Franciscan Villa - South Milwaukee, WI

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and it was OK. This looked like an older building. The rooms were nice and it seemed clean. It just felt really crowded and not enough common areas. When we looked at the dining room it was depressing. The staff was nice and answered all of my questions. I recommend families tour before making a choice.

If you're considering this place to take care of your loved one, keep looking!

Both my parents were in rehab a few years back. I was NOT impressed with the nurse or aides at the facility. The PT and OT was inconsistent and the staff was rude and non-responsive to their needs. I thought it was bad then, however, my Father fell in the Assisted Living facility in the back of the Villa and broke his hip and ended up going back there. The staff was even worse the second time around. They were rude, took over an hour to respond to call lights and they didn't care if the residents ate or not!! He fell a few times due to their lack of caring and supervision. The one caring aide had to quit because they wouldn't give her more hours. They were ALWAYS understaffed!! A stroke of luck happened today, we were able to secure a spot in another facility, one that actually gave us hope of our Father being able to stand and possibly transfer without a hoyer lift. Franciscan Villa is the LAST place I would put anyone I loved!!

Looked to institutional. My mother w...

Looked to institutional. My mother would be more comfortable in something more homey. Did seem like a nice place. It was a personal preference.

Franciscan Villa is a not-for-profit health organization that provides a continuum of care through:

Spiritual services. We are committed to honoring the different faith traditions and diverse spiritualities of all our residents, and we offer weekly Mass in our chapel and monthly Protestant services. We also have a full-time chaplain on staff to meet the spiritual needs of our residents.
A wide variety of activities. We offer a wide variety of activities in our skilled nursing center and assisted living complexes, including bingo, gardening, baking and musical activities. We also offer intergenerational programming.
Rehabilitative services. We provide to our residents and members of the community rehabilitative services to help them return to activities of daily life with minimum discomfort. Whether the goals are improving strength, mobility or speech, skilled physical and occupational therapists as well as speech pathologists are available to form evaluations and provide treatment.