St John's Manor - South Milwaukee, WI

Tidy with caring people

I toured here for my dad, but they had no beds available. It’s an old building, but well taken care of. The people that live here look happy.

Nice place

A real nice caring place!

Involved Owner

I really enjoyed living here. I had to move because my daughter relocated to another state and I cane with. The owner is so loving, caring and compassionate to us. I trusted her more then anything. She’s also the Administrator and the RN. She makes the place feel like home. Her door is always open to talk. The staff is wonderful also! I really miss living there. God bless.

My brother really likes living here. Staff is great! Food is good also.

Great staff

My uncle is here and to be honest he’s very hard to deal with. Staff is very patient and kind to him and he seems to be adjusting well and trusting the staff. This is a good feeling that he is in good hands.

Outings and owner involvement

Excellent care. Activities and outings are out of this world. My dad just went on the Edelweiss cruise and then out to the Olive Garden. The owners also went with. The owners are very involved with the residents. It’s not run like a business. They treat those residents like family. Can’t say enough about so many positive things that go on there.

Excellent Activities

Happy to find a place like this for my brother. A lot of outings planned for the residents.

Exceptional

The place is looking so nice and matches the care they provide. The owner being there on a daily basis really makes a difference. My aunt loves it here.

Excellent

My Uncle loves living here! The staff is Wonderful!

High standards of care.

The owners are really updating the homes. I work in family care so I know it’s hard for providers to update because of low reimbursement from the county. The Administrator is very personable and knows her residents. It’s nice to see that in a community. I see many facilities each day that are beautiful on the outside but provide poor care. St Johns and St Mary’s really go above and beyond for their residents. I highly recommend these two homes.

Caring

Very caring people care for the residents

Feel like family

I brought my brother in for a tour. The Administrator was very knowledgeable about Dementia and how to deal with behavior problems if or when they occur. The residents seem happy. They were playing family feud when I toured. It was quite the competition and a lot of laughs were heard.

Smooth transition

A well ran group home

Tour

I toured St John’s and it was very nice. The residents were dressed nice and looked happy. They go on a lot of outings. One of the residents was happy to announce they’re going to the humane society next week. It seems like it’s ran very well.

Weekend tour

I toured St John’s this weekend for my Uncle. I wanted to go on a weekend to see how staff were without management around. I was very impressed! The place was clean and smelled really good. An aide showed me the available room and she was very knowledgeable about the place. The residents looked really happy too.

Caring staff

Staff is very caring. My mom really likes living there.

Owner involvement makes the difference

The owner is very involved with the residents. She’s always available when needed. It makes a big difference when an owner is there on a daily basis. Shes also very easy to talk to with quick follow up. My Dad really likes living there.

Flat monthly rate, no extra costs

This is a real nice home. The staff are very knowledgeable about the services. The nice thing is that it's a flat monthly rate. There are no extra costs for additional services such as; administering meds, providing incontinent care etc. My mom is currently at a place with all these extra costs for extra assistance and it really adds up. Who can afford this!! I would have moved her to St John's Manor, but the room she wanted was taken. I'll keep looking.

Picture perfect

The staff and [Removed] the Administrator are very friendly. The rooms are a bit small, being an old convent, but the care out weighs the room sizes. The residents don't spend much time in their rooms anyway. The Activity director always has something going on. The residents are treated with dignity and respect. My mom and the other residents are very happy. If my mom didn't like it there I would move her. I wish the owner [Removed] would open an assisted living closer to me so my mom could live nearby, but I wouldn't put my mom in the care of anyone else. I've toured many other assisted livings that are "pretty", but the care they provide is not. Thanks to St John's Manor staff for all you do!!

Friendly environment

I took a tour of St John's Manor. The Administrator was very informative and an excellent resource. The staff was warm and friendly when I walked in the building.

They Did Not Feel Like A Match

When I stopped by for my tour, I thought it was like an old convent. They had one room available that was the size of the bathroom. It was the only one with an attached bathroom and it was by the stairs. The rest of the residents have a community bathroom to share. I knew it wasn't going to work for our needs.

Respite

I took my Dad here for Respite about a month ago. The staff is excellent. My Dad was very happy for the 2 weeks he stayed there. He said the food was good, which he is hard to please. I highly recommend this facility for short and long term stay

Outstanding service

A group home that offers a great deal of services. It's great that they have a full time activity director. Most group homes have direct staff do activities. Place was clean and smelled good.

Superb

Great place!! Well ran facility.

Friendly people.

I took a Tour of St John's Manor. Staff was very friendly. The Administrator gave me the tour. She's definitely the perfect person to run a place like this. The place was clean, smelled good and the people that lived there looked happy. Now I just have to convince my mother to move in. I would definitely recommend this place.

Nice, caring staff!

Very nice staff! The residents are well taken care of. It always smells good when you walk in the door. The Administrator is very down to earth and helpful. She's very easy to talk to and always available.

Safe place with excellent care

[Removed] the Administrator is very personable and resolves issues and concerns immediately. I always feel that my uncle is in
A safe place. Caregivers are wonderful! I would highly recommend this home

Great

Great staff and great people. The community is very clean.

Great

Great place! Great Staff!

Happy Place

Great place! Staff is excellent! Administrator is very involved in my Aunts care. Everything is always taken care of in a timely manner.

Moving in

Just took a tour today and we're moving my dad next week. Such great management and staff!!

Great, caring staff

St John's is an excellent care facility! I would recommend no other place.

New owners making it look so nice

I took a tour of St John's and [Removed] Manor for my husband. The Administrator was very nice and gave a wonderful tour. She is also a nurse. I took a tour there in the past and it was dark and not homey looking. The new owners are making it look so nice. I decided to go with another facility for my husband because it was closer for me, but I would definitely recommend these facilities.

Treat you like family

The Caregivers are great at St John's Manor. My brother has lived here for 3 years. I'm always greeted with a smile and they treat me like family. My brother is very happy here. I would recommend this place to others.

Knowledgeable staff

I took a tour of St Mary's Manor. The staff was very friendly. The Administrator gave me the tour and she was very knowledgeable about the elderly population. They do a lot of activities and outings, which my mom needs.
I would recommend this facility.

Happy Home

My mom lives at St. Mary's Manor which is the sister facility of St John's Manor. She loves the entertainment and age appropriate activities. The staff is very caring and enjoy working there. I'm always greeted with a smile.

Wonderful place

St. John's Manor is a very nice facility. My Aunt lives there now and she is very happy there. Kristin is very knowledgeable and is on top of her game. Several staff have been there for years. The building is very clean and provides wonderful care.