Bayberry at Emerald Court - Tewksbury, MA

Half a star is a push. ED here provides no support, we wanted to speak to someone when we were here and nurse said to see ED, ED said they don't have no one but her and that she is doing everything for everyone and ready to fly, then she brushed me off and said she'll let "someone" know and get back to me. That was 3 weeks ago! I see her and she avoids me, said I have to wait. I say - give your money someplace else, I'm getting my loved one out of here too. Food is inferior.

Placement at Bayberry Assisted Living

Administration and all staff are very welcoming, responsive to questions, and helpful. There appeared to be a temporary shortage of staff and some disorganization around my mother's initial placement (regarding level of care and financial costs) but administration worked with me to resolve all issues to my satisfaction. Staffing levels appear to be good and the quality of staff-patient interaction appears to be very good as well. Having an advocate certainly helps any elderly adult placed in residential facility. My mother is still adjusting though appears happy at Bayberry and I feel good about choosing Bayberry.

Northbridge Companies

We're happy with your experience here at Bayberry!

A good community!

This is a nice small community inside of a 55 and older housing development. It does not feel like an assisted living community. There is a walking path around the community. The staff are friendly. They offer daily activities and the food is good. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

Northbridge Companies

Thank you for the kind review!

Place appears old, but nice. Not much outdoor space. Rooms are not great. Food was OK.

Northbridge Companies

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize for your experience here at Bayberry - if you need any other assistance, please feel free to reach out to our Directors.

Knowledgeable administration!!

The administration was very knowledgeable during our tour and gave my loved one and I lots of useful information. They showed us all of the great amenities and features this community had to offer and did a great job at making us feel welcomed into there facility.

Northbridge Companies

Thank you for the kind review, we're glad you found our directors helpful!

We moved our 91 and 98 year old parents to Bayberry @Emerald Court about 3 weeks ago. They love it and we love it. Everyone is very friendly and caring and the place is spotless. Very big difference from the last place they were in. We are very grateful to "A Place For MOM" for referring us to this place. Great Job !!!!! Many thanks !

Northbridge Companies

We're so happy you and your parents had a great experience and transition! Thank you for the kind words, and if you need anything at all, you know where to find us!

Bayberry is the best!!

Bayberry at Emerald Court is located in a beautiful 55+ neighborhood. The staff is very knowledgable and pleasant to work with. The rooms are large compared to other Assisted Living places and very clean. The environment and decor is bright and welcoming. The dining room is beautiful and large with a dance floor, bar/pub, and a piano. The daily activities include exercise class, mystery rides, live entertainment, comedy shows, cribbage, bingo, Left Right Center, art classes, restaurant trips, errands around town and various card games. The staff will customize the activities (if needed). The food is outstanding. Bayberry is outstanding and highly recommended.

Northbridge Companies

Thank you so much for all the compliments! We're proud to be a wonderful option for seniors in the Tewksbury area. We're glad you had a great experience.

Clean, Safe and Caring

I was very pleased with Bayberry in comparison to the four others I had seen. My dad has found a girlfriend here so he is very happy. It's very clean, safe and the staff works hard to keep the place moving. I was surprised that assisted living doesn't provide more health care but learned they are not hospitals. I bring my dad what he needs for the most part and they administer it. The residents here were younger than some of the places I toured so this was better for my dad who is still in pretty good condition and needed people with whom he could converse. Very friendly place!

Northbridge Companies

We do offer a very social environment along with kind helping hands as needed, so we're happy you found Bayberry for your father! Thank you for the kind words!

I toured here and I really liked it.

I toured here and I really liked it. Things have changed quite a bit since I toured, and I'm not sure she will be able to go here, anymore. It was very nice though, and the staff was friendly. I really liked it.

Northbridge Companies

We're happy you enjoyed your tour! Feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.

The consciousness they provide is above and beyond!

First overall the manager Adam was very open and honest, as was the staff. We found it comforting how the operations are being runned.

The other communities we saw wanted to sell what they projected as comfort, but it really wasn't. They just wanted to fill in space, and Bayberry was very different. Everything was very clean, very excellent. The staff was very conscience on how they pay attention to detail, to make sure there was no trash. And for that matter the residents themselves insured that everything was clean. We were very surprise to see how everything is compared to the others.

The cost at bayberry was very reasonable compared to the others we looked at. For the effort and service they provide, they were extremely reasonable in price. Adam and the staff was really I guess amazing to see. The consciousness they provide is above and beyond! we were very pleased with Bayberry.

Northbridge Companies

Thank you SO much for all the kind words, we're happy to provide a truly happy and comforting environment here at Bayberry.

Don't bring your parents there. You will be disappointed.

I took my dad there and at first hey were all over me trying to get me to sign my dad up to stay. I finally did, despite the large cost and being in a tough place financially. My dad goes in there and then he got sick very quick, during which I do not feel they offered good care at all. They called me up and instead of saying that my dad is sick and let's see how we can work together to handle the situation, they complain to me that my dad is acting out.

Dad ended up having to leave there and go into rehab. They acted like they wanted him back after rehab and said they were going to visit him in rehab, but they never did.

In the end, it turned out dad couldn't come back, and at that point were rude and unprofessional.

Don't bring your parents there. You will be disappointed.

Northbridge Companies

We apologize for the experience you had here at Bayberry. We pride ourselves in providing the best care possible for all of our residents. For this unique experience, we were happy to provide a full refund of days not spent at Bayberry, but if you have further issues please do not hesitate to contact Adam Manchester, our Executive Director.

Wonderful

We had a few locations we were going to look at after this, but after what we saw here we didn't need to look any further. Everything about this place was great! The staff were friendly, it was very clean, and the care and activities looked great. It was also a very new building, which I liked.

Northbridge Companies

Thank you so much for the glowing review! We take great pride in our work here at Bayberry.

beautiful,wonderful, good pricing, ju...

beautiful,wonderful, good pricing, just so far.

Northbridge Companies

Hi there, thanks for the nice review, we're sorry Tewksbury is not a convenient location for you. Bayberry is owned by Northbridge Companies, which has communities throughout Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts - feel free to check us out online for a community closer to home.

In same class as Sunrise, but just no...

In same class as Sunrise, but just not as together. Not very well designed. On the other hand, residents well-groomed and carefully dressed; more activities than Sunrise. Residents were having a lovely singalong with a pianist when was there, so I didn't see many interactions. Brenda did tell me that they would not make my mother leave even if she ran out of money after 4.8 years, which she would. They would "find a way" to keep her until the end of her life. I haven't heard this before and need to find out if it is unique.

Northbridge Companies

Hi there, thank you for your review of Bayberry! We pride ourselves in being a wonderful option for seniors in the Tewksbury area, and are happy to work with families to find resources to make care affordable in addition to working with other providers in the area to find the best solution for each family that comes to our door. Feel free to reach out to our executive director Frank McGuire by phone or email for more information.

Welcome to a new way of life at Bayberry at Emerald Court. Nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood in Tewksbury, MA, Bayberry is an assisted living community ideally located just minutes from major shopping, entertainment and medical centers with easy access to I-93 and I-495. Bayberry offers all the benefits of community living - dining, housekeeping, transportation, maintenance...we take care of the details so you can enjoy doing the things you love the most. And best of all, you will have the peace of mind knowing someone is there to help on a moment's notice should the need arise.

Bayberry at Emerald Court offers private apartments for seniors who need supportive services with personal care as well as private apartments within our separate and secure Generations Program for people with Alzheimer's disease and other memory impairment.