McHenry Villa, LLC - McHenry, IL

The view of the water a plus. Out doors is beautifully landscaped. The menu was so so. It had s good feel about it. Sizes of rooms/kitchen is culture shock. Definitely a possibility.

Kay Kay

Thank you we really do appreciate your feedback.
Sincerely,
Kay Reissig
Marketing Director

Mom is happy and comfortable

My Mom lives here currently and is very happy. She’s comfortable and is provided with 3 meals a day. The staff is very responsive and seems to be knowledgeable about the type of care she needs. The food is okay, at least better than hospital food. They have plenty of options, however, so if she’s not happy with the meal they give her then she can get something else. The cleanliness is fine and housekeeping comes by once a week to clean. They have a few activities available like trivia, bingo, and a few social hours. Overall, based on our experience, I would recommend them.

A good tour

I liked this community when I visited. The rooms at this community were smaller than what we were looking for. The room we looked at did not have a walk out area for a dogs.

Father Doing Well

I'am comfortable with my father move to this community. He is doing well, and everything is working out well. This is a nice, safe community. I'am pleased with everything they have done for my family. All is well for my father in this community.

A resort feeling for care

This is a nice community with good care for what is needed. The staff is nice and friendly and helpful. I like knowing that this is a very clean community and seems like a nice resort. They have a nice pool area.The menu is outstanding and they have a nice variety. They offer a lot of great activities and movie nights. They have games and a lot for the residents to be able to participate. We would recommend this community for the great care and value for a loved.

Great Environment and Care

The care at this community is outstanding. The menu is very appealing and a good variety. We like her room and she is comfortable. We like that she is active with the other residents. It makes me happy knowing that she is living in a clean community that she does enjoy. The community is highly recommended to other families for the good care and good value for other families.

Excellent Value; Great People

Great decision to put my Mother at McHenry Villa. [Removed] is a pleasure to work with and [Removed] from First Light has been fantastic. Great value.

James,
Thank you!!!! It's is a pleasure having your mother here with us.
Sincerely,
Kay

Father is Pleased with This Community

My father is well here at this community, so far everything is working out well. It is nice, well-kept community. He is happy with this community, and I'am satisfied with all they have done for us. Overall this is a community I would recommend. It has worked out well for us.

Kay Kay

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Resident and family satisfaction is always our highest priority. So glad to hear that your father is comfortable and happy here at McHenry Villa.
Respectfully,
Management

Arrived for the 1:00 pm appointment. Greeted warmly by staff. Place was quiet as expected post-meal time. [Removed] way helpful and got right to work, some salesy info but on the mark for my needs. Place was clean yet needs repairs her and there - normal things. In the end they have one studio which may work and are holding it for us until Friday to make a decision and pay the 1st month plus an equal amount as deposit. Pros: fits the need well and falls into our budget. Cons: Independent living so any support needs for assistance is extra $$ and at age 93 this is tricky to anticipate. If Mom needs higher leve of care we have to move again.

Not impressed with the caregivers!!

I did not have a great experience with this community at all. There was no issues with the actual facility and the presence of the building it was mostly the staff members. In the beginning things ran smoothly but things quickly started to go downhill. The caregivers became very relaxed and stopped attending to my mothers needs to the point where it became concerning and I had to move my mom out of there into another place. I am disappointed on how things had went and would not recommend this community to anyone.

The Community Move Was Exciting

The staff and the care have been good. The community is clean real good. The meals and activities with everything is good for my loved one. I liked that I can have access to someone who know the community and making connections for us. He was excited to be apart of the community.

Kay Kay

Thank you for sharing your experience at McHenry Villa. Our staff takes great pride in serving the needs of our residents and their families.

A Caring Home

The staff at McHenry Villa truly cares about their residents. From my first phone call to move in day they showed me I was moving my loved one into a place where he would be cared for.

Cyndi,
Thank you...it is truly an honor for us to serve and care for our residents and their families.
Thank you for giving us the joy of having them here with us.

A nice community!!

This community is a newly remodeled hospital. The rooms are frequently different. They have less activities than the community we choose however they did just get a bus to take the residents on outings. I liked the community but my mom did not.

Kay Kay

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to tour our community.

Fantastic Community

This has truly been a wonderful experience for us. We could not be happier with this community. My mother is doing amazing at this community. She has adjusted very well to it. Kay the owner is wonderful, she has really gone above and beyond for us. Everything about this community is fantastic, we really love it. A place for mom was amazing to work with. I don't know what I would had done without their help. A place for mom was great and very helpful. They really know their stuff. I would recommend this community and a place for mom very highly.

Fantastic

Receive excellent service and care . Would recommend to friends and family . appreciative of the follow through.

Dismal apartments, no windows except in the bedrooms.

Great Value for the Money

It's a great location. The rooms are somewhat small and the maintenance care of the facility lacks a bit. It is a friendly place for those still having some independence. It is a great value for the money.

So far so good

My dad has been there for three weeks now and even he says this is a good place to be. Very friendly staff with the food and food service being very good. The only negative so far is the landscape company needs to do a better job of getting out the weeds/crabgrass in the lawn and flower beds. Other than that...so far so good.

Fantastic community

They’ve been very friendly. They’ve been very accommodating. They’ve been just wonderful. It has been a fantastic community, just a great fit. Overall we’ve been very pleased. Just a great experience.

My Dad thought the rooms we...

My Dad thought the rooms were too small, and felt too much like a hospital (which he had just gotten out of). He didn't like it.

Did not like interior of rooms and no...

Did not like interior of rooms and not very bright. This would be adequate housing

Wonderful accommodations, atmosphere,...

Wonderful accommodations, atmosphere, etc. We decided to move in.

The staff was pleasant and the locati...

The staff was pleasant and the location ideal near the river and downtown area with shops and restaurants. However, I found the halls pretty dimly lit and somewhat narrow and laid out like a maze. I would've gotten lost and turned around.

Animals allowed 600 Sq ft Pull cord...

Animals allowed 600 Sq ft Pull cords in rooms Low salt - no diabetic or caloric considerations Two options for menu No garage

Cozy, Comfortable and Affordable Independent Senior Living