Sylvan Crossings at Creekside Estates - Cudahy, WI

[Name removed] was very warm and understanding, she would be a fantastic care giver, but the facility itself fell way short. We got a overwhelming "Nursing Home" feel. Rooms were super small, no room for anything but a bed and a chair. Mom and Dad could not stay together in the same room (deal breaker!!!) and therefore cost was high, paying for 2 rooms. Facility smelled like disinfectant and the hallways were narrow and cluttered with dirty linen and housekeeping carts. What they referred to as a "homey" feel, felt more unrefined. Transport services were very limited, only for group outings.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and it had a nice and cheery dining area. But all I could smell was disinfectant. The rooms seemed fine. It seemed to be clean. I think the ratio of caregivers to residents weren't right. They also had a buzzer at the door that was constantly going off. It had a nice view of the lake it just wasn't the right fit for dad it wasn't really geared to memory care although they were trying they had a traveling memory care person come in.

This facility was ok. Not a top pick. A little more expensive and not as nice as some of the other facilities. Staff was informative though.

Just looking

I toured Sylvan Crossing at Creekside Estates. It was a nice and clean community. It was a smaller community. There was only one room available and we weren't quite ready to move our loved one in.

Sylvan C?rossings felt warm and inviting to me and my mom!

I recently toured Sylvan Crossings at Creekside Estates with my mother and over all we loved it! The director was very helpful and was willing to give help and advice that we could use while touring other communities. From the moment we entered the building it had a warm welcoming home like touch. The cook was making homemade cookies. I was able to speak to a couple different family members and they had nothing but positive things to say regarding the care of their family member. We were told that the Director and care team was the best. This will be moms new home. I was told if you want them cared for by a loving team, Sylvan Crossings is the place!

This place was dark and dingy. The rooms were very tiny and dirty. There was a bad odor that permeated through the building. I would not recommend to anyone.

When We Visit My Dad

It looks like a good fit for my dad. He does not have any issue with the community or care. The staff's care is good and I am getting updates but we are there to see him too and I do not see issues. It is a clean community.

Pretty expensive per month especially considering the condition of the facility and the actual resident room. Unkempt grounds. Everything felt outdated and not very cheerful. Residents seemed "on their own" and saw no staff engaging or interacting with the residents.

I Found The One

My mom is happy at this community. Since becoming a resident she is awake more and not sleeping as much. They got her participating in activities and she is eating and likes all the meals. I like that they wake them up and get them dressed and ready for the day. It's a good place.

Some Concerns with This Community

My mother is being provided with good therapy at this community. They are doing a pretty good taking care of her, and her needs. Her concerns have been that there aren't really any organized activities. They offer minimal activities overall. The breakfast meals are great, but there are room for improvement with the other meals. This wouldn't be the first community I would recommend, but I would tell someone to consider it.

smaller not often better

dreary place. The cook dumps your bathroom trash. staff seems friendly enough, and therapy is very good.

All 5's

It is going very well and we are happy with Sylvan Crossing at Creekside Estates. The staff are very good and the community is very clean. There are activities but my father-in-law does not participate, He likes the food and I would recommend them because of the smooth transition, extra attention in the beginning and settle in nicely.

Home

This is my home. I live here. I can have bad days and be at home. I can good days and be at home. I can go to the hospital and be fought for to be at home. Thanks to my home!

I would like to see more outings, get...

I would like to see more outings, getting them out with a change of scenery. There are communication issues between their doctors and the community. The people are super nice, and seem to be good to her. I have no complaints.

This Seemed Nice

This place is near the hospital in Cudahy. It's a nice place but probably about 12 miles away from where my brother lives and from where my mother used to live. That was a little farther that we were comfortable with. It's a little bit older but it seemed nice.

Tremendous Staff!

It's a wonderful facility and they seem to treat the people very well there. My mother has participated in some of the activities. She's played bingo, which she doesn't like, but at least it gets her out of her room. It is expensive - not very many people can afford that price.

The staff there are tremendous. All the girls and the one guy are very, very wonderful and they seem to really care for the people.

Visited this facility. A s...

Visited this facility. A smaller facility which should have the capability to deal with my father's issues. Can lift him. They accept Family, just a matter of being able to pay 24 months (which he can do) and to be approved as always will be the case. A family friend has her father hear and he seems very content. There is immediate availability, but only one room which could be gone soon.

We see in each individual their grand potential to live a life of self-respect and integrity. We also strive to lessen your worry as we provide compassionate skilled care that brings a spirit of independence into the life of your loved one.

Our priority is to provide the highest level of care & quality of life to our residents at Sylvan Crossings. To accomplish this, we offer safety, services and amenities that allow your loved one to be physically, mentally and spiritually involved in activities and relationships.

Sylvan Crossings has private spacious rooms that can be decorated according to personal taste, along with a private bath, walk-in shower, individual climate control, and a double closet. We have 24 hour staff, a personal response pendant paging system, and a variety of life-enhancing amenities.