Country View - Oak Creek, WI

Location is good, staff very friendly and professional. Challenge is not exclusively memory care thus secure but with an ankle monitor. Also limited private rooms/baths.

Jamie Hagen

Thank you for your review.

Overall a nice experience

This facility really helped my Mother get in here and even though they couldn’t get her a room with a window, they are willing to let her move to one when it’s available. For the activities, they offer things like bingo, field trips, and games. My mom likes the food and I think it looks good and nutritious. However, the overall building looks like it’s a previous school and it isn’t set up like a retirement home. I would recommend this facility to other families.

Jamie Hagen

Thank you for your review. Yes, the building was once a school.

Perfect for my loved one!

I have been searching for an assisted living home for my mother for a couple weeks now, and I have to say that it is sometimes hard to schedule tours around everyone else's schedules. I love that when I drove by Country View they had a sign out that allows walk-in tours. By walking into the facility unexpectedly, the staff was so nice and welcoming. It only took about 2 minutes until someone was available to show me around. I liked the fact that they had different room sizes and layouts. They also had a whirl pool tub with jets, which my mother would absolutely love! I really appreciate all of the information the ladies gave me, it was very helpful. I am excited to move my loved one in.

[Removed]

Jamie Hagen

Thank you for your review.

Worst place I've seen

This place is horrible. I wouldn't take my worst enemy here. Depressing to see all those residents who deserve better care.

Jamie Hagen

Hello Sandy, sorry you had a poor experience and we appreciate your feedback. We have purchased this community since you visited last. Platinum Communities owns and manages several assisted living communities in Southeastern Wisconsin. We are family owned, and take pride in our mission of serving with care and compassion. I would encourage you to stop and visit again to see how we improved our team, our home and culture.

Not a good place

This facility is terrible. The staff are very unfriendly and have no knowledge in healthcare. There is very limited activities. It seems the only activity residents do is smoke outside. It has a terrible odor when you walk in the building and feels very institutionalized. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Jamie Hagen

Hello Joan, I am sorry you had this experience and appreciate your feedback. We have purchased this community since you visited last. Platinum Communities owns and operates several assisted living communities in Southeastern Wisconsin. We are family owned and take great pride in our mission of care and compassion. I would encourage you to visit our community again and see first hand our team, culture and changes.

Horrible

This place is horrible I walked in management wasn't dress properly had on flip flops was trying to get a resident up off the floor without a gait belt. She was sliding all over the place. The manager was very unprofessional she doesn't care about the residents need. They had an very high turn over rate with employees. They always short of workers. Management walk pass when residents ask them questions I had to get my mother out of there soon as possible I wouldn't recommend this place to a homeless person.

Jamie Hagen

Hello Patrick, I am sorry you had this experience and appreciate your feedback. We have purchased this community since you visited last. Platinum Communities owns and operates several assisted living communities in Southeastern Wisconsin. A family owned company, we take great pride in our mission of caring with compassion. I would encourage you to visit us again and take note of our changes in team, culture and management.

A nice place in the country outside of town

My relative, dementia, has lived at country view for 2 years for assisted living needs; medication, food service, bathing, laundry. While she was able to communicate and self ambulate she was getting along great. They have a good amount of staff and are friendly overall. For a person who self manages and can identify their needs to staff and benefits by not being alone, the stimulation has been great. However, she had a fall and GI issues and the individualized bed side care needed has not stepped up. The visiting physician program is hard to get a hold of and we will be moving as necessary.

Jamie Hagen

I am sorry to read of your experience and appreciate your feedback. Since purchasing the building, Platinum Communities continues improving services, culture, cares, the team and management at Country View. A family owned company, we take great pride in our mission and homes. I would encourage you to visit again and see first hand our commitment.

Nice place

Overall my experience with Country View has been a good one. The staff have all been very friendly, caring and professional. They are attentive to the needs of the residents, and their communication with the families is good as well. My loved one also seems to enjoy the food!

Jamie Hagen

Thank you for your review and feedback.

This facility did not offer...

This facility did not offer Independent Living units, and therefore would not be suitable for my mother, who is still able to cook and take care of her personal needs, etc. Eventually my dad will need more care, due to his dementia. I understood, from our conversation, that there would be studio accommodations, but this facility only had rooms, with community bathrooms.

Jamie Hagen

Thank you for your review. Sorry we did not work in your application for you mother.

I Cried When I Left

It was really, really sad. I actually cried when we got out of there. We had made and appointment to go take a tour and when we were on the tour there were some things that made me uncomfortable. An elderly woman was trying to reach down and get something that she dropped and the girl giving us the tour just walked right by. Later there was a woman hollering "help me" and I told her girl we understand if she needs to go do something and she just said "Oh, she'll be fine!" It made me uncomfortable that our tour was more important than a resident.

Personally, I think it sucked and the people living there were there because the didn't have a choice. It wasn't clean. I wouldn't put my pet snake in there!

Jamie Hagen

Thank you for your review and feedback. I am sorry you had this experience. We have purchased the building since you had this experience. Platinum Communities owns and operates several assisted living communities in Southeastern Wisconsin. A family owned company, we take great pride in providing exceptional care with compassion. I would encourage you to visit again and see first-hand the changes we continue making at Country View. We are transforming care, team and culture.

WOW! This place was TERRIBLE! I don't...

WOW! This place was TERRIBLE! I don't mean to sound overly harsh, but honestly i had tears in my eyes when I got back to my car for those unfortunate people who reside there. Broke my heart! I would rate this place a negative 10. : (

Jamie Hagen

I am sorry to hear of your experience and feedback. Since purchasing the building, Platinum Communities has transformed the culture, team and community at Country View. I would encourage you to revisit us and see first-hand the changes. A family owned company, we own and operate several assisted living communities in Southeastern Wisconsin. We take great pride in our mission to provide exceptional care and compassion.

Newer Building, rooms nice size. Dinn...

Newer Building, rooms nice size. Dinning Room, Family visiting area, Smoking outside by request, Small Staff. Elevators. Assisted Living only. Bird OK, LPN & RN on Call,3 meals daily, Phone/Cable, Personal Items,Transportation to Appointments, They except Family care for Assisted living.

Jamie Hagen

Thank you for your review and feedback.

Country View - an assisted living home, for seniors, a home one would be proud to call their own. We can give assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, medication monitoring and dressing in a home like atmosphere with plenty of tender loving care and we will respect your independence. We have a 24 hour awake staff that will take care of the things that you cannot or do not want to do. We can arrange for nursing or physical therapy if necessary in the facility! Residents are free to come and go as they please. Care, comfort, companionship, security and peace of mind at a reasonable cost. Do you still like to bake? We encourage you to remain active by doing what you like to do, bake, assist with meal preparation, work in the garden, or sit and watch. Our professional staff provides personal care tailored to your needs. All care is given with dignity and respect.