Fox Trail Memory Care Living at Hillsdale West - Hillsdale, NJ

Beyond Disappointed!

Our family toured many communities and after a bad experience at a different facility, we chose the FT across the street. Within one short week our Mother was injured by another resident. After a trip to the ER, the FT sales rep suggested we go tour one of their other houses. Our Mother had to be moved to this house. We have not felt a speck of trust or peace of mind based on the unfriendly and uncaring staff not to mention the uncleanliness of the house. Promises made of activities are just that, promises! They don’t do anything but sit everyone in the cramped Living area and turn on the tv. There is zero human interaction. We’ve seen some staff members actually being rough with these poor helpless individuals. Residents are left to sit in soiled clothes. I wish we could rewind and chose a different facility. Not Fox Trail!!! We’re so sad that our Mother has to spend her final years in the care of this terrible place. Heartbreaking experience! Now we are faced with the terrible decision to possibly move her again.

Keep Looking

I was reluctant to give a rating based on possible negative treatment towards my loved one. We started out at the FT located across the street but after one short week, my Mother ended up in the ER because of another resident hitting her and knocking her down. The Sales rep advised us to go tour the other locations to see if we wanted to move our Mother since the staff was clearly negligent. The whole reason we wanted that location was that it a ranch. Now my Mother has to be on the second floor. She has limited mobility which has gotten worse since moving into this community. Many promises are made to family members to lead you to believe there is therapy, engagement and activities. However, the only thing I have witnessed them doing is putting a blasting loud t.v. on and parking the residents in front of it. The staff is beyond unfriendly which has made it totally uncomfortable for me to visit my Mother. The list goes on and if the smell is any indication, it should be noted that there is a resident that urinates freely all over the place. With limited capabilities by the staff to prevent this, we can only tolerate it or go through the overwhelming task of moving our 90 year old Mother. As if all of this isn’t bad enough, our Mother’s belongings are consistently being taken and used as community property. My advice to all who may be considering Fox Trail is to keep looking. They make a lot of promises but family members are left to be in a constant state of worry.

Excellent Community

All is well for my mother since her move to this community. Everything is working out very well, and I'am pleased with all they have done for us. Everyone one here is awesome. The staff is excellent, and very helpful. They do a great job keeping everything nice, and clean. The community looks really nice. This is the perfect community for my mother,and her needs. I would highly recommend it, it is working out well for us.

Dan Wolen

Thank you for sharing your feedback and your 4-star rating. I would like to invite you to contact me at your convenience so I can hear more about your experiences with Memory Care Living at Hillsdale II and what areas we can continue to improve to ensure you view us as a 5 star location in the future. I personally appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and keeping me informed with any future feedback you have in Hillsdale- Dan Wolen, Chief Operating Officer

Very satisfied after a rough transition!!!

My Mom moved to Hillsdale 2 in August 2015. I have been reluctant to write a review as our initial experience was not ideal. At the time of my mom's move, the house manager and Nurse had quit and the acitivities director was not at work due to an injury. Consequently, my Mom's transition to the facility was handled very poorly. I was very upset and didn't feel that when I called the administrative offices they were sensitive to my concerns about my mom's transition. After having a couple of meltdowns, they became more attentive. Things became a little better but they never directly addressed questions I had about them finding a new house manager and if they were ever going to replace the Nurse. They apparently are not going to replace the Nurse. I do wish someone from administration would of just told me that in the first place. All that being said, I am glad I didn't jump the gun and write a bad review. It took them about 3 mos. to find a new house manager. But they finally did and she is wonderful. She is very responsive to any questions or concerns I have. She randomly sends me pictures of my Mom enjoying activities. I have also grown very fond of several staff members. They treat my mom like she is their mom. The home is homey and has a warm feel to it. I adore the other residents, they are becoming like family to me as well. Whenever my mom is sad the house manager takes her accross the street to Hillsdale 1 to visit the residents. My mom thinks she is going over there to cheer them up and feels very important. She forgets all about why she is sad. To sum it up...after a very rocky start, I am happy to say that Hillsdale 2 is an environment where my mom is engaged, well cared for and thriving. That's all one can ask for their loved one! I am giving Hillsdale 2 a 4 star rating. It would be 5 stars if the commincation between families and administrative offices were a bit better...

Highly recommended

Excellent home, great staff, great food, very clean, highly recommend.

Memory Care Living Community Relations

Thank you for your nice comment. We are happy you enjoyed your tour! Please feel free to call us if you have any questions or would like to tour again! We hope you choose us in the future if you have not yet!

24 Hour Daycare

Memory Care Living at Hillsdale is not a nursing home. It is more like a 24 hour daycare center. At night time they have only two staff members working, though during the day they have five staff members. All the bedrooms are on the second floor. That did concern me In case of a fire. How would my wife and the other residents get out in time.

I did not like the parking. Not very accommodating for the weekends, it can get very busy. Another concern I have was Veronica’s medications. I now get two of her main medications through Canada, which saves us quite a bit of money. When speaking with this community and their pharmacy options. I found that they were quite expensive and would not work with our budget.

I do feel like this community takes care of their residents and seems to try and add social stimulation.

Memory Care Living Community Relations

Thank you for your informative and kind comment. We do have opening at our HIllsdale 2 home on the first floor! We have strict procedures on how to evacuate. We coordinate fire drills monthly because it is important to us that our staff and our resident's are always prepared. The parking may be limited due to our home being in a residential area. We do have a pharmacy that does provide the medications as well as uses any pharmacy cards you have. We hope you come tour again and chose memory care living!

With memory-related diseases on the rise, finding quality care can be a challenge. We provide a safe and secure memory care environment staffed with experienced care professionals at our senior memory care Hillsdale, NJ community. As you age, you lose brain cells. This loss of cells sometimes affects a senior's ability to remember. Our senior care professionals work with each resident independently to prolong their daily function for promoting an excellent quality of life.