Meadow Lakes - North Richland Hills, TX

This place was great! Full kitchen in apartment. Luby Cafeteria style meals in dining room. Large outdoor patio. Space to do gardening. Very friendly staff. Several residents told us how they loved it there. It seems to be a very friendly, happy place to be. Nice bright rooms. Wide hallways. Library, game rooms, small store, private dining room, media room, activities room. [Name removed] spent a lot of time with us explaining things.

Very pleased

Everything is going very well here for my love one and I am very pleased with the property. I have had a really good staff interaction with them, they are very friendly and they reach out to us if anything were to happen and give us updates. My first impression of the facility is that it is very clean, the friendliness of the staff and their outstanding service in general, and how well the rooms are kept.

Dark and outdated

I toured this community and it just wasn't for dad for one it was really expensive and not in dads budget. But it was really outdated and dark inside and that's not inviting. The director answered all of my questions we just had to choose another community.

All were friendly, but everything looked old and worn. They are updating a few rooms at a time. Once done, it might make a better impression.

Location Makes A Difference

This community was a good choice. The location is perfect very close to our house. The community has recently been renovated in the past 2 years so things are new and modern. The staff and the residents are always friendly and welcoming. The food is good no complaints so far. The climate control is controlled by mom so she can have it as hot or cold as she wants in her room. There are many activities and events going on to keep residents busy and having a good time.

Small home type setting. Really warm staff. Very clean and even though this is an assisted facility they have many activities for the residents.

Mom is Happy!

My mom is very happy at Meadow Lakes. It is a beautiful and clean community. The interior is spacious and inviting. The directors [Removed] were absolutely wonderful in making us feel at home and that we had made a good choice. The staff is very caring and attentive to my mom's needs. I have dined at the community with my mom and the food is good. They are in the process of remodeling the kitchen so it can only get better. I would definitely recommend Meadow Lakes to others.

A tour for care

We toured this community for care. We liked the staff who were friendly and answered the questions we had on the care that is offered. The community was nice and they offer a good variety of healthy meals. Activities are available to the residents. We would recommend families to tour this community for the care of a loved one.

I would recommend this community

Most of the staff are awesome. The marketing director is great and we love her. She has been very helpful with little issues that have come up. The maintenance man is funny and helpful. They have gone above and beyond to help accommodate mom's needs. The food is currently ok they are remodeling the kitchen so the food should be improving shortly. The community is lovely and mom has a nice scenic view from her window. There is a golf course down the road the residents can walk to.

[Removed] was fantastic at listening to the needs of our parents and making suggestions for their comfortable transition to Meadow Lakes.
We appreciated her help, but ultimately found a community closer to our home which will make it easier for us to assist our parents.

Mom Likes It

My mother is doing well here at this community. I do feel she is safe, and in good hands. We are pleased with all they have done for us. It is a lovely community, and everything has worked out very well for us at this facility.

Loving, Christian environment

Grandpa moved in over a month ago. They can't promise a lot of extra care, as there is no on staff medical care, but they really love on the residents. Grandpa gets confused and upset sometimes, and they really love on him. The food is good. Somethings are amazing! Catfish from scratch seems to be a specialty. There's a lot going on. I wish Grandpa would do more, but he's starting to get more involved. I love his big apartment. He gets so much more for his money than other places I looked at. It is well kept up, clean and modern.

Nice place with minor complaints

The apartments are nice. They are kept up, big and clean. The food has been good when I've joined Mom. Mom says not all meals are as great, but I assume it would be hard to amaze everyone at every meal. Her doctor loves that the meals are pretty healthy and she says that isn't the case at all facilities. The employees are sweet, especially the front desk ladies. The lady in charge of meals is super sweet, but I've heard a server be very rude to residents and even me on a different occasion. I did not do anything that required snippy rudeness. We just politely ask questions as we were new. Mom says there's another server that's rude to her. Maybe it's a hard job, but please try to be kind in this line of work. Mom hasn't participated in any activities. She doesn't see well and feels like she couldn't do it. I wish she were encouraged a bit more. She gets lonely, but that's to be expected as she just lost Dad. This is Christian community with multiple church services. I love that!

Sweet Employees

The resident I was looking after was doing good at her community. She needed a more higher level of care so we had to move her. While she was there, the staff were great and helpful. They were really, really sweet people.

Our Tour Was Great!!

The tour guide was very knowledgeable. She was able to answer our questions as well as provide any information that we needed to know. The staff that i met was nice and the community was clean. My mother in law will be moving soon to the community during our tour we were able to choose this one. The community has many amenities and it offers activities for the residents.

Caring staff members, food is fair.

They have a new director and some new employees and things have improved since then. The food is fair. I have found that portions are small and some times not that tasty. Many times the desserts are leftovers and dry. There is not a meal plan that allows residents to opt out of breakfast or other meals. My mother does not want to go down early for breakfast but pays for it anyway. They are very helpful to the residents in that they carry trays and help seat those who need assistance.

Game activities are plentiful. I would like to see more crafts (making wreaths, holiday decorations, etc.)

Staff members are caring and helpful. They are very good at loving on the residents.

I love it here.

I love it here. I have a studio apartment, and it's just perfect for me. The people are very nice. It's a very nice building, they keep it really nice. The services they offer are just super.

Review of Meadow Lakes - North Richland Hills, TX

Rebecca was not there as expected. Was told that she received an email stated that I cancelled not accurate. Funny odor in hallways throughout your. Stained and worn spots on carpet in places. Less connecting between staff and residents than other facilities.

I would recommend.

I would recommend it. The staff was fine it seemed. It would depend on what someone is looking for in a community of if this place would be a good fit or not.

Looking for my Parents

I searched many places for my parents looking for one they could afford. This is an older property which has low ceilings, no washer dryer hook up in the apt, and a refrigerator with no ice maker. Even though as apt become available they are remodeling them to do some updating in the kitchen and bathroom, and remove the popcorn ceiling, this would increase the price of the apartment, which at that point would take it completely out of my parents budget. I found the staff to be amazing, so very friendly and eager to work with you. The residents make my parents feel right at home. The reason for not giving a 5 star is the food isn't all that good, my parents don't have teethe and not a lot of options for them. They seem to do a lot of their own cooking. The closets are small, which made it hard for a couple to share the apartment. Overall I do feel blessed to have found this place.

Community Fee Unfairness

Everything was great. Rebekah was an outstanding salesperson. The $1500 community fee is very steep and we weren't able to keep my mom there because she needed more care, had to go back to hospital within her first month and ended up back at rehab. The community fee could be collected up front but should be based on a 12 month stay and if circumstances were beyond our control, the community fee should be refunded based on months stay. We wish that she could have stayed but coming out of rehab to Meadow Lakes, we weren't sure how much she would progress and she ended up digressing and having to go back to hospital. So not only a very trying time for her and our family but ended up losing the community fee and she is not rich. If you correct that one thing, I believe your community would be a 5!!!!

No TV or internet connection available.

Love it!

Love it!

I was very impressed with the staff and the residence seemed very friendly. Meadow Lakes is in need of upgrades and did not make the short list.

Rebekah met with me and provided a tour of the facility. Very clean,friendly staff and nice floor plans.

There was an issue regarding money being taken out and they acted like they were not going to resolve the issue but they remedied it after 2 days. People are really friendly and have alot of nice activities. The food is good although mom sometimes likes it and sometimes doesn't.

I am so happy with them.

I am so happy with them. Once we got the medication straightened out, things went well. It's a retirement community but we can have people come and help her with the care, and she can stay mostly independent. They are just great.

Very pleased with this community

My loved one was here for independent living for a good 5 years before her care needs necessitated a move. We were very happy with it. It had a great social activity agenda, the apartments were nice, the food was great, and it was priced very affordably.

Great Place with Lots of Activities

It's a great place! They are very friendly. I don't really have a lot to compare it to but the cost seems comparable. It varies on what size unit you have and I think we had like a special deal or something. My mom is not there anymore because her care needs increased. So we had to move her. It definitely was not a want to move situation. We loved the friendliness of the staff and the food was good. It is a nice facility and they had lots of activities. It seemed like there was always something going on.

Warm and Welcoming

As soon as we walked in to Meadow Lakes we knew this was the place for our situation. We instantly had a good feeling about it. It was just so warm and welcoming. We are very happy with Meadow Lakes and would recommend them to anyone.

Tee up for a life of leisure at Meadow Lakes. Our Independent Living community in North Richland Hills, Texas, envelops the spirit of retirement with Iron Horse Golf Course right next door and luxurious amenities that encourage the ultimate relaxation. From our thoughtfully designed studio, one- and two-bedroom floor plans to myriad recreational and social opportunities in and around the community, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Our apartment homes can be customized with paint and countertop choices to complement high-end amenities including kitchens with ranges and wood flooring that make residents feel right at home. Concierge services for shopping, banking and medical appointments are an added bonus that emphasis our commitment to spoiling residents to the ultimate degree. We feature a full calendar of activities including special monthly programs that offer our residents a rewarding, enriching lifestyle. Courteous and professional staff members cater to residents’ needs with support services including three meals a day Monday through Saturday and Sunday brunch and housekeeping and laundry help. Our convenient location means residents have easy access to a wide variety of dining, shopping, medical and entertainment options.