Manatawny Manor - Pottstown, PA

People were very nice, but the facility reminded me of a hospital. I know my mom would not be happy here

Could have been better

My dad wasn’t here for very long but in the short time that he was there, there were a few issues I had run across. The staff always seemed to be short and they never seemed to have enough help. They were able to answer most questions, but if there was anything that I needed done that had to do with a doctor, they would become almost unresponsive. It took me over 2 weeks to get answers that I needed and that only happened AFTER I talked with the executive director. My dad had Alzheimer’s and the food they would feed him felt inappropriate; they would give him things like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and they always told me he would only eat half or a quarter of his meal. But anytime I went, he would eat everything and it felt like that was the only time he’d actually get a meal. The cleanliness of the facility was satisfactory. They have things like bingo, entertainers, and movie nights to keep everyone active and all of the other residents seemed to be pretty friendly. The only reason we wound up choosing Manatawny Manor was because it was within driving distance of my mom. I don’t think this was worth the money that it costs. My dad needed more one on one care and attention and it felt like they weren’t willing to do that. My mom is going to need a home eventually and I won’t be bringing her here.

Tour Was Nice

Nice Community, and my tour of it went well.

Toured

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I wasn't a fan of Manatawny Manor. It just felt very clinical, not warm or welcoming. It had the feel of a nursing home rather than an assisted living community. It just wasn't somewhere I thought my loved one would be comfortable living.