CareOne at the Cupola - Paramus, NJ

Nice Place

Everything seems to be going well at this facility. It is a nice place and it’s in a convenient location for us. The staff team that cares for my love one is very knowledgeable and communicative. They do well to call me to give me any updates regarding my love one. The facility is good, the place is clean, and the food is also good. The rooms here are also nice, my love one has a view from the first floor, and it’s much brighter and comfortable for her. They also have a pretty garden set up in the back. Overall it’s a fine facility.

Clean, safe facility. [Removed] were very helpful and professional. The layout and structure is too institutional for us. Too many of the bathrooms and kitchens hadn't been upgraded and looked very outdated. Our loved one could assess at the independent level, and doesn't use an assistive walking device, and the vast majority of residents I saw, smiled at, and spoke with, needed walkers, had aides, were at the assisted living level, not the independent level. If my loved one were further declining, I'd consider it, but at this point, it's not for us. Toured 12/2017.

My thoughts

I was not impressed with this community. The person that took us on tour was nice. This community reminded me of being in a hospital.

The Location Is Perfect

We are really happy with this community. The location is perfect for my aunt's friends to visit her. The property is beautiful very clean and smells great. The staff is nice and friendly. They are great with contacting us when they have any concerns or issues they are very caring. She hasn't mentioned anything about the food so I am assuming since everything else is good that the food isn't an issue. They have activities that my aunt participates in.

Expensive

So far it has been a decent experience for us at this community. i would say they have great activities available for the residents. Overall it is a expensive community, but she is doing okay.

Nice people!

I toured CareOne at the Cupola along with a few more and I think they were all good. The lady that took me on the tour was very nice and professional, she had information ready for me. Every candidate looking for assisted living is different and has their own needs. I found another facility that fit my mother's needs best.

Could use some improvements!!

I thought this place could use some improvements that I noticed during my tour. There was an odd smell throughout the entire place that just did not sit right with me as well as much needed updates in the property. The patients also did not look very lively, they all seemed very lethargic and depressed. It was just not the right place for my mother.

My father's care

We are very happy with the care for my father. The staff was nice and very caring. He was happy with the meals. He did participate in some of the activities that he did enjoy. we would recommend this community for other families for care and good value.

To clinical for us!

The community was not what I was looking for. The feel was like you were in a nursing home or very clinical place. The staff might be good, but I did not like the community enough to send my dad there.

No worries!

Like many families, we needed help to find care for a parent in a very short time frame. It is an unsettling endeavor and you don't know if a facility will be a good fit. But we were so lucky to find The Cupola! My parent is well cared for on every level. He is treated with respect and the staff are very playful and engaging. We never worry about him because we know he is being looked after like he is family! I would highly recommend this facility and its staff.

Things went well at CareOne!!!

The staff made my mother in law feel comfortable when she had her respite stay at CareOne. They were warm and friendly. The food was good and there was a good variety to choose from. The community was clean and well maintained. We would use this community again.

Very big facility. Studio nice size. Hospice available when needed. Felt a little cold after visiting other B&B type homes. Prices are high. Christina was a great guide and very informative and would answer any questions I had.

Respite care

Mom had a short stay at the Cupola .She enjoyed all aspects of this health care setting. Staff was more than accommodating to help mom acclimate to this new environment. Mom describes the Cupola as a hotel that meets her medical needs.

Respite care

Our family and mom are very happy with the Cupola. Mom talks of the caring staff, food menu ,& housekeeping .
She is quite comfortable here.

They have not done anything bad. They are doing what I believe they are suppose to be doing. I have not had any issues and they have answered all my questions and all my concerns.

Very nice place

I think they do a great job overall at CareOne. The staff are friendly and professional, and they keep me up to date on the status of my loved one. I also appreciate that they are accommodating when it comes to any suggestions I have. They seem to have a good rapport with my loved one, as well. I'm very satisfied with the service.

Doing a great job here!

They're doing a great job, my loved one is really enjoying it here! It's a nice looking, clean, well kept community, and the staff have all been very friendly so far. They do an amazing job with the activities, there is always something going on for her to do, and she is loving it here! I would highly recommend them!

Not impressed

We have some experience with the community but were not overly impressed with it. It looks fine, and the care seemed alright, but we found another location that really blew us away, so we went with that one.

Good, but not for us

Everything at this community seemed fine, no issues regarding cleanliness or staff, but nothing in particular grabbed me. We toured quite a few, and found one we liked more at a better price.

VISIT; dementia coaches, psych. sees ...

VISIT; dementia coaches, psych. sees immediately & up to 2x/wk