Sunrise of La Jolla - San Diego, CA

About Sunrise of La Jolla

Community & Location Highlights:

•Conveniently located in San Diego, CA
•Close to Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
•Gorgeous views of the Pacific ocean
•Near La Jolla Country Club and La Jolla’s downtown

Sunrise of Pacific Beach in San Diego, California, provides exclusive assisted living services in a unique community focused on personal wellness and individual choice. Our residents enjoy daily activities and events to enrich their mind, body and spirit. Our designated care managers are specially trained to carry out each resident’s individualized service plan, while our dedicated culinary, housekeeping and activities teams ensure that life here is full of loving care. We are conveniently located close to La Jolla Country Club as well as the downtown area filled with shopping and dining choices. Visit our community today to see why our residents are proud to call Sunrise of Pacific Beach home.

A nice tour

This is a nice and clean community for families looking for assisted living assistance. My mom was not needing this type of care. The staff were nice and friendly and answered our questions. We were offered a snack, but did decline. They offered activities that seems to appear as exercises . I think that they could offer a different variety of activities for those who would want to participate. We were very happy with the clealiness. I would recommend families to see if this is what they are looking for.

I really liked this community!!

The staff at Sunrise were wonderful and very accommodating. The food was good and they kept the community clean. My loved one was only here for a short time as we wanted her closer to us so we moved her to another community. I have no complaints about this community

Nice place

The staff at Sunrise of La Jolla was very accommodating and the facilities were pleasant, comfortable, practical, and clean.

Very Helpful

I have been really happy with all of the staff members and with the care that they have been giving my husband and how they seem to have been very helpful to him and also very careful in watching over him.

Nice place, friendly people. Could be more upfront with their pricing.

Overall our experience with Sunrise of La Jolla has been a good one. The facility itself is very nice, and all of the aides and caregivers are friendly and do their best to look after the residents. I had a few issues with their medication service initially, and had to do a bit of work on my own to get things working smoothly, but that all worked out. I do feel they could have been a lot more upfront about their pricing before we moved our loved one in. It initially looked like it would be near the same price as the community we moved from, but there were a lot of extra fees that they didn't mention that get tacked on to our bill.

Very nice tour and feel to the property lots of amendments. Liked the friendly personnel. A little on the pricey side. Location in Pacific Beach makes for a longer commute.

The transition has been rocky, but they are nice and caring.

They are doing a good job. There are some things that aren't quite what I hoped. They aren't as well staffed as I had expected or hoped. They got hit with the flu and they are just starting to come out it. But there were new people all the time, and that was frustrating, they didn't know where the notes were. They were going through transition with a new manager, but they are working on it. I like the staff they are caring and well intentioned. In general I think they are very nice and caring people. The cleaning and the laundry has had some issues. They keep the general facilities clean, but there have been a few issues with the private areas. The food is really good, and I like them, we have just had a little bit of a rocky start through this transition.

The place was small compare...

The place was small compared to other institutions, no outside grounds for folks to walk or swim. The lunch menu was limited but the vegetables were fresh. There were no activities in progress to witness. They charge by the service individually and do not provide furnished respite units. Their staff is trained through 'Sunrise University' for 40 hours. It's questionable whether there are certified staff on board. Underground parking was very limited. Lastly, they are closer to Pacific Beach than La Jolla.

M (potential resident) felt...

M (potential resident) felt that Sunrise felt like a nursing home. I like it and loved the location.

Very nice place, but apts face other ...

Very nice place, but apts face other two story apts. Not ready to give up our privacy.