The Village at Victory Lakes - Lindenhurst, IL

• 24-Hour Security
  • Movie Theater

Why I like it here.

I have lived here in an independent apartment for one
year and it is like being on vacation. The staff is always
very friendly and helpful. When my family visits they
always are amazed at how the food is. One of the reasons I moved here was so that my daughter would not have
to take off work to take me to doctor;s appointments, the
Village Lakes bus and thoughtful drivers take me to the
appointment and pick me up when it is over. The same
service is available for shopping. For entertainment
we have movies, outings and one of the most popular
activities ----Bingo.

Great Place!

Three years ago, our folks resisted the idea of residing in an Independent Living facility. Our
step-dad lived an "independent" life in their community in Texas, our mom did not. She gave up
driving years before their move south. She was at the mercy of her husband and/or our older
sister if she wanted to go anywhere. After a while, she stopped asking and going. Mom
became a prisoner in her own home. That’s when we thought it was time for them to come
home, closer to the rest of her bigger family.
We wanted to find a safe, “no-worries” environment where the folks could live out a purposeful
life, getting them back to being socially active together...all in one place. Enter Victory Lakes.
We were first impressed by the beautiful grounds, then meeting the friendly, helpful staff. VL
offered “graduated care,” which was HUGE, meaning our folks wouldn’t have to “move” to
another facility when their health-care needed more attention. We were sold! An apartment
with a BEAUTIFUL view was found, then the promise of a new adventure was to begin.
Life had another plan. Our step-dad left us soon after their arrival when a late diagnosis left my
mom to start a new life on her own, in this new place. But she was never alone. The residents
and the staff were WONDERFUL, helping our mom feel very comfortable in her new
surroundings. Mom met friends easily. She became involved in the NUMEROUS activities and
groups. There were many games to be played, movies to be watched. The library was a
common meeting place as well as the dining room where many GREAT meals were always
offered. And then there’s the good times to be had at the Pub. Mom’s social calendar was
always FULL (her choice)! We often joked about getting her a GPS so we’d know where to find
her! Families are always encouraged to join any of the activities. We didn’t have to be asked
twice. My sister and I became fixtures at VL ourselves.
Recently, our Mom was suddenly taken from us, too early for her years. God had another plan
for her. In the 3 short years of her stay at VL, it proved to be one of the BEST times for her and
us...to be part of a much bigger family. Mom’s friends remain our family ties to VL. I plan to
keep my volunteer status there as well.
Before she left us all, Mom was ALIVE during her short stay at VL. I know her end story would
have been written differently if she stayed in Texas. Victory Lakes was HOME, indeed, for the
latter years she had here on Earth. Thank you for her smile and our memories!

A great "forever" home is hard to find for elderly parents. Victory Lakes was the perfect solution.

In [Removed] my sister and I took our first look at VL as an option for our parents who were living near me in Texas. We grew up in the Fox Lake area and so many of our family was scattered nearby.

On the tour I was impressed with the style of the architecture and the over "feel" of the place. When we saw the model apartment in independent living building we were sold. It was the "wild" view of our childhood - and despite being half the size of our parents house in Texas it felt so spacious. We picked that apt right away!

I was able to report back that VL had made their "public" spaces feel like separate spaces (much like the cruise ships that they had taken), not just a multi-purpose room with a big screen or refreshment area. Our folks had reduced mobility but they got out and about much more because there were different "places" to go - the Cafe, the library (to meet friends, grab a coffee, read the paper), the salon, movie theater and of course the Pub. Despite declining health, the quality of life improved due to increased social interactions.

The staff was always friendly whenever i came up from Texas to visit. My siblings planed many family gatherings in the Great Room. We quickly learned how many of the staff and residents had become an extended family when my stepfather passed and my mother had her stroke and passed. Despite being a short "forever" home the care and loving support of staff and their VL friends was wonderful.

A Victory for My Parents!

We moved my parents in to Victory Lakes in September, 2016. [Removed] was so wonderful with us from start thru the day we moved them in, helping us with every detail. Sadly, we lost my Dad in February of this year, however, my Mom continues to thrive and we are so happy she is there and has made many friends. For the short time, my Dad was at Victory, he loved it, too! Thank you for the wonderful care you give to our senior citizens! You rock!

Great place and staff!

My Mom and Dad moved in last year. Unfortunately mom passed shortly after and didn't get to enjoy what this place offers. Dad has enjoyed it and is fitting in well. The staff is courteous and always willing to help the residents any way they can! We made a suggestion about a low-vision keyboard in the computer room and two days latter it was there! The activities are great. The dinning room and staff serve a great selection of foods. Dad fell once in the bathroom and the staff was there in minutes helping him up and checking him out! The place is very well maintained! I'm 67 and my wife and I actually started thinking about this place for us!

A good tour!

I think my tour of The Village at Victory Hills went very well. The people were there were very friendly and they gave me a lot of good information. The reason we chose another community was because when I walked through the facility, the hallways seem very dark. I could not see my mother living here comfortably.

Look no further for the best assisted living facility

My mother was in an assisted living apartment at Victory Lakes. I cannot say enough good things about it. The staff were so kind and caring. She relished the interaction with the other residents. The unit was always clean and filled with light. My mom so enjoyed herself there. After a thorough search of alternative assisted living / nursing home facilities, I can sincerely say that if I were going to assisted living, the only place i would consider is Victory Lakes. After recently touring the facility in regards to my in-laws, I was amazed to find that it is even better than when my mom was there.

[Removed] is a charming fellow. Gave me a great tour. I really liked the Prairie Home I saw. I just wish it weren't so far away from Highland Park where I have many contacts.

We liked Victory Lakes because of the architecture (Frank Lloyd With-ish), the Prairie Homes (cottages) for independent living. The location is double-edged; the country setting is beautiful but, at the same time, it is relatively far from shopping, Metral line to Chicago, town activities. But the feel of the place was very positive.

Michael Rivera

Hi, thank you for the review. We appreciate the feedback! Just to clarify that our community is conveniently located only 5 minutes away from the Metra line to Chicago. Also, we are only minutes away from downtown Antioch area, as well as 7.5 miles away from Gurnee Mills Shopping Mall where we provide complimentary transportation to and from on the weekends. The Village at Victory Lakes has the best of both of worlds; Prairie Scenic Living within minutes of community activities and fun!

A great place for independent living!!

The Village at Victory Lakes is a good place for my father. The staff are very accommodating, patient, helpful and pleasant with the residents and the families. I have had brunch there a few times and the food is good. There are activities available however my dad does not participate in any. I would recommend this clean and well cared for community.

clean, residents clean, no smells at ...

clean, residents clean, no smells at dinner time, adequate studio, bigger extra fee for meds dispensing, minimum interview but went unannounced