Maurice House - Millville, NJ

Very Nice Respite Stay

I was at this community for a respite stay, and it went very well. I really enjoyed my time here. if needed I would return. The community looks nice and clean. Everything was clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly and very helpful. They do have a nice selection of activities available for the residents. The meals were decent. It was a very nice experience, and I would recommend this community.

Comfortable With The Care They Are Providing My Mother

My mother is doing pretty well here at this community. I'am comfortable with the care they are providing her with. The community looks very well maintained. When I visit her room and the community are nice and clean. The staff for the most part is good, she enjoys most of them. She isn't pleased with the food, they need to more of a variety for the residents to choose from. Overall she is safe and in good hands. This is a community I would absolutely recommend.

No Worries with Mom being here.

All of the staff here is very friendly and they are willing to meet with the family to discuss questions or concerns. My Mother likes that it is a relatively small community, only about 36 residents there. They are currently remodeling which has caused some inconveniences and confusion but it is good that they are updating and it will be much nicer when all of that is done. The head chef is very good and Mom loves his crab cakes that he makes. Sometimes the food is not warm enough for her but they are adding warmers to the kitchen when it is remodeled so that should help ...but they are always willing to take the food back to warm it up if there is a complaint. There are activities daily and they are always open to suggestions. The one thing missing here is transportation for outside activities, which I am told they are in the process of obtaining a mini bus or van.

Everyone was very friendly. The interior was clean and well maintained. Was surprised at the cost but this may be the norm and since it was our first place we toured we have nothing to compare it to. We were there during an Easter entertainment that my Mother found enjoyable. Like the idea that she could "try" the place out for a week or a month before actually deciding on moving in.