Sunrise of Paramus - Paramus, NJ

Very nice place. Keeping on my list for consideration.

A good fit!

So far, Sunrise has been a good fit for my mother. I would recommend this community because they are taking good care of her and have good activities. My mother has partaken in exercise programs, singing, and music events. She is becoming more comfortable. Everyone has different needs and I feel that Sunrise fit hers best.

They are doing a good job

This community has on site doctors. My loved one is in the memory care unit on the third floor. The staff are nice and helpful. They are good at keeping in contact with me about my loved ones care. The community is clean and they offer daily activities. You are charged for extra services. I felt comfortable here as I was introduced to the entire staff during my tour.

Not what we were looking for...

The thing I didn't like about this community was the memory care was upstairs. The place was very small, when you walked out of the room she would have been in, you would walk straight into the activity room. The eating area was very tight and the place seemed a bit claustrophobic. It was a nice place, just not what my sister needed.

Need to do a better Job!

The community is very beautiful. However, the staff was not responsive to my loved one. Everyday I had to call the staff just to make sure that my loved one was getting the care needed. The community did not offer any activities because everyone in the community looked comatose or were sleep. I would recommend this community to only people that can not do anything any longer.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Beautiful, warm, welcoming, and great staff. Barbara met with us and filled us in on the purpose of Sunrise. It's a great B&B atmosphere. Many activities and amentities. The follow the routine of the residents, not make routines for them! The rooms are nice and comfortable. No rooms available at this time, but they will follow up. Found the prices a little high, but goes in line with all they do for you there.

A blessing in my life at a difficult time

The care the the Sunrise staff provided my Mother was outstanding. In the short month she was there for hospice care, her condition rapidly deteriorated. The staff was always so kind, patient and caring to her. I recall one staff member so sweetly feeding her and coaching her eat just days before she passed. The care she recieved gave me such comfort. My father was so impressed with the facility that he decided to move there. He is very happy living there now and I am relieved to know that he is safe and being cared for now that he no longer has his wife to look out for him. The staff there is so attentive, I know my father is in very good hands.

My loved one seems to be happy.

My loved one seems to be happy. I haven't had any complaints so far. The people are friendly and helpful. So far so good.

It was nice, and they had activities.

We considered this location when we were looking for options. It was nice, and they had activities. For our loved one the outdoor areas were important, and while they had them, they were smaller, and there was nothing that really had grass.

6 on friendliness

Sunrise of Paramus would get a 6 on friendliness if I could. Because my dad has insurance and it covers it we may have a different perspective on value so for us it is really good. It's been wonderful at this facility. Margaret, Amy, and Patty have been so helpful and wonderful. Margaret really helped mom feel comfortable with the whole process. Overall it has been a very nice experience.

Sunrise of Paramus, NJ is great. The facility is beautiful. And the staff could not be more friendly or helpful! Thank you for helping make this move easier!

Nice looking place

Sunrise of Paramus seemed like a nice place overall, based on the tour we took. It was a nice looking facility, and everyone here seemed very friendly. It wasn't our favorite that we saw, but it was definitely somewhere we would have considered as an option!

Seemed nice, not the best fit for us

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. This seemed like a nice enough place overall, although the person that was available to give us a tour wasn't the most informative. At the time we toured they only had availability for studio apartments, which was not what we were looking for. We had a chance to try the food during the tour, which was good!

Nice staff and we liked the smaller sized community (~50 assisted-living members) and the at home feel of the facility. Time will tell.

highly recommend

Wonderful experience on every level. Highly recommend.

Nice place, overall

We've been very pleased with the level of care provided for our loved one at Sunrise of Paramus. The staff are all very friendly, caring, and professional. The facility itself is always clean and well kept. They're definitely worth a look if you're looking into options in the area.

uses third floor...not so h...

uses third floor...not so happy with that.

I’d like to give the friendliness of ...

I’d like to give the friendliness of the staff a six! My mother enjoys all the company at Sunrise. It’s a good place to go. It’s an excellent assisted living place. The food seems okay. For us, it is conveniently located and there is enough parking.

GREAT PLACE

Every one here is very friendly and helpful when it came to getting my mom adjusted to a new environment. I liked this place because it is a smaller community and makes it very easy for mom to get to know the people and it was close enough for me to get there to visit . I am very pleased with it

Everything looked great

Everything at this community looked great, and the staff were very friendly during our tour. The only problem we had was that the residents and the activities were more laid-back than we were wanting. We were hoping for somewhere with very active residents since my Mom is active herself. Otherwise, everything looked perfectly fine!

Did a tour of the memory care facilit...

Did a tour of the memory care facility. Too advanced staged for Mom... want something in between with a guardian alert system bracelet. Also expensive...

liked location and staff and small, c...

liked location and staff and small, cozy feel of the place

Beautiflu clean. Designated Care Mana...

Beautiflu clean. Designated Care Managers, Homehealth aid or CNA certified. 28 clients in Reminence Care unit. Doctor from Valley. Can do one month respite care. Have to put money down to save place.