but what held me back was that it was in the east side of the valley. The apartments were very large in memory care, they almost seemed larger than the independent apartments It was very, very nice, very well appointed. When you went in, you were impressed. It's all inside, no outside access to the rooms. A bunch of people were in the activity area doing puzzles and games. They had a separate room for women only, and a separate room for gentlemen only.

Encore is nationally recognized for our progressive approach to Alzheimer's care, known as the Rediscovery ™ program. Distinctly different from other settings, we've created an environment that is both calming and understandable to those with Alzheimer's and other dementias. Rediscovery residences are designed for a small group of people who share similar abilities. Residents are also provided with easily recognized sensory "cues" to help them understand where they are and what they should be doing. Rediscovery goes further. We combine this unique setting with the expertise of Quality of Life Specialists who implement activity and care programs that are unequaled in quality, professionalism and attention to detail.