Brookdale Paramus - Paramus, NJ

Brookdale Paramus - Paramus, NJ has yet not published prices.

Very nice facility. Staff were wonderful and knowledgable.

Lovely facility, take charge contact. Good accommodations and swift attention to care and process needed.

Not for us

This is a very nice looking community. The people we met were nice. This community did not seem very active. They have a formal dining room and we were looking for something a little more relaxed.

We toured this community and we liked the staff. We found this community to be nice, we did not like that it was so glamorous. The menu and the list of activities were very nice. We would recommend that of their families tour this community for the care of a loved one

Take a look at this community.

This community is a larger community than we were looking for. The people we met were nice and the community seemed clean. This community allows pets.

Pricey!

The Brookdale was very expensive and very commercial like. When you walk in the door, everything is there right away, the residents watching television, exercising, there was too much going on. The place was clean and very nice, but it was not what we were looking for.

[Removed] was great! Very professional and understanding. Unfortunately, I did like the " Memory Care" situation. It was not as well kept or designed as the regular asssisted part of the facility.

[Removed], we were very pleased at what we saw and heard at Brookdale. It's seems to be what my mother-in-law would be happy with.

Care for a loved one

My aunt is living here at this community. We have found that the staff are very nice. They assist in most of our needs. We like that they keep the community clean. She seems to be happy with the meals and the good variety. We would recommend this community for other families.

Great Environment!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had received of this community. It had great amenities that where offered and the place was very well maintained. The bedrooms where spacious with lots of natural light throughout the studio. I would recommend this facility to a friend or family in need of a retirement home for there loved one.

Nice place, reasonable price

Our experience with Brookdale Paramus has been a very good one, overall! It's a very nice looking place, and they do a fantastic job keeping everything clean. The staff is friendly and very pleasant, and they always offer to let me stay for a meal when I visit. They also have a good variety of activities. I also think the price is very reasonable for what they provide.

Happy so far

Kind of early to tell but so far so good.

Nice Tour, But Not The Best Looking

My tour of this community was fair. The staff was friendly and nice. They were informative and answered my questions. The community didn't look the best. It looked like someones house, it wasn't very well-kept. Everybody was kind and friendly, but this wasn't the community for my grandmother.

Nice so far....

So far so good. But it's really too soon to know. Looks clean and well appointed and most, if not all, of the residents I see look content if not happy. I've asked some residents how they liked living there and how the food was. They all gave a "good" response. So that was comforting. One lady told me "It's all what you make of it". So if you want to be anti-social and grumpy then you wont like this place or anywhere else for that matter. But if you are accepting of the fact that this is where you will be living and that you better make the most of it, then I think you will be pretty happy at Brookdale.

Signing up and moving in process

They are professional helpful and very friendly. They have gone out of there way to help. The executive director and the sales staff have been great

A Warm Welcome

Brookdale is a wonderful place. The day I brought my Dad to visit we were greeted by a gentleman who is an "ambassador", which is a person who lives at the facility. Right away my Dad felt comfortable knowing there was someone he could relate to. The staff is amazingly friendly and professional. The rooms are clean and spacious. The food is very good and they have 2 different seatings for lunch and dinner. The grounds are beautiful and the staff is very responsive to any of your needs. I would highly recommend Brookdale for anyone who is considering assisted living.

Brook was very nice and showed us the facility, which was recently rennovated...painted, new rugs, updated services, etc. They had two rooms available and right now has a great deal for May. The rooms are very neat and clean and the bathrooms brand new and spacious with walk-in tub, bars, and shower bench. Also helpful with the VA information and hospice is available when needed. Staff is visible.

Nice place, with a few issues

In general I think Brookdale Paramus is a nice place. The facility is clean and well kept, and for the most part the staff is friendly and professional. The management staff are good about follow-up, and the daytime aide staff are very good. However, we have had some issues. I think during the touring and sign-up process they could have done a much better job explaining the level of care they provide, there are a few care needs that they do not cover that have become an issue for our loved one. I've also had issues dealing with the nighttime care staff. Overall it is a nice place, and I would definitely recommend it, but be sure the level of care they provide matches what your loved one needs.

Good start

So far so good. Mom moved in last week. She is nervous and a little sad, but the facility is clean, nicely decorated and the food is good. The staff has been kind and helpful for the most part. The doctor and therapists have been thorough and effective. I highly recommend Brookdale in Paramus.

Brookdale review

The Brookdale has turned out to be a wonderful place for our Mom. The staff is friendly and accommodating, and the personal care given is top notch. We have been in 3 other facilities for various reasons, and find Brookdale to be the best. From a cost standpoint Brookdale gives the same, if not better, care for less money.

I highly recommend it to anyone looking for assisted care.

So far so good

So far, so good. She has had a tough time adjusting to the place, but that is normal and to be expected. She is hanging in there. It has only been a couple of months and we hope this is for the long haul, but only time will tell.

It was nice, and they had activities.

We considered this location when we were looking for options. It was nice, and they had activities. For our loved one the outdoor areas were important, and while they had them, they were smaller, and there was nothing that really had grass.

very caring

The staff are Brookdale Paramus are very caring. It was a really nice place. The staff really went out of their way for us. In the end our loved one got too sick and we did not place her here. It is a very sad situation but we were pleased with this facility.

blended in well

My mother is doing well at Brookdale Paramus. She has blended in well at this facility. They are taking good care of her. The staff are very friendly here. I have been really pleased with everything so far. In fact we are all going up as a family to see her for lunch on Saturday and the facility has arranged it.

Assesses and Meets Needs

Overall, I think that the staff at Emeritus at Paramus has done a really good job in incorporating my loved one into the facility there and then assessing all of his needs and then meeting all of those needs.

Wonderful place!

They do a wonderful job at Emeritus at Paramus, our experience with them has been a very good one! The staff, without exception, are caring and professional people! From the people who work the late night reception, to the maintenance people, to the chefs! And the facility itself is very nice as well! It feels open and airy, and although the facility is near capacity it does not feel crowded at all. The residents here really seem to enjoy themselves, every time I have visited I see a lot of social activities going on, and a lot of smiling faces!

My mother was miserable here

My mother was in there for a week. She was miserable and crying all the time. My niece said her ankles were swollen [removed]. We took her out of the facility and have a caregiver now. [removed]. They keep sending bills. She was only there for a week and they overcharged us. I would not recommend the Emeritus at Paramus. [removed] I did not have a good experience here.

Its great so far

So far its great , yeah there is a couple of things we have issues with but Overall everything is fine. A little miss-communication overall. What I can say is my mother like it there and its great there.

My husband and I truly loved this place. From the moment we walked in the staff was welcoming, friendly and they were very informative. The patients appeared happy and well cared for. Te facility was clean and well organized. Virginia was a wealth of information and she and Keith were warm and compassionate to our situation. This place is on the top of my list for my Grandmother.

Review of Emeritus at Paramus Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Paramus, NJ

Did not care for this facility.

Wonderful place, friendly and helpful staff!

I'm very pleased with how things have gone at Emeritus at Paramus, and can't think of a single negative thing to say about them. The entire staff, from the cleaning people through the administration, are extremely friendly, caring, and personable. You'll always get a "Good morning!" from any staff member you pass in the hall. They've got all kinds of activities for residents of all different care levels, and really go out of their way to keep everyone active and entertained. Mom also really enjoys the food here! They serve a good variety of dishes, you get soup, salad, your choice of entrees. They also have a menu of basic staples they offer all the time, if the choices for the day aren't to your liking!
Another thing they offer that I thought was very nice is the ability to do a 30 day respite stay trial period in a fully furnished room, with no commitment, just so you can be sure you like the place before signing up. It relieved a lot of Mom's anxiety about moving having that option available!

DANGEROUS NEED ADDITIONAL QUALIFIED HELP

THE STAFF [AIDS] WHO DO 95% OF THE CARING FOR RESIDENTS ALSO INCLUDING [MED AIDS] HAVE BEEN REDUCED IN QUANTITY WHICH REFLECTS POOR SERVICE AND MOST INPORTANT EMERGENSIES PROBLEM..WE RESIDENTS ARE HERE 7 DAYS A WEEK WE EXPECT 7 DAYS A WEEK SERVICE..ON WEEKENDS THE STAFF IS REDUCED FURTHER THAN THE WEEK DAYS WHAT COMPANY GOES INTO THIS BUSNESS WITH 5 DAYS A WEEK MENTALITY THIS PROBLEM IS MORE SEVERE WITH SUDDEN INCREASE IN POPULATION WITHIN THE LAST 3 WEEKS THE INCREASE IN RESIDENTS IS ABOUT 15 AND THEY ARE IN POOR HEALTH NEEDING SPECIAL CARE WHICH THEY CANNOT RECEIVE.. THE STAFF HAS NOT BEEN INCREASED ALSO NOT QUALIFIED TO PROVIDE THE HELP.... ]A FEW BELONG IN A NURSING HOME AND SOME IN MEMORY CARE..I AM GOING TO SEND THIS TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE ALSO...WE ARE HERE 7 DAYS A WEEEK NOT 5 DAYS AS A HONEST BUSINESS MAN I WOULD NOT OPERATE THIS BUSINESS WHICH EMERITUS THINKS DIFFERENTLY..THATS WHY THEY LOST THE CALIF. CASE AND THEY DIDN;T LEARN ...WHEN I CAME HERE 17 MONTHS AGO IT WAS DIFFERENT 5 OF THE TOP MANAGERS HAVE BEEN DISMISSED REPLACED BY.LESSER QUALIFIED PEOPLE THE BOOKKEEPER IS NOW THE DIRECTOR OF THIS SITE .THE MEMORY CARE NURSEIN CHARGE REPLACED BY AAST.SALES PERSON...

Lonely existence, not "golden years"

The quiet, shy, hard of hearing non complainers like my 93 year old father are basically ignored/overlooked by the staff, even thought his fees are increased because they feel he needs to be watched more closely. Sure, its easy to care for outgoing, friendly people, but its the shy, lonely ones who desperately need the attention.

My father never seems to know what activities are available. The schedule is available but when you don't even know the day of the week, you certainly won't go looking for possible activities to attend. Quiet people like my dad feel there is nothing left in their world except to eat then stare quietly out a window or watch the world pass them by.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry to hear that you and your loved one’s experience with us is not meeting your expectations. While we do offer a diverse selection of activities for our residents, participation is not mandatory, and residents may do as they please during the day. We understand that some of our residents may need a bit more help understanding what activities are available on which day, and we will be ensuring that all residents receive an up-to-date activities calendar, as well as notifications before activities begin. If you have any further concerns, we invite you to address them to our community management team.

Good experience

It has been a very good experience so far. I think they have good activities, but my loved one hasn’t done much with them yet though. The community is very a good experience, clean with a friendly staff.

An Excellent Assisted Living Home

From the moment I first visited Emeritus in Paramus, NJ, I realized that this place was special. The staff members went out of their way to be courteous, friendly, and helpful. They answered any questions that I had, and they helped make it an easy move for my dad. In fact, I received a handwritten note thanking me for visiting Emeritus. What a fine gesture! The staff also visited my dad at his nursing rehab center, and spent time with him to help ease any concerns that he might have with the upcoming move.
As soon as we arrived at Emeritus, my dad's aid really made him feel at home. She was extraordinary and helpful. The kindness and professionalism that everyone has shown my dad has put my mind at ease knowing that he will be well cared for.

Very nice looking place!

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for our loved one. I was very impressed by what I saw here! The residents all seemed very happy and active, and they had all kinds of activities and trips scheduled. It looked like it would be a wonderful place for those on the more independent side of care, but it was a bit too large and too busy for my loved one. The staff were all very friendly, and they've been helpful and diligent when it comes to follow-up.

New Home for Mom

I visited this community for my mother. I really loved the community property and they had plenty of parking. I am EMT and has been in this field for 20 – 25 years. I have seen many communities over time, so my awareness is very sharp.

I looked at both a single room and a shared room for mom. The shared room was the best choice in my opinion. My mother is very social and the size of the room is much bigger.

The amentias at Emeritus are quite amazing, I was very impressed with their care services. On the day I visited I saw a word activity in session and could see how the person hosting this mind exercise made everyone feel included.

My overall impression was this place is a wonderful place to retire. I never saw anyone left alone, the staff seemed very friendly and the residence looked happy!

We are really happy.

We are really happy. The place is clean and the staff is friendly. They are quick to respond to concerns and requests. They have so many activities, flower arranging, she made a dish. It's lovely. My mom is not someone who usually participates, but she has been here. I think she is liking the food. I would really like to give a shout out to Barbara Farrington with A Place For Mom, she was wonderful in helping us to find this place.

Good care, overall

We've used this place for both assisted living, and later memory care, Overall I think they do a good job with both care types. They're very attentive and hands on, and whenever I visit it's very reassuring to see how often they'll check in on her. One thing I'd say they could improve in both the assisted living and memory care sections would be to have activities more frequently, they seem a little lacking, currently.

Really impressed

This is a fantastic community! I was really impressed right from the start by almost everything about it. It looks great, and is very clean, the staff is wonderful, the care seems great, and they provide all sorts of activities to keep the residents busy. Also, the food is fantastic! We were very happy to find such a nice place that was also so convenient for us to get to.

Really really great

I can't speak highly enough about this place, it is just wonderful. It's beautiful, and every single staff member I've spoken to has been amazing, particularly Christine who helped me through the sign up process. They've been able to help me in any way I needed, 24 hours a day!

Enjoyed our tour

Everything at this community looked great, very clean and nice looking, and the staff were very friendly during our tour. The only problem we had was that the residents and the activities were more laid-back than we were wanting. We were hoping for somewhere with very active residents since my Mom is active herself. Otherwise, everything looked perfectly fine!

A nice looking community

Everything at this community seemed fine, no issues regarding cleanliness or staff, but nothing in particular grabbed me. We toured quite a few, and found one we liked more at a better price.

Great Staff

It is a very very nice community. It really is just a wonderful place. The people that work there are just overly friendly and overly helpful. We are very pleased with them and would recommend Emeritus to anyone. The staff really is what makes the community.

Liked the facility and...

Liked the facility and staff. Good location.

Clean, bright, good locatio...

Clean, bright, good location, best price. Loved Susan!

Very pricey. The residents seem activ...

Very pricey. The residents seem active and lively-a good match for her.

Nice. Clean. Locked door into Memory ...

Nice. Clean. Locked door into Memory Care. Large fenced in back yard. Two choice for main dishes. Toast at seven, Breakfast at 9:30. Twice a week field trips.

My husband visited it and said that i...

My husband visited it and said that it was nice

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours