Golden Living of Pt. Loma - San Diego, CA

Unfortunately the staff there do not care for the residents properly. They have been cited for many wrong doings. All are available on CCLD website.

I suspect many of the residents are living on SSI, so you cannot really expect a lot. This is an older facility that is not particularly well-maintained. If you are on SSI and can get in, it is a good deal. If you are private pay and this is all you can afford, it is a good deal. Recently (late 2016) the food has gotten much better, as they have new cooks. The staff is generally fairly proficient in English, kind, and pleasant, but certainly not trained to any discernible level. For that reason, I would be very cautious before placing anyone in their memory care wing, unless this is the best you can afford. If you have long term care insurance and/or a healthy monthly income, I might suggest visiting to get a baseline so that you can compare with what other, more expensive facilities offer. It is not a bad place. It is clean enough, active enough, and provides shelter, food, and some activities for a very reasonable price.

Do not like that area! Too close to very busy streets, doesn't look good at all. I would not want my mom there. No place to walk.

It was smaller with shared rooms and shared bathrooms.

We weren't really impressed with this. It was smaller with shared rooms and shared bathrooms. That was a deal breaker for us. It also felt more like a house.

The administrator seemed gr...

The administrator seemed great. She was caring and enthusiastic. They seem to really do their best to avoid hidden costs and make sure it is workable for the patients. But the facility is poorly located directly behind a strip of fast food restaurants. It is small and smells bad. There were several residents just sitting in wheel chairs in the hallway doing and saying nothing. They were just warehoused. I would never put my mother here.

At Golden Living Point Loma, we make access to healthcare easy. We also work closely with home-health agencies who provide healthcare in the comfort and privacy of the residents own room. Residents call this seaside community a hidden treasure!
We provide affordable living options and do not compromise with quality and strive for the wellness and enrichment of your lives. We guarantee personalized caring assistance and are passionate and dedicated about we do….our Seniors!!!