Atria at Hometown - North Richland Hills, TX

I was insulted with prejudices from the director of this facility. After being told that they had several openings from three of their employees, 2-3 on the third floor, one was coming available close to the front, the model apartment, and two other one bedrooms, the director said to me that he didn't feel my in laws would be a good fit and that all the rooms were taken. I had just visited this facility the evening before and within a matter of hours they were all filled. I asked the director how can he say my in-laws weren't a good fit when he had never met them, didn't know anything about them and how was all the available apartments filled within a matter of hours? He insisted that my in-laws just wouldn't be a good fit, so I asked him was the reason because he knew I was African American? If this is the way this facility is ran then it gets no stars from me. I will also be reporting to the BBB and also make sure every social media gets this write up. This is not the way you treat human beings. I will never recommend this facility and I'm glad the director showed that he was prejudice so now I know my in-laws would not be mis-treated.

It was a wonderful visit, lunch was great and our tour guide was fantastic. It just makes decisions harder to make. I have no complaints except the annual increase with no notice. While visiting another location there were at least six residents relocating from Atria. Nice but there appears to be hidden cost to add to $2548 monthly fee.

Management has not returned any of my calls

I was very impressed with this facility in the beginning when I toured. It’s a very nice facility and they offered a really good deal on signing a contract. The food, apartment, and housekeeping are all great but there have been a few problems that I’m dealing with. The biggest issue that I have is with the management. I have been leaving messages with them for 2 or 3 weeks and I still have yet to receive a phone call back from them. I’m just really upset that they won’t call me. The other thing I didn’t like is the facility only has one driver to bring residents around town. This is a very large facility with a lot of people and the list of people needing a ride is very long. I feel like they should have more drivers. I would recommend this facility.

Food portions are big and the staff is great!

Everything is going great here. My mother and step-father love the place. The staff has been extremely helpful and my parents have no complaints. They’ve done a great job and they really enjoy the other residents and the people that work there. They came from out of town so they just think it was the perfect choice. They’ve been there for a couple of weeks so far and say the food is great and the portions are plentiful. They even provide enough food during lunch to save for dinner. They seem to have no trouble in keeping busy in whatever the facility has to offer so there are tons of activities. The cleanliness is good and the place looks great. This was the first place we visited and it just met all of the criteria we were looking for and I would recommend them.

So far, of the options you provided, this is the top of the list. It is still being considered. I missed a great pricing special and hope they may continue it or have one just as good for the next month or two. I don't like that they have no dinner and don't cover electricity.

The staff was very nice and were long term employees. The facility had been updated and was attractive, apartments were roomy with good storage, the grounds were lovely, and they meet with residents monthly to upgrade services and meet needs.

Clean and up to date. Has nice balcony. Every one was kind and friendly. It's a big facility !

A nice community

This is a nice community and I enjoyed living here. The food was good and they offered a menu with different choices. The staff were nice and the community was clean. This would be a nice place to stay if you could lock in a price. When they raised the cost I had to move into another community.

I lived here for over a year

I lived here for over a year and it is a nice place to live. The regular staffing is friendly and kind and very accommodating, however, there is too much of a turnover of management. You never knew from day to day who was going to be in charge and that left me feeling a little unsettled. The reason why I had left there was they had raised the price so it put them out of my budget range.
The food was good while I was there and they offered a lot of activities and social events to participate in.

A lovely facility!! Very pleasant staff.. surroundings gave sense of community. We did not choose because of needing a location closer to family.

A little expensive

I like the staff at this community as they are nice and very accommodating. The food is pretty good and they keep the community clean. They do offer some daily activities. My apartment has a nice balcony and I would recommend this community.

Good Experience, Everyone was Nice

I had a good tour of this community. The community was clean, and everything appeared to be well maintained. The staff I met was kind, and informative. The experience went well. Everyone was kind to my family, and I.

A great home

I really liked this community. I know that the size of the rooms are big, and when my mother is ready to move we will have my father moved here. The staff was great and answered all of our questions. They had a excellent list of great activities for them to get involved with. The meau was very appealing. I think this will be a great fit for both of my parents when the time is good for them both.

Clean Up Kept Community!

The community overall has a very positive atmosphere. The place is kept very clean and the maintenance is quick to respond to any issues. The only issue we have had so far is the move in date, there was miscommunication between us and the staff on delivery times for my loved one's furniture. In the end, it was all resolved, The meals are very healthy and in good portions. The staff is really nice and my loved ones are really enjoying all of the activities. I feel like we made a good decision by choosing this community.

Friendly and Helpful

We have been here about a month and find everyone (residents and staff) to be very friendly and helpful.

Our contact through A Place for Mom was awesome in guidance and caring as was the Sales Director at Atria Hometown.

So far so good!

Everything is going great for my mother in law since making the move to Atria at Hometown. The staff are very friendly and they make themselves available to address all of my concerns. The community is very well kept and updated throughout. The meals served at Atria are pretty good most of the time.

Very much like an apartment complex mixed with a resort feel. Everyone was very upbeat and happy.

Moving Into This Community

I took a tour of this community and met with the director who was very polite, good with information, and followed up with us. I saw a lot of activities going on like bingo, exercise class, and the hairdresser was open. I was offered lunch but did not have time, instead they gave me afresh, baked scone and it tasted very good. This place was clean and very maintained. Our experience was very good and now we are moving in!

Nice place

We've only been here a short time, but so far everything at Atria at Hometown has gone very well! It's a nice looking place, it is always very clean, and the people seem friendly. We've got no complaints!

Wonderful

Oh I love it. I have only been here a month. I have met some of the nicest ladies. It is absolutely wonderful and I have no complaints at all.

It takes Teamwork to make it Wonderful

I like everything about Atria Hometown, except the management team. They told me one thing and did another. If Connie [removed] were still there, this would not have become a problem. I have not ruled out the possibility of living there eventually, mainly because of Deanna who has a warm, caring helpful attitude, but I can't say the same for the other two I've dealt with. Hopefully we can get this worked out, and soon.

Katy Miller

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. I’d like to help. Please reach out to me at [removed] so we can work together directly.

A Really Nice Place

We toured a bunch of places and finally chose Atria. They are very friendly and nice. It is clean and the rooms are big. The set-up is good too. They offer a full range of activities and the food is good as well.

Further away than we want and the apartments have no upgrades.

It's okay. The food is not what she anticipated it to be.

It's okay. The food is not what she anticipated it to be. She doesn't care for the activities as much, there isn't much variety. The people are pretty friendly. The facility is very nice. However they didn't have things ready when we came to move in, and that was disappointing.

Katy Miller

Exceeding your satisfaction is very important to us, so please tell us how we can enhance your experience by reaching us at [removed].

Stands Behind What They Advertise

This property stands behind what they advertise. They offer all amenities. Very pleased with the service and product. No complaints on food. It is a very clean property with friendly staff. I rated everything 5 stars except for the Activities because I don't have experience with that area because my loved one does not participate in them. Overall, This is a great community and delivers what they advertise.

They are really doing a good job.

They are really doing a good job. They don't have quite as much help as we thought. I thought they would have more of an ambassador. It's a lovely place with good food, and the people are really friendly, we like it a lot. I especially like that they will take her to the church, and they have a van for transportation.

So far this is my first choice.

I came here for a tour. I went there for lunch and the food was good. The facility is well-maintained, and I liked a couple of their little apartments. The staff is very friendly, and the pricing is better than the other places, for me. So far this is my first choice.

It was the best deal, with the most amenities for the cost.

We toured this community. It was nice, they had really nice food. It was the best deal of all the places we have seen, it had the best amenities of all and the best value for the cost.

She seems pretty happy. There have be...

She seems pretty happy. There have been a few complaints with the restaurant staff, and food. These are sit down tables where the waitstaff serves you, and they don't have enough waitstaff, so it can take a long time to get your lunch. They seem to have a lot of turnover with the waitstaff. They told us that if she didn't like certain things, then they would have the chef put something on the menu that she will like. That is not the case, they have a few other things like a sandwich or something but they don't add stuff to the menu. My mom is keeping busy she does dance classes, and exercise classes, and is in the library a lot too. It's a fairly nice and roomy room, we did like the room a lot. It's a little overpriced, in my opinion, but they are pretty competitive compared to the other places we saw. They were a few hundred dollars less. Everyone is friendly, and I don't have any concerns over cleanliness, however a few things have gone missing since the last time the housekeeper came, but we haven't been able to check into that yet.

A good place to spend my senior years.

This new home of mine is conveniently located to business places I need to use. I find my new home is quite comfortable and the staff etc are all very helpful and in a friendly way.

I enjoy our meals and the way they are served. I like the way the mailboxes are set up...no going outside and in all kinds of weather to get our mail.

I enjoy the beauty of Atria and the friendliness of the occupants. Glad I chose Atria

Atrai- Respit Stay

The staff at Atria were wonderful to my mother-in-law, and especially Connie Hunter went out of her way to make her respite stay a great experience.

great place

It has been a wonderful experience for my Aunt. She is meeting so many wonderful people. The activities definitely keep her busy. She has not found a reason to be bored yet. She also raves about the food. She says that she gets so much lunch that she has leftovers for dinner.

My New Home

I moved here two years ago and i am confidant thast I made the right choice for this phase of my life. I visited several other facilities before visiting here. This was my last stop. I was so impressed by the warm and friendly staff that greeted me when I walked through the front door. That hasn't changed. Every deparment is stafffed with people that you know genulnely care about the residents. I love my apartment and it is large enough that I was able to bring many of my beloved possesions. The people living here are so nice and friendly. I have made many good frienfs here. The activities are numerous and fun. You are free to do as little or as much as you want to do. I hope to live here for several more years!!

Excellence in Senior Living

We have lived here since its opening, September, 2007. We are still very satisfied at Atria
Home Town and look forward to staying here as long as possible. The food is very good, the administrative staff, the people in the kitchen, dining room and the maintenance staff all do a great job. Above all, there is such a loving, caring atmosphere that is evident when you walk
in the front door for the first time.

Wonderful!

Atria is wonderful. My mother lives there and she is just delighted - very happy! The people are warm and wonderful and the services are great. I can't say enough good things about them. We're very happy!

Very Impressed

We were very impressed with that. If I was looking for something that was probably where I would move. The only drawback of that is they only had home health care. It was independent living and they had home health, I'm not sure if it was in house. That probably would not have been what my dad needed.

Atria at Hometown offers residents spacious apartments thoughtfully designed for the discerning independent older adults in the Mid-Cities area. Located just north of 820, our independent living community is conveniently located near shopping, dining and recreational districts and attractions, including beautiful local parks and historic museums. With spacious one- and two-bedroom luxury apartments and modern amenities, Atria at Hometown is for older adults seeking to continue their active lifestyles in a beautiful, maintenance-free setting. With industry-leading quality standards, Atria at Hometown offers a 24-hour staff and exceptional senior living.