La Paula Manor - Bergenfield, NJ

This can't be for real! I spoke to Fernand and he made the place seem as if it was too good to be true. But, he said he had to do an assessment. OK. So we scheduled a date for him to come - a Friday. He called that day to tell me they had a great deal of snow. I really didn't see that much, but OK.. he rescheduled for 10:00AM the next day. So, I put my pooches out in the cold, mom got up early for him and we sat and waited. At 11:00 I called - he didn't even leave yet. How can I hand over Mom to a place who can't keep an appointment? No, thanks

Very pleased with this community

This is a very nice community. They do a great job of keeping it clean, it always looks great. The staff have all been very friendly, and they are very helpful and knowledgeable when it comes to locating doctors and other resources in the area. The one area I feel they could improve is their activities. A bit more variety and more frequency would be nice.

Mom is Happy

I like everything about them. The only thing is that they are limited with their physical therapy and their occupational therapy and it's a little expensive. My mother seems to be happy there. She likes the food but then again, my mom will eat almost anything. She likes the people and has made some friends.

Everyone is Family

The staff is super friendly, helpful and responsive. They talk to you on all levels and really try to help in anyway. The staff even helps you schedule appointments and is really accommodating. They really make it feel like home by running it like it is a family. I did not want to put her in a nursing home and just have her lay in a bed all day, so I am very pleased with La Paula Manor. They offer lots of fun and activities. They will play the piano and even start dancing around and just have a really fun environment. They have karaoke so the staff and residents will have fun and sing along with songs. They also have an art therapist and my mom really enjoys it. They offer really good care. It is located in a nice quiet residential neighborhood with lots of trees around. The setting is really relaxing and just beautiful. The food is really nutritious and looks really good.

I went there. ALL elderly. No smoki...

I went there. ALL elderly. No smoking allowed.

La Paula Manor is a 12 bedroom home located in a nice residential neighborhood. Alzheimer's care is our specialty and with one person per room we are able to give our full attention to each resident.