Meadowmere & Mitchell Manor Oak Creek - Oak Creek, WI

Nice place

Our experience with Meadowmere Oak Creek has been a very positive one, so far. It's a clean, well kept facility, and the people here have been very friendly and professional.

Excellent

This is a very nice place. The staff is pleasant and the interact well with the residents. The facility is always spotless. The residents are personable and they seem happy and well taken care of. The activities are great too and seem fun. The food is great and there a several choices on the menu if you don't like what they serve. Excellent.

My mothers health has improved..

Well I noticed that because of the staff my mothers health has improved. She's walking more and taking advantage of the exercise class. The dining room staff and the food is outstanding. The inside of the facility is very clean and nice. Everyone is very friendly and nice. The staff has been helpful and accommodating. They do a great job at taking care of my mother. This is a really nice community. It's great.

Seemed like a nice place!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. After touring a few in the area I had it narrowed down to this place and two others, and it was hard to choose between them!

An overview of Meadowmere

The staff was really friendly and really took good care of the patients. Meals were always served on time and we're really good. If my Mom didn't like something she could have a hamburger or choose several other items. Special protein shakes could be ordered. The facility was very clean. My mom was always clean and had a blanket if needed and everything was orderly. I was there every day and things were always very structured. Pt and Ot were careing and did a good job with the patients. There were lots of activities and entertainment for the patients and Bingo of course. The staff was very helpful with everything and I was happy with the care my Mom received there. The staff kept an eye on the patients and made sure their needs were met by suggesting different meds or therapy and have an open door policy to help you make the decisions you need to make.

We're very happy with Meadowmere Oak ...

We're very happy with Meadowmere Oak Creek Senior Living. The staff is very nice and accommodating.. The transition was very easy, and they worked well with the family. My loved one is very happy, a d adjusting well.

RUDE!!

I came in and I was treated sooo extremely rudely as I visited a my relatives that lived there, wow and oh my god the managers were rude to me especially the dietary manager wow she was so mean I felt unwanted there, now I see why families are pulling out there grandparents out of there, I'm helping getting my family out to find a better place, don't get me wrong the employees are great but the managers are awfull to the elderly and to there own staff, if I had to say anything good about the place it is very clean.

Our Second Choice

I don't have a lot of experience because I just went for a tour but it was right up there in the running. It was clean and the staff was very friendly. The residents seemed, if not happy, at least contented. No one was distraught or anything like that. It was our number two.

This is the 1st place we toured and w...

This is the 1st place we toured and we were pleasantly surprised. One of our concerns however was that they were more like apartments and we're concerned that my mother-in-law will stay in her room 24/7 because of the closed door situation. I would be more comfortable with an open door policy so residents can be peeked in on just by walking by and feel that she will be more apt to socialize with an open door and also be less apt to socialize with a closed door. That said, the room itself and the overall environment was very nice.

I really liked The Director, And the ...

I really liked The Director, And the staff and residents seemed to interact well together. Saw lots of residents out and about in the facility and they seemed happy if not just content to be there. Extra$$: -Personal hygiene and grooming -Showering or bathing -Dressing and clothing selection -Socialization and activities -Medication coordination -Mobility and transferring -Continence management -Monitoring of safety -Assistance with eating CBRF unit not so good. Looked very depressing. Residents all parked in front of TV. Only one great room with dining area off to one side.

We are conveniently located near Oak Creek High School and in close proximity to fine restaurants and shopping. Whether you are living at Meadowmere, Mitchell Manor or ManorPointe, we understand the uniqueness of each resident and promote continued independence through individualized service plans addressing the physical, spiritual, intellectual, emotional, and social needs of our residents. At Mitchell Manor, we have a home-like atmosphere with only 20 apartments. At ManorPointe, we are committed to providing senior adults a lifestyle that enhances their independence, dignity and security. Our dedicated staff and array of amenities set the standard for senior living in Wisconsin.