The Gardens of Riverside - Riverside, CA

Brookdale is a nice and friendly environment but needs updating so I gave the 4 star rating instead of 5. It may be a bit too spread out with too many rooms and hallways for my mom to navigate. On the other hand, for higher functioning residents that can be a plus. The staff seem caring, knowledgeable and invested in their residents well-being.

My mom lives at this community and the care has been excellent. The staff really take the time to make sure her needs are consistently met. 5 stars!!

Review of Meridian Gardens of Riverside - Riverside, CA

Very nice staff, admin respectful/courteous.
Community is very clean and well maintained.

Review of Meridian Gardens of Riverside - Riverside, CA

Very nice staff, admin respectful/courteous.

-[The] community is very clean and well maintained.

Review of Meridian Gardens of Riverside - Riverside, CA

Meridian Gardens provides its residents with a service of community and freedom that I have not seen at other memory care communities. Whenever I visit, I see residents interacting with each other in the television room, doing crafts or puzzles in the dining room, relaxing in the central courtyard or just sitting in the chairs surrounding the courtyard. Meridian Gardens provides independence to their residents while keeping them safe.

Review of Meridian Gardens of Riverside - Riverside, CA

My father has been at Meridian Gardens, Riverside since [Removed]. Since then, he was bullied by one resident resulting in a hand fracture. On [Removed], I did an unannounced visit to meet my father. I observed an [Removed] [woman] with a large bandage around her left index finger complaining about another resident (male) [Removed]. I saw the same resident walking out of the nursing station and he also has bandages on his hand. My concern is the level of monitoring that goes on at this facility among the staff.
These incidents can be avoided with proper supervision and security. I hope this communication can [be] kept [confidentially]. I would hope that someone can spot check this facility from time-to-time.

Review of Meridian Gardens of Riverside - Riverside, CA

This community is very special. The team here truly care about the residents and the programs are truly engaging.

Review of Meridian Gardens of Riverside - Riverside, CA

My father-in-law had front lobe Dementia, which can be extra challenging at times. The Meridian Garden family took such great care of my father-in-law. They gave my husband and I the best gift possible... good memories. Good memories of my father-in-law smiling & enjoying time with his son, my husband. Priceless.

Review of Meridian Gardens of Riverside - Riverside, CA

This facility is not only clean but it is very homely and very friendly as well.

Review of Meridian Gardens in Riverside

Very nice place to work. PT and staff are very happy.

Review of Meridian Gardens in Riverside

Beautiful clean and well maintained property. Staff are always very friendly an truly care about their residents.

Review of Meridian Gardens in Riverside

This is such a warm and loving facility! Everyone is friendly and willing to help.

Review of Meridian Gardens

In general, the care for my friend, Bill Springer, has been very good with few exceptions. He has been in this facility for three months and is very happy with his care by the caregivers and personnel in general.

Review of Meridian Gardens of Riverside

Good friend is living here. Was neighbor for 15 years. Nice to see he is being taken care of.

Happy residents!!

I have recently taken a tour of this community and I have no complaints of how things had went. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I thought they did a great job with the presentation and had a lot of great amenities to offer the residents. I thought the property was beautiful and very well maintained by all of the staff. It was just not the right location for us in the end decision but I would recommend it to anyone.

Mom is happy!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my mother since she made the move into this community. The staff have been very kind to her and patient with her needs considering has some memory loss. She has had a healthy appetite and is eating the meals they provide her throughout the day. Overall it has been a pleasant experience and I am comfortable with the care mom has been receiving.

My dad has been getting very good care and our experience has been great. Although he is not participating much in the activities, there are plenty for him choose when he is ready. He likes the food they make. It is nice to see the residents leave their room to the outside. It has a nice courtyard that is nice and secured. It is not a hallway they go into. I think it is where senior should be at.

My husband spent only one week at Meridian Gardens before he passed but the careing and concern were wonderful​. The whole staff will always have a special place in my heart. They were so kind to me and my family. The grounds are lovely and staff is wonderful.

Outstanding Care

This is a great community. The staff is wonderful and caring. We like knowing that my mom is liking the meals. We like that she is enjoying all of the activities with the residents. A lot of nice trips away from the community. She is always happy and likes being here. We have been happy that she has settled into a great community with great care. We love this community. Her room is separate and she likes having her own private area. We highly recommend this excellent value and great care for other families for the care of a loved one.

Everything is going great!!

My husband has had no complaints since making the move into this community. The staff have done a great job at making sure he is comfortable and feels safe in his new living environment. He seems to be liking the food they serve as well as the different activities they have available to the residents throughout the day. We are making the best of our situation and are thankful for the services this place has provided him.

My mother was placed in Meridian Gardens after she started experiencing dementia from the effects of late stage terminal cancer. Although she was only there for 13 days before she passed, I found every staff member to be extremely caring, compassionate, and professional towards my mother. They treated my sister and I so kindly, always asking us if we needed anything, would bring us water, coffee, light snacks etc. I really feel like they are family now and will miss seeing them on a regular basis. They are truly angels on earth. I don't know what we would have done without them. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone at Meridian Gardens

In our opinion "Riversides Best"!

We bring my Mom here for respite care. Wish we could afford for her to stay full time. The times we come the place is always clean. Everyone is attentive to the care of their residents. Very kind and compassionate people. There are always activities that Mom enjoys. She didn't want to go at first and now she asks me when she can go! You won't be sorry to entrust the care of your loved one to this facility!

It is a beautiful community. The courtyard and private little studios are very nice. All the staff is very friendly and seem to care about the residents. Every time I have been there, there has been an activity going on for the residents that want to participate. I am happy with the decision we have made to move my mom to meridian gardens of riverside.

Thankful and blessed

I am writing this review in regards to my personal experience with Meridian Gardens of Riverside. My father in law has been a resident for the last few years as his dementia had accelerated . He has recently passed and I am so thankful for the last few years with our Dad and for his time there. This facility was like a family, the staff there treat their residents with such love and care :-) .We had so many great memories and had so many great times together there with Dad. ALL staff, from administration down were caring and friendly and made us feel that our Dad was loved . As Dad's disease progressed he became a bit of a handful at times and needed more understanding and patience and this was definitely seen at Meridian . I would highly recommend it for families looking into this type of care for their loved one. As Dad began his decline and began to slip away this facility went above and beyond for our entire family. We were given such freedom to be with our Dad day and night . The staff was so accomadating and so kind to all of us and we could surely see the love they had for him . I will cherish those moments when I saw the staff so concerned and sad to see our Dad passing away. We could not have been taken care of any better in my opinion! We were blessed to have our Dad at Meridian Gardens. My husband and I will continue to visit there with residents and staff because they have become like family to us. What a huge blessing for our family, thank you from the bottom of my heart . God bless your service to these precious residents that are battling this terrible disease. We will never forget what you did for the Meeks Family.

We Are Happy With This Community

I have no issues with the community, they keep it clean and provide things to do. The staff are friendly and attentive to my mom. Mom is not a social person but she has made a few friends here. I think the food tastes all good but my mom thinks it is sometimes good. We like this place and have already mentioned this place to others.

Very nice place!

We went to tour this community when considering moving my Dad into assisted living. This place is by far the nicest place in the area and was our top pick. The place is very clean and the staff are very friendly. One thing you'll notice is how happy and well cared for the residents are. If it came down to it we would have moved Dad there but decided to keep him home instead.

I visited Meridian and I like that it is a small facility, Richard was very friendly and understood what I was looking for. I am still looking, they are #1 on my list right now.

very helpful

Meridian Gardens of Riverside did really well getting my mom in. They were very helpful and accommodating throughout the process. Mom was well cared for overall. She was dehydrated at one point, but I do not think that was their fault.

The people there are really good people. All the people that I met when I was there on a tour and when I have visited mom really seem to know what they're doing and are very courteous.

Appreciation Letter

To Management team and Meridian Gardens Staff,

On behalf of my father W.C we wanted to express our heartfelt and sincere appreciation for the care you provided him while living in your community.

You always ensured it felt like HOME for Dad and were always so friendly to us on our visit. We could not have asked for more in the way he was always treated with compassion and respect.

In Particular how the team went out of their way to make sure the family was comfortable during Dad's final days while we were sitting with him.

We could not have been luckier to have you in our lives and caring for Dad. You definitely do God's work!

The place is nice, I like it.

The place is nice, I like it. The concerns were with the response times, when she calls it isn't as quick as we would like. It's been an ongoing issue, and there is always an excuse, something about the pagers, usually. I will say though, that when I bring it to their attention they are right on it, coming up with solutions. 9 out of 10 caregivers are pretty good, but the ratio is only 1 for every 9 residents. The food isn't bad, but I am sure it's better other places, and they don't have green salad, just a lot of other vegetables.

This was our second choice. We really liked it,

This was our second choice. We really liked it, it was very nice. There were a few things we didn't like as much. The rooms were outside, and I was worried that she would wander. The staff had cameras and stuff so they could monitor them, but I just didn't feel it was very secure. Once they were in the main room the doors were alarmed but they could still slip out with someone. I did like the location though.

Review of Meridian Gardens of Riverside in Riverside, CA

My name is Patty, my dad is a resident at Meridian Gardens of Riverside. I am writing this to thank you all for the many many kindness you have extended to my sister and family. In this day of age it is EXCEPTIONAL!
My sister has had more than her share of challenges and I am unable to be by her side or visit dad due to many miles away and I have to take care of my ill husband.
I know dad is receiving the best care- because YOU CARE!
From the bottom of my heart I thank you and say God Bless you!

I liked them the best of all the places we have seen.

This is one of the places we toured as we have been looking around. I liked them the best of all the places we have seen. It looks like this will be the best fit for us in the future.

Love this place - my experience

Lovely, caring. Place. Loved it the moment I walked through the door. Staff are the best. Love the openness of the environment. An all exclusive place. You will love it as well!

Review of Meridian Gardens in Riverside, CA

Excellent, caring staff. Cooperative in every way with our needs. Lots of activities and supervised outings.

DO NOT CHOOSE MERIDIAN

Doesn't even deserve half a star!!! My great grandmother was a resident for almost 6 months at meridian. My family and I were assured she would be taken well taken care of. As many know it takes a leap of faith and requires blind trust in order to put your loved ones care into someone else that you have never really knew before. We were assured we could trust them so we decided to take a chance with them... Don't make the same mistake!!! We were constantly told that she got her required metrication that she needed daily and on occasion we would be told they needed more. However, recently we had noticed she had not been getting the needed care so my family and I reached the point to where we moved her. We moved her in to the new nursing home which is superb. But on return to pick up her medication we find out she had not been getting her doctor required medication that without was life threatening. The staff at meridian is great with the residents but the administration does not care about the residents. I advise to not use this facility for anybody.

A garden in the center

It’s a garden fill – at the center of it. When they get worse, they move to a different building, so residents can age in place. They are very caring, a very concerned staff. There has always been enough parking when I visit.

All Memory Care Now

They were having some issues when my mom was there. They ended up transitioning that facility to memory care. It was assisted living with a separate memory care unit but then they switched it over the entire place being memory care so that's why she had to move. The food quality was not good at all. There were some issues there.

AL & Mem unit; garden, pet friendly

AL & Mem unit; garden, pet friendly

The Gardens of Riverside is nestled in the hills of La Sierra. We are two separate buildings on one property which allows us to provide a wide range of services to our valued seniors! Our many years of service has built a strong relationship among residents, families, staff, and our guest. We work diligently to meet the needs of all our residents and encourage Independence in everyone! Our Activities Director is sensitive to the residents social history and therefore plans activities based on the interests of all residents. Our country home style living is one of the many features we have that makes our community feel like home!

The Gardens of Riverside
License: 336426137
The Gardens of Riverside serve seniors in several states nation wide, In Ventura County, LA county, Orange County and Inland Empire. We believe that "Everyone Deserves A Great Life". Our trained staff work with families' supports to create Moment in Time at personal level for each of our residents. We are joining their journey until their journey end.