Brookdale Anaheim - Anaheim, CA

Brookdale Anaheim - Anaheim, CA has yet not published prices.

The residents seem active and intersocial.
No official staff member was available to give me a tour despite having an appt, so I was very disappointed in the customer service; but the receptionist was very accomodating.

Today my sister and I visited the Brookdale Anaheim .... we liked it.
The Memory Care accepts 20 residents... at the moment there are beds available. Because [name removed] is a sociable person, I think the facility may be better for her than the small residence with only 6 residents. Money wise... both the small residence and the larger facility are about the same... expensive. The set up of the Memory Care... looked good and appropriate for 20 residents... activities room, dining area, a small sitting area for one on one therapy, and a patio. The room we saw was nice and large for one person but comfortable if shared. It had it’s own bathroom with a vanity with sink separate from the shower and toilet. Shower was large and easily accessed. Due to distance, we will see if we can visit Brookdale Garden Grove and a couple more closer to our home.

Excellent

We toured here while looking for a place for my loved one, and I thought it was an excellent community. However, it was more expensive than some of the other places we viewed. My mother also really liked another place we previously saw, so we ultimately went with her choice.

When Looking a Community

I toured the community and it didn't seem as upgraded as I had hoped for. I am glad that I found A Place For Mom to help find a community.

The Executive Director is amazing! The staff has been very helpful and kind to my mother in law.

So far things are good!!

My mother in law has recently made the move into this community and I have no complaints of how things are going for her. The staff have been very easy to work with and I am comfortable with the care she has been receiving. Every time I go and visit they do a great job with maintaining the property and keeping the facility spotless. My wife has had a chance to try a few of the meals and says they have lots of a variety and tasty food. Overall we are very pleased and would recommend it to anyone interested.

Brookdale friendly caring staff and not too big.

The main reason I chose Brookdale Memory Care was for it's smaller size. There were more modern ones out there but way to big. Was concerned about my dad getting lost. There is a community feel here and the staff are so caring and helpful. The cost is less than most of the other ones as well, but my main reason was size. I feel he gets better hands on attention and help here.

A good value

Grandma loves the director and the dining room staff. She seems to like the food, however she does think they offer small portions. She likes to participate in some of the daily activities. She likes the church group, bible study and chair aerobics. She really likes the bus driver they have. The community is clean and they have nice landscaping. I would recommend this community.

Tour and patience

We liked this community for the positives environment. We liked the community and that they keep it clean and maintained. The menu was appealing and the nice variety is offered. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Amazing Community!!

I was very impressed with the tour I had of this community for my loved one. I was greeted with kind and welcoming staff and they made sure to take there time with our visit . They answered any questions we had for them and had lots of great information on there facility. It was very clean and had a lot of beautiful features. It was just not the right location.

Active community. Nice rooms, lots to do, very clean. The courtyard was a gem! A little high on the non-refundable, one-time fee.

Beautiful! My Dad loved it! But too expensive for my Dad.

Clean Facility!!

I enjoyed my tour of this community and thought they had a very clean and well maintained facility. They have lots of great amenities available to all of the residents and spacious common areas. I also I thought they had a nice dinning experience with a nutritious menu. Overall it was great place just was not the right fit for my mother in the end decision.

Everything I could ask for !!

I could not imagine having a better experience then what this place has provided for my parents at there community. All of the staff have been wonderful and have really taken the time to take care of my mom and to get to know her on a personal level. I am overly pleased with how things are going and would defiantly recommend this place to anyone.

Mom is happy!

There was a lot of anticipation and concern with her going into assisted living, but now that she has moved in she loves it. She does the early morning prayer along with other activities. She is having a good time and we feel that it has been a very good fit for her so far.

A great tour!

When I toured the Brookdale Anaheim, I thought it was a very nice community. The place was clean and maintained well. The tour guide was the able to top answer all of my questions and give me helpful information.

An Accommodating Tour and A Well Move In

On my tour of the community I saw residents that were happy, healthy, and more active. Their menu was set up with appetizers, soups and salads and a variety of basic protein meals. Since moving my mom into the community it was been very well. The staff are friendly and pretty attentive. The place is safe, clean, and secure. There is a complaint about how the meat is over cooked, from what is said it is better than before. They may be in a transition and hope they can focus on properly cooking the meals.

Mom liked this one. The room was good sized, the staff & residents were friendly, the activities were well thought out. The doggie bags out on the grounds were nice and it's close to lots of shopping.

Great facilities. Very friendly staff. But the $3400 in fess is a game changer! Looks like private accommodations are out of my league.

Comfort For Mom!!

Things are going well for my mother since she made the move to the Brookdale, it's not home, but it's pretty close. I think it's quite a place I like going there. The place is clean and organized. There are some stains on the carpet, but they probably form the food service. I know they do a deep carpet cleaning once a month. I've eaten there twice, the meals are great, it's defiantly a well-balanced diet. The doctors and nurses are nice. When I go to a visit, they have always had activities going on such as music, playing Wii bowling, and other games. Whenever something breaks or we have an issue, they fix it immediately. We are very happy!

Not for us!

My loved one looked at this community and felt it was not really as nice as we would have liked. It is an older darker looking community. It did seem clean and the people she met were nice. This was one of the less expensive communities in the area.

Took my father on the tour with me and he was really excited about the location, the residents, staff and especially the room size.
Location is far enough away from a busy street, making it a very quite area. Lots of parking and ease of entry.

Our tour!

This community would be our second choice. The staff were nice during our tour. The apartments did not offer kitchenettes and this was one thing we were looking for. The community seemed clean.

Good Care for Mom

The community is really nice. Staff members are helpful and friendly. The community is very clean. Alot of great activities. I would recommend it for other families.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Brookdale Anaheim! The facility itself bright and well decorated, and always very clean. The people here are incredibly caring! They're always checking in on Dad to make sure he is getting to all of the activities and meals! I'd highly recommend it!

Community needs some upkeep!

The staff that offered the tour of Brookdale Anaheim were very courteous and friendly. The staff were knowledgeable and able to address all of my concerns. Brookdale Anaheim was showing obvious signs of wear. The community is in need of some maintenance and updating to help improve the overall feel of the home.

Some Room For Improvements, But Overall A Nice Community

My mother is doing great here at this community. She has adjusted well to it. For the most part is it a nice and clean community, but there is some room for improvements with the cleaning. The staff is nice and pretty helpful, but as well there is room for improvement with the staff. There are activities offered, but my mom hasn't tired any yet. She is pleased with the meals, the food is good. I know she is receiving great care. She is safe here and I would recommend it.

I really appreciated the quick help and understanding you were able to help me with. My Dad was able to make his choice on the one he liked best. They were a terrific help .

Great Sr. Living Community

Staff is very personable. The Residents look really happy and healthy. The sit down dining and ability to order off the menu is very impressive.

I would highly recommend this Sr. Living Community.

Great place

Large clean facility that smells good all the time. Dining room large and comfortable and they serve pretty darn good food. Staff is sweet and gentle which is exactly what senior citizens need. Each resident has a beeper they wear so they can push it anytime and recieve assistance from a caretaker. Resident fictions are plentiful and fun. Monica The property manager is reliable, sweet and compassionate the perfect package for this environment. I would definitely recommend this place. Pet friendly too!!!

Dad Is Happy

Everything is going well for my father at this community. They are caring for him very well. I am very pleased with everything they have done for us. He really likes it here. The staff has been very wonderful to work with. They do offer good activities and nice food. Overall he is happy so I would recommend it.

Unfortunately my Step father's stay wasn't very long, but our short time was very nice. The staff and nurses were very helpful. We needed something very quickly and Angie made it happen. Thanks so much for helping me give my stepfather his last few days in an amazing place. I will tell others of ur great experience.

Everything is Positive

The activities are a little spotty, like they don't show up a lot of the times. The staff is good though and the sales director was very helpful as well. The process was good, the food is good and everything is positive.

The Real Brookdale Anaheim

The only real problem I've had is in getting things done. I have a coffee table, pictures to hang, a little fencing around the balcony, and it seems very difficult to get help to do these things. Otherwise, the place is great! The staff is friendly and caring, the food choices and food itself are wonderful. The other residents are also friendly and helpful. Great community!!

would like to see more activities

Brookdale Anaheim is going just fine. Mom had a hard time in the beginning. She was very aggressive because she didn't want to be in there. She has good days and bad days. I would like to see more activities at this facility. I know in the memory care a lot of the residents cant participate. Otherwise my mom says the girls are really nice here.

Receptionist greeting me was friendly. I ran a few minutes late, so had to wait just a few short minutes for my contact, but this afforded me an opportunity to observe staff/residents engagement, use of dining room and grounds through window.
Residents were engaging, cheerful for most part, and engaged me warmly, as did Chef Alejandro(?).Dining room was filled. Grounds seemed beautifully maintained and the setting is lovely.
My tour, as conducted by Angie
Guido, was very informative and she was warm and friendly, taking notes, since this visit is research regarding my own future placement.
The apartment unit is very spacious with great amenities. I love the open spaces for safe ambulation. Library, common areas and meeting areas were nicely appointed. Clean with NO SMELLS on visit. Top of my list for numerous reasons, but also the initial price for a resident needing minimal care is fantastic.

very friendly

The staff at Brookdale Anaheim are all very friendly. The facility is very nice. I almost did not even go in because it is not in a very good area, but once you go in the facility itself is very nice, and a great value. At first my mother did not want to move in there, but she has adjusted very well and is doing well there now.

Very comfortable having my mom there

I felle very comfortable having my mom there. The rooms are a very nice size.

Everything is just fine at Brookdale Anaheim. It is really clean at the facility. The staff is very friendly there. I cant really speak to the care but I am sure it is great. All in all I am very happy with this facility.

Very Impressed

We have actually had quite a few special requests and they have said yes to everything. Not that they were outlandish requests, but they have made every effort to accommodate us. They have been very responsive to all requests and that is what I am most impressed with.

Dorene and I really liked the facility. It was very clean and neat. The memory care facility was well done. The rooms were spacious.
The only thing that threw us extra cost of Care. This was unanticipated.

I would like to live here!

I think this is a very friendly community. When you walk in the door you are immediately greeted. The care givers are very helpful. They have been so good with my husband even though he can be a bit uncooperative. The main thing is that I would like to live here if my circumstances called for assisted living. Another family I know has also stated how impressed they are of the Brookdale Anaheim. This is a great place!

Recommend 100%

They contact immediately if an accident. The food could use improvement in the altzheimer's care unit but all else is great

I am Happy

Some of the admin staff have not followed through with what they said they would, like they are slow at responding. The rest of the staff are excellent, there are activities and transportation available but my mom chooses not to use them. The place is very clean and bright, not dreary. Some ones we looked at were old and dumpy. The food varies from day to day, sometime good sometimes not. Aside from the obvious, it can be cheaper, I am happy

Dirty environment

Review of Emeritus at Fairwood Manor in Anaheim

A few months ago my sister and I realized that it was apparent that we could no longer take care of our 95 yr. old mother. With a deep and saddened heart I started looking for assisted living for mom. At the time she was living in Carpinteria, CA with my sister. It was decided that we would be moving her somewhere in the Anaheim area as that is where I live. Plus she has many, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great grandchildren in the near area. I was referred to Emeritus in Anaheim and went to visit the facility. I found everyone to be very friendly and answered all my questions. They have a memory care unit which would best meet our needs. My mother has dementia and suffered a stroke in Jan. 2014. We moved her in in Mid-August. The first few weeks were difficult for mom. But with the wonderful care and understanding of the staff she seems to have adjusted very well and is happy. Only thing she would and does complain about is showers. They are always too cold.
My sister and I are very pleased with Emeritus. My only issue is that some of the caretakers should be more attentive to the residents. There is room for improvement. but nothing ever is 100% perfect. I am happy with our choice and highly recommend Emeritus.

I really don’t know much about the activities at this community. Before placing someone, you should research the actual costs because care costs more than just the basic rent. Their level costs are kind of high. There are outside areas. I think they are very caring and I know that they have been good to my loved one.

My personal experience was excellent....

My personal experience was excellent. I have piece of mind that my father in law is in a clean and safe home like environment. The staff is fantastic and genuine. My husband and sister in law and father in law toured together and ultimately was my father in laws decision to live here. He is happy and I cannot say how great fun I am for that. Five stars from our family to emeritus Fairwood in anahe I m ca.

Everything is going very well! I've h...

Everything is going very well. I've had a couple meals there, and the food is good. They could probably improve on their communication between the staff and families. However, we've seen a lot of places that have a lot of linoleum and look very sterile, but this place was not like that. They have a very home-like atmosphere, and when you walk in, you just get that homey feeling! That was one of the main reasons why we chose them.

Friendly Staff

I like the friendliness of the staff. They always seem friendly when I visit and mom seems to like them a lot. My mom seems to like the food just fine! They've got lots of activities: one day excursion things, people come in to go over history, art and crafts, and games.

Nice

This was also nice but I think the reason we chose another Emeritus is location. The other one was the closest to me. This one was nice but not as convenient for me.

Fine

It was fine but it wasn't as close to the hospital as we wanted.

Not nice memory care

It didn't work out as well as we hoped it would, there was a whole bunch of little stuff and they tried pretty hard to make it work out, it's just not going to and we need to find a better fit.
We delt with specifically memory care, and it's not a nice palce at all. Very small, very icky. It's clean, it's just small and cramped. The rooms are very sparsly furnished, its icky and thats why were moving her. I would say the staff is okay but they weren't trying at all to get the residents out and doing anything.

Wii Bowling!

We chose Emeritus because of the staff. They really make the community what it is. The entire staff knows all their residents by name and they really do work great together. The staff functions as a family and they really show their passion for what they do. They just seem to really enjoy working here and working with the elderly is their calling. We looked at 10 other locations and narrowed it down to 3 then let my mother chose. The residents seem really happy and they stay active. They offer a good level of activities and really encourage the residents to participate, but they also don’t force participation and allow residents time to just sit and relax. One of the activities is actually a Wii Bowling League; they actually compete against other communities in the area. The residents really get involved and enjoy it very much. They also have a Wii Bowling Tournament for the residents here. My mom was actually thinking of moving to Arizona but after seeing the property and talking with us about it she decided to stay. She had recently been diagnosed with Dementia but she is still very active. The community actually worked with us; because of how active she still is they allowed us to put her in assisted living rather then memory care unit which would have provided her fewer opportunities to socialize. Because she is active and socializing she is actually doing better then she had previously been doing. Before moving here she was in a skilled nursing facility and while she was there the staff from Emeritus would come visit her every week to check on her and really just to say “Hi” did not have a marketing feeling to their intentions, which made the transition for her fairly easier because she already felt comfortable with them. Because she was in a skilled nursing facility she is used to be waited on really fast so it is taking her some getting use to but they just explain it to her and assist her with anything she needs. They could have helped make the transition even easier if they had a welcome package that had a checklist with things you need to do when initially moving in, just so that first timers could have a smoother transition rather then figuring it out as they go. They are a really good value because they offer more and better things for the comparable prices. We actually recommend it to any elderly we happen to talk to about it. We have a friend that is currently getting home care and have talked to her about this community and she is thinking about actually looking into it. It is located between Anaheim and Buena Park about 5 minutes from the freeway you can actually see Knott’s Berry Farm from the community. We are very pleased and would highly recommend it to anyone.

I toured this community, liked it for...

I toured this community, liked it for many reasons, and moved in.

not bad. Do not do Chatswor...

not bad. Do not do Chatsworth! Pictures are so uninviting. But the Anaheim location looks nice.

Front Desk person was not as friendly...

Front Desk person was not as friendly as I thought she could have been. But The Director was a very friendly and helpful person and so was one of the other managers.

Very helpful, nice program, but too e...

Very helpful, nice program, but too expensive for surroundings, and did seem a little but unorganized.

Met with the Director for lunch and t...

Met with the Director for lunch and tour. We liked the facility and the shared room is closer to our budget needs but I am not sure if my mom would like the arrangement.

Very nice facility. Very informative...

Very nice facility. Very informative. Went in the evening and an event was going on so was not able to observe residents.

Outstanding Staff..love the facility,...

Outstanding Staff..love the facility, Director is a huge asset to this community..as well as all the rest of the people we met today. This is probably our place!

This may be the place, prices good, f...

This may be the place, prices good, facility nice, programs very good, rooms nice size and light.

Brookdale Anaheim is located on the north side of the city in a quiet residential neighborhood. We are conveniently located near multiple shopping malls, movie theatres, restaurants and senior centers. For visiting children and the young at heart, we are conveniently close to Knott's Berry Farm and Disneyland.

We have 115 beautiful apartments with three different floor plans to choose from, each with its own private bath and kitchen. Our residents can often be found in the courtyard enjoying the sun, or in our cozy library engrossed a good book. We offer a variety of amenities and activities, including:

Pet therapy
Skip Bo club
Wii sports games
Cribbage club
Gardening

We also go on many outings throughout the month to place such as:

The Getty Villa
Pala Casino
Scenic drives
Local bowling alleys
Local beaches

Many of our caring staff members have devoted their lives to working with seniors—with many of them working at Brookdale Anaheim since we first opened our doors. Our staff is passionate about what they do and pay close attention to detail as they care for each resident individually with dignity and respect.
Pricing at Brookdale Anaheim