Fox Trail Memory Care Living at Paramus - Paramus, NJ

The facility is very small with limited parking. The staff were nice but I felt my mother would need a more active community.

I am impressed by the model Fox Trail uses in its facilities. These are smaller, homelike dwellings, accommodate a max of 16 'clients' and are set in home neighborhoods. The longevity of staff at the Cresskill and Ramsey facilities is impressive; I did not obtain the longevity figures for the staff at Paramus. Nonetheless, the residents I saw a noontime seemed content, active, involved with a physical therapist, and the staff director seems pleasant and well informed. The care is individual, the 'clients' rooms are quite small, but they don't need to be big. The distance to travel to any of the NJ facilities is a potential deal breaker for me as I live in Manhattan, and it takes a lot of time (abut 3 hrs per day) to get there and return by public transportation. In sum, I believe my wife would be content and comfortable in any of the Fox Trail facilities. i like the small, home atmosphere. 9I's ditto this review for the Ramsey location.)

I took a tour!

I toured this community along with a few more and I think they were all good. The lady that took me on the tour was very nice and professional, she had information ready for me. Every candidate looking for assisted living is different and has their own needs. I found another facility that fit my mothers needs best.

24 Hour Care and Dad Is Smiling

At the time I need to get my dad in right away. They came and evaluated him and got him in the next day. I am satisfied with the staff providing the care. The food is very good, but now he needs it blended and they do that for him. I don't have any complaints, they are very friendly and they take time with each residents. There are not many residents and the staff know my father. I can tell he is happy when I'm there with him he is smiling and dancing when he hears music. He gets 24 hour care and I have no worries, it makes a big difference

Mom Is Doing Well

My mother is doing well at this community, and I know she is safe and good hands. It is a well maintained community, everything is nice and clean. They have a fine staff here, they are caring for my mother well. There activities offered, my mother is trying a few. I'am confident about the type of care they are providing my mother with.

We wanted my father to stay at Memory Care

When we met with the personnel at Memory Care in Paramus, we couldn't believe how homey and clean it was. We were so excited that my father was going to go and be a resident there. They have home cooked meals, they do activities with the residents, they involve the family in activities also. Plus, the cost per month is substantially lower than other facilities in the area almost by half. In the end, however, my father couldn't stay there as he needed more advanced care in a more traditional secured nursing home as his dementia has become more advanced. We were very disappointed that he had to leave Memory Care. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a place for their loved one. However, if your loved one needs more care, an aid costs extra to go with them to Memory Care. Memory Care is a good place for residents that aren't considered a "security threat" and are pretty docile, which my father wasn't. It wasn't enough to cover my father's care and needs.

Memory Care Living Community Relations

× Thank you so much for your kind words. We hope your father is happy where he is. Thank you for keeping Memory Care Living in mind! As always, we are here if you need us!

Don't use this place

This company is awful. They do not know how to care for the residents. They do not have adequate staff and do not provide quality health care or activities for these elderly people. It is worse than a prison. My friend's parent was held there. They cut back on the staff so there were no nurses or medical staff. A doctor visited only once a month. No one knew what was going on. The staff was distant and did not provide any answers to basic questions. Constantly referring you to the woman in charge, Rose who would then give some BS answer to everything. They constantly "lost" the residents belongings. In my opinion their treatment of residents was neglectful at the very least. The staff at the main office who run this facility are liars. The turn over of employees speaks for itself. I heard from one of the former employees that they did not pay unemployment to people they fired for no reason. This company should be investigated by the proper authorities and put out of business. Do not put your loved one in this place!

Memory Care Living Community Relations

Anonymous - thank you for your feedback. Our staffing ratio fluctuates based on time of day and the needs of the resident. We have visiting nurses (LPNs and RNs) that work for our company that visit the homes weekly or more often as needed. In addition, our physicians work at the request of the families. We have some physicians that come monthly, others weekly and all come in the event there is a need.

One of the symptoms of Alzheimer's or dementia is forgetfulness which can lead to many instances of "lost" items that are later recovered or found. This may attribute to the lost items of your friend's parent.

Ultimately, I am sorry we have given you a negative impression of our home. I know Rose and her team are working diligently. The focus of the home is to encourage everyone in the home to maintain a happy, dignified, productive, and meaningful life. I would encourage your friend to give me a call if they feel that is not being represented in the Paramus location.

Thank you again.
Amber Williams,
COO
Memory Care Living

I would not place a dog here

My mom was a resident here. She loved to walk. One evening she fell out of bed and sustain a broken hip. An ambulance was never called for her nor did she receive any medical care for over 12 hours. When the facility called the next day they covered the fact that she fell out of bed and just informed us her leg hurt and sent her to the hospital. With a A diagnosis of a displaced hip fracture, the facility confessed she fell out of bed the day before. After surgery to repair a broken hip she went to rehab but still cant walk. This facility is holding us to a 2 month contract to go back there and now they are charging us $[removed] more per month because her level of care has just increased. we are being forced to put mom back here or pay $[removed] Would you ever put your loved one here?

Diane,

We appreciate the feedback on our Paramus location. It is very important to us that we take all precautions with our residents. In this situation, we have very different perspectives and it have been found clear of any wrong-doing on behalf of state officials on the part of Memory Care Living.

We are all very concerned anytime a resident is found on the floor of their bedroom in the middle of the night. We check them for pain and assist them back into bed in the event we see no skin discolorations, markings, blood or indication of pain. We continue to monitor and take action the moment there is a change in condition.

The contract agreement is a secondary conversation which I will be happy to have with you. I am available at the main line at your convenience - please ask to speak with Amber Williams.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Memory Care Living

I love it, absolutely love it. They should have a ten out of five.

I love it, absolutely love it. The people are incredible, they let dad go in and out as many times as he needs to. They send me pictures of him dancing and doing ordinary things. They have plenty of activities. They keep in touch with me, and answer all my questions. They were pretty comparable in price, and they don't nickle and dime you either. We really liked the fact that there are only 16 people, it's more home like and comfortable. The staff are wonderful and really try to let them be their own people. It always smells good, they cook there, and it smells so nice, they had fresh baked cake one day. The one issue is parking. They should have a ten out of five.

Memory Care Living Community Relations

Thank you for your amazing comment! We are happy you loved our Paramus community! We hope you continue to refer us!

Nice place, overall!

Overall our experience with Memory Care Living at Paramus has been a good one. It is a smaller, clean, well kept community, and the staff have been friendly and helpful for the most part. They are in a transition period with a new director, but after speaking with her I think that she will be able to make a lot of positive changes!

Memory Care Living Community Relations

Thank you for your amazing comment. Our new director is now settled and we would love for you to come tour if you haven't recently! The changes have exponentially made the home better and we hope you see that too!

This place was nice. It is a smaller place than others and I liked the intimacy of the staff with the clients but I wasn't completely convinced that this would be the place for my Grandmother. The facility is clean and the clients looked well cared for. The place is a home-like setting which is nice. It seems like this place would be a good place for some elders but I just didn't get the feeling that this is the right place for my Grandmother.

Memory Care Living Community Relations

We are happy you came and toured. Thank you for your kind words about our homes. If you ever have a question or would like to tour again, please feel free to call us at anu time!

A great place with a great staff

My mother entered the residence on a Friday. That Sunday night she fell & fractured her arm. The staff at Memory Care did everything they could to help, including taking care of the hospital admissions paperwork, which I appreciate greatly. Their staff is very capable, professional, congenial and make my mother's life as pleasant as possible. In addition, the facility itself is designed as a beautiful house, not an institution, which makes living & visiting there much more pleasant. I highly recommend them.

Memory Care Living Community Relations

Thank you Pat for your kind words. We are happy that the process went smoothly for your mother. We pride ourselves on our direction away from an institutional style. We are happy you have chosen Memory Care Living.

So far we're satisfied with them.

So far we're satisfied with them. We haven't really had any complaints or concerns. He was very subdued while he was there, he is in the hospital for now, and seems to be much more alert. I don't know if it was the medication or not, but it's something to keep in mind.

Memory Care Living Community Relations

Thank you for your feedback. Please let us know of any medication changes that we can continue in the home. Over-medication is a top concern for us and our goal is to always use the least about of medication to serve the most good. If you are concerned about medication, please request a medication audit be done by the pharmacy and the physician. This can be facilitated for you by the manager of the home. Thank you again and happy new year!

Staff is very, very kind and very hard workers

This is a wonderful place for alzheimer's and dementia patients. They always care for the residents and always watch over them. If there is an outburst they deal with it in a kind gentle manner. The workers are always smiling, they call the residents by their first names, they take them by the hand and will escort them to restrooms when needed. Very, very kind place, just wonderful!

Memory Care Living Community Relations

Thank you for your heartfelt comment. We are happy you are pleased with the care partners! They truly work very hard to make sure our residents stay active and enjoy their time with us at Memory Care Living.

They "get" the needs of dementia resi...

They "get" the needs of dementia residents and so keep the population small and fill their days w/ activities and exercise. But the Paramus home did feel a bit claustrophobic to me, with a small backyard on a very busy street. Perhaps other homes of theirs are/feel more spacious, but more importantly, they don't accept Medicaid.

Memory Care Living Community Relations

We do have a smaller size because we are a residential home. The smaller space allows more intimacy between the residents and the residents ant staff. It foster socialization rather than isolation. We hope you decide on Memory Care Living in the future!

The staff at our memory care living Paramus, NJ community is continuously trained in managing the unique needs of seniors with memory-related issues. Seniors suffering from memory loss need a tranquil environment with an atmosphere that helps them live life to the fullest. We believe no matter where an individual is on their journey, he or she has the right to enjoy meaningful experiences every day.