Blaire House of Tewksbury Assisted Living - Tewksbury, MA

Not the right fit for our needs at this time, a bit of sensory overload during our tour. Didn't seem quite up to the level of other places we've visited, but the availability of long term care was good.

Not The Right For Us, But My Tour Went Well

I had a nice tour of this facility. Everyone was kind, and friendly. From what I saw the community looked nice, and clean. The staff I met was polite, and they answered my questions. It was a good experience, but I did feel this was the community for my father, and his needs.

Great staff, terrific facility.

Blair House NOT A Good choice for your loved one

Not an overall good experience at all. My elderly father spent five weeks recovering from hip surgery. He was put in the "memory care" unit. I was there every single day for 5 weeks. So very little interaction between staff and residents. Common room had a huge TV that was usually blaring a game show. Even I know Alzheimer patients are confused even more by loud noise. I was between heartbroken and angry all the time. Knew as soon as my dad recovered I was getting him out of there and into another home. We switched to Emeritus, and I witnessed the staff engaging with the patients. I think about all the other poor souls that we left behind in that horrible place. If you truly love your elderly mom, dad, aunt or uncle. Blair House is not the place. Staff puts a good show upfront for you. But you soon learn, terrible terrible place. They didn't even have a nice chair for the patients to sit on in the so called "family room".

So far it's going pretty good.

So far it's going pretty good. I haven't had any issues with billing or staff or anything. I would give them a four or four and a half.

Friendly, considerate staff

My loved one's stay here was only a short one, but I thought they did a very good job overall! The staff here is friendly and professional, and they were very considerate of her. They worked hard to make sure her stay here was comfortable!

Nice looking place!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I looked at quite a few communities in the area and this one stood out to me as being very nice! The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. I would definitely recommend them as being worth a look!

From our experience there I will say take your family elsewhere if you care about them!

A Special Thank you

A Special Thank you to the Nursing Staff on the first Floor that cared for Mr Mrs Pereira for almost 3 years Specially Imanuel and the 2 John's that cared for Jose they were the most caring and dedicated profecionals!

Very nice place, dedicated and caring staff

They've done an absolutely wonderful job so far at Blaire House of Tewksbury! All of the staff here are attentive and caring, and very involved in what they do. You can tell it is more than just a job to them! The director is a wonderful person as well. He's very communicative, and always easy to get in touch with, he will answer his cell phone even after he is off duty. He personally organizes a monthly dinner for the men in the community to socialize!
All in all it is a great place, I would highly recommend it!

Friendly staff

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for our loved one. The gentleman that showed us around was very nice, and the staff all seemed friendly. However, they were lacking some of the amenities that we'd seen in some of the other communities we toured here, and the decor was a bit outdated.

Great community, and great daycare service

We use Blaire House for daycare, and they really do a phenomenal job! After he gets back they've kept him so busy that he's able to sleep very well that night, which has been an issue he's been having. The staff really go above and beyond to be accommodating and make sure he is happy and comfortable. We also really like that the community has a good population of men for him to socialize with.

Not impressed

I was not impressed by what I saw during our tour. It was an old building, and it just seemed dark and claustrophobic to me. The atmosphere wasn't what I wanted for my Mom. The care services seemed fine, and the staff were all perfectly nice, but the building itself left a lot to be desired.

Very nice, staff left a good impression.

Very nice, staff left a good impression.

once we quit paying she goes into nur...

once we quit paying she goes into nursing home. not a lot of town involvement.

The Blaire House of Tewksbury is a 131-bed skilled nursing center. We are family owned and operated by the Essex Group Management Corp, servicing the health care needs of seniors for over 50 years. We specialize in Short and Long Term care, Rehab, Sub-acute care, and Alzheimer's Specialty care. Our facility also hosts an Assisted Living Facility, Adult Day Health Center, and Senior Transportation.

We offer our patients and residents outstanding care, delivered by highly skilled practitioners in a warm and comfortable setting. Whether your loved one is here for a short stay or for an extended period, our Clinical Care Teams are focused on implementing your personalized care program to facilitate your recovery and improve your well-being.

For our short-term-stay residents, speeding recovery and returning our patients to home as quickly as possible are our primary goals, with our Clinical Care Teams there to support patients and their families during their stay.

In addition, our separate assisted living unit offers active seniors a fun, dynamic lifestyle. This lively community supports each resident's independence, while also offering personalized health care services if they're ever needed.