Greenfield of Perkiomen Valley - Schwenksville, PA

Okay. Active community. Kind of worn looking

Great Community!

The staff at Greenfield Senior Living of Perkiomen Valley are great. They are very helpful, caring and friendly. They keep me posted and up to date with everything that's going on with my mom. We are very happy!

The facility is very clean. The staff was friendly and the environment could be described as being comfy. Renovated from a former school, one would have a hard time realizing that it was a former school except for the stage that remains from the school which they use for presentations for the residents (very cool). The only reason I give Greenfield a 4-star is because of the steps required of independent living residents and the dim lighting in the staircases. Mom loved the feel of the facility and it ranks high on our list for when she is ready to make a move. Mom grew up in a country setting; the facility is set in an older established neighborhood which is what mom is looking for.

I was very impressed with Greenfield from the minute I stepped into the door...it had a “coming home” feeling to it, not huge and overwhelming, but quiet and
Inviting...I spoke to a content resident who highly recommended Greenfield...he was nicely dressed as were the other residents that were around....I kind of popped in unexpectedly but I didn’t see anyone in distress even when we visited the Memory Care unit.
Residents were comfortable and not stuck in wheelchairs all day like a few other places that I have visited...I feel good about bringing my stepmom here.

Not the Type of Memory Care I Wanted

I was not comfortable with placing my parent here. I was not crazy about the memory care area. It was like a maze to get to the memory care and overwhelming. The whole area was in a huge building but two floors up and away from everything. I believe they were a lock down area. There was a smell that I did not like and I would not recommend them. The lady who showed me around was very nice and answered my question but this was not the best fit.

Care for mom and dad

I like the care that my father receives here. The community is clean and maintained. The menu could use some improvements. They have activities for the residents to participate. They were understanding and we would recommend other families to this community for the care of a loved one.

Bye bye Greenfield

The staff is very rude. Sometimes ignoring a request. Administration, especially the director does not return telephone calls even after admitting receiving your message. There are many hidden costs that are on the "other services" list. I've never paid the same amount each month. The dollar margin is close, but not the same. Also you need to use a ramp to access the 2nd floor. All other floors can be accessed by ground level or elevator. You can find the same care cheaper elsewhere.

We were very impressed by the staff and all the activities that we saw the clients participating in. The facility is a nice size and not overwhelming like a few others.

A tour for care

I toured this community. The community was clean and well maintained. They were able to answer the questions of the care. They do offer a good variety of nice activities for the residents. They did not have the care that we were looking for at the time. We would recommend this community for other.

Place for Dad

Dad resisted the thought of living in assisted living but after falling several times and a three month stay in a skilled nursing facility had no choice. I toured other homes and Greenfield Sr Living was first choice. Price was comparable to other homes and they do not have a "buy in" that literally would use all of any assests Dad had. It was and is one of the cleanest facilities I toured. They are friendly, caring, and considerate of other family members. Well balanced meals and plenty of activities that include trips to local restaurants. For as reluctent as I was to place Dad, i couldn't have choose a better home away from home.

Easy transfer from Florida to Pennsylvania

I was really nervous about bringing mom from Florida to Pennsylvania, about the paperwork involved and footwork. A PLACE FOR MOM was very helpful in determining which place and area was of interest to me. They went out of their way to help find what I was looking for and stuck with me until after mom was placed in her new home. Greenfield Senior Living in Schwenksville, Pennsylvania was just what I was hoping for in price and convenience. The transition was easier than I hoped for. Thank you [Removed] for your determination to assist me and mom.

Direct care staff outstanding!

Mom has been at Greenfield for a year now. Things were going well, but once mom went into the hospital and returned all went down hill. She needed a little more help and I understand that pricing will go up but $2000 a month is ridiculous. They have a new director since we first moved in. Not as efficient and passes the buck to another staff member when she is asked a question. Room/care rates are comparable but the add ons like medication management and incontinence care are high and unreasonable. When you are away in the hospital they will not deduct care cost days until you exceed 14 days out. That is not fair as they are charging you for 14 days of services/food/care that you have never received. Doesn't take much for billing to figure out per/day costs and deduct them. On the other hand the direct care staff is very kind and loving towards the residents. I cannot say enough about the aides, nurses and house keeping. These people truly like working with the elderly and are very compassionate.

Overall My Mother is Being Cared for Well

My mother is doing well here at this community. They are doing a good job with caring for my mother and her needs. The staff is good for the most part. The only problems I have had are with administration. They have made some promises they have not followed through with, and they the maintenance needs to be quicker with responding. Also they meals could use some improvements. Other than those issues they do have activities for the residents. She is being cared for well overall.

Everything Is Great For My Mother Here

Everything is very well for my mother here at this community. I'am pleased with her move here, she is in good hands. She is receiving good care, everybody has been great. This is a lovely community. It has worked out very well for us. A place for mom was great with all the help they provided.

Good Respite Stay Experience

My father in law was here for a respite stay. It was good experience. He enjoyed his time during his respite stay. At the moment he is on the wait list for a smaller room. We knew he was safe and in good hands. We were satisfied with all they did for us. This is a community I would recommend, it is a nice place.

Wonderful Home

My mother has been in the memory care unit at Greenfield for 2 months now. It was a very emotional and difficult transition, probably more for me than for her, but for both of us the staff here has been wonderful. Michelle [Removed] held my hand and through the shock and heartbreak of this next step in care, and if not for her and the kind, sweet people that work here I would have lost my mind. She encouraged me to hang in and give it 30 days for both of us to adjust, and I truly saw a turning point on day 30. Weeks 4-6 were still tough but I could see the light, and now I think we are both finally feeling comfortable. For my mom with dementia it's been very confusing for her to understand her new surroundings, and for me it was just so overwhelming to see her in this environment. The staff here really understood our different needs for getting through this. For my mom she needed them to make her feel welcome and confident in her new home, she needed encouragement to participate and feel needed/important, and she needed understanding that some dementia patients like her in a shared environment have a very hard time understanding that other patients belongings and rooms aren't hers. For me I needed updates, calls, and texts with pictures of her doing things so I could see that she was adjusting and doing ok without me there. I also needed a lot of smiles and encouragement when I visited as well. Greenfield delivered all of this and more. My favorite part of Greenfield is the staff, there isn't one person from maintenance to management that doesn't have a warm heart and a smile for you, but it's also a bright, sunny, place with lots of windows, the food is great, and there are lots of activities and entertainers.

Feels like home

Inviting, comfortable, warm feel, not all tile and cold. Staff friendly and attentive, food great. It was a good choice.

Review of Greenfield of Perkiomen Valley - Schwenksville, PA

Facility was immaculate and nice country ride to get there. Very quiet with warm gas fireplaces ablaze throughout. Michelle who was standing in for Lisa did a great tour with us although she did not have all the answers to our questions with respect to pricing. She did indicate which apartments were available and we saw two that would be perfect for mom.

Very nice place, affordable price

Our experience with Greenfield of Perkiomen Valley has been a very good one, so far! The staff here is friendly and professional, and they're very knowledgeable and comforting to both the residents and their families! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they do a great job looking after the residents! My only complaint would be that I think they can do a bit better when it comes to activities, but for what they charge the service here is excellent overall!

nice facility

Greenfield of Perkiomen Valley is a nice facility. I have no complaints. It was a good experience. The next time I go away I will definitely be using this facility again.

It's really nice and my father likes it here

The Greenfield of Perkiomen Valley is really nice and my father likes it here. The cleanliness is excellent because the facility is always clean. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. It has a nice atmosphere. The value is great for the services you get. Overall, This is a very nice community. My father is well taken care of. I'm glad he likes it here. Everything has been going great. It's a nice place.

Very accomadating as we arrived early and needed to leave early. Liked the level of care that they provide. Definitely a contender

Older building that has been remodeled. The facility was very nice as were the staff. For us, the location was a little out of the way for our family.

Cost of $1800 for a respite 10 days was high. If they said for $2000 she can stay a month would have been a better promotion. Told about the $2000 month cost after we left. Based off of the $1800 per week, the monthly cost would have been $7200.

I really liked Greenfield.

I really liked Greenfield. I never saw the former High School, but the transformation is amazing. My loved one would like all of the gardens/outdoor spaces. I like the fact that it's in a town, and not too far away. Lisa Benash was great. It's a little pricey - almost $1000 more a month than another place I looked at, and that can add up. They do not provide furniture, so I would have to buy a twin bed. This is one of my top two though.

Nice place overall

I think they've done a good job so far at Greenfield of Perkiomen Valley! It's a very well kept, nice looking facility, and the staff have been very friendly! They do a good job taking care of their residents, although most of the time they are noticeably short staffed, which can cause delays in certain services and in the activities.
One area I'd like to see them improve would be in the communication regarding care between the staff and the residents and families. More than once they've come in to do tests on my loved one without letting her know what or why they are doing it, or letting me know beforehand. I'd appreciate being kept more in the loop.

Nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this was a very nice looking place, however I don't think it would have been a great fit for my loved one. It was just too big for my loved one, who moves around very slowly.

dad im proud of u

My father enjoyong his golden years at greenfield has been excellent! The staff have treated my father wth dignity respect and structure he needs ! No changes and i thank them and truelly from the bottom of my heart am greatful! chocolates r his sweet 😌

Explore all your options for the best care for your loved one.

My father has been in this facality for two years. I continue to struggle with the break down in communication in this facility on a daily basis. This facility continues month after month to be under staffed in their key departments. ie. nursing.

Please look at all your options before selecting this facility for your parent or loved one.

Nice place

They've been great so far, and my loved one and the other residents seem to enjoy themselves here. It's a nice looking place, and the staff are all very friendly. We like how they let the residents maintain a degree of autonomy, but help is available if they need it.

I don't think they had enough staff.

We heard that some people were having problems with bugs. The ripped out the rugs and put in something that was a non-rugThe staff was very friendly for the most part. The doctor was no help, he wouldn't do anything. Sometimes I took her to out-patient. There were a lot of people that my family member really enjoyed and cared for. Some of the girls would tell her she was out of her medicine and not give it to her and then it would show up later that there was some left. They would ring the bells for the nurses and it would take forever for them to get there. I don't think they had enough staff. There was always something going on for activities. They always had notices and trips and things going on. She did not care for the food at all, she was used to her home cooking, she would say it was bland. A lot of it is communication, whenever I would talk to the director I worked with, she would say I didn't hear that or I didn't know about that. I would go to the head nurse and complain about her medicine or put in a work order and the director didn't know about it. I picked it based on my location. They only had an hour window for meal times.

Greensfield of Perkiomen Valley

Greensfield has attractive room rates, but when additional services are required I believe they charge unreasonable prices for the services rendered. I find that the nursing staff has poor communication skills, several times I received no call back when requested.

The minute we walked in mom wanted to leave.

The minute we walked in mom wanted to leave. Our first impression was all of the residents were sitiing on couches and chairs at the front door and they really looked like they were in poor health. It is an old school house and looked like it has been around for quite a while. I was looking for more up to date facilities.

Greenfield Retirement Community

My father has been in Greenfield for 1 year.
One of the reasons he chose to live here was the proximity to his children.
Greenfield is small, but the staff know all the residents and recognize family members.
It is very much a family atmosphere at Greenfield.

It's fine, it's going well.

It's fine, it's going well. They really have been great. We have one family member in memory care and one not in memory care. The staff is a little more friendly with the Assisted living section than the memory care area. For the most part the people who are the caregivers in memory care are phenomenal, very kind, very on top of it. One particular caregiver is a little abrupt with some of the memory care residents. They do a lot of memory care type activities with the residents in memory care. Our loved one in the Assisted living side would like to see a pool table or table tennis, some more active activities, our more active family member is a little bored. It's expensive, but any of that care is. They charge for 0-8 medications but if you get one more and have nine then they charge you an extra 330 for one more pill seems a little high, and you have to go through their pharmacy, because it has to be bubble packed. We liked that it's very small, some of the other places are like warehouses.

Review of Greenfield Senior Living Memory Care Facility

I am really impressed with the caring, friendliness, and helpfulness of the entire staff, both to my wife and I, and to my 97 year old mother who now resides there. We even encountered a custodial staff person, who stopped us in the hall and made sure we were happy with our decision to place, Mom, there. Greenfield, is one of the more reasonable priced facilities, but is not at all lacking in the quality of care or the ammenities found in the more expensive facilities.

Largest of apts. available ...

Largest of apts. available as compared to other places I viewed.Great staff.They seem to provide better care and services.Because it is a new adventure I will give it good at this time.It should go higher

Memory care assistance lacking

My father-in-law was there for a two-week respite. He was supposed to have a shared room and the day we arrived, his potential roommate was very aggressive in threatening my father-in-law. I was ready to turn around and leave but staff seemed very responsive at that point and made arrangements for another room. It seemed promising that staff was able to quickly resolve a potentially serious problem.

However, the actual personal care with grooming appeared non-existent. After 2 days there, I let staff know that he had not changed his socks or underwear yet. After 5 days, I told them again. After 10 days, he still had not used a second pair of socks or underwear. He needs very direct guidance and staff was told this on admission.

After day 10, I notified the management team and they tried to tell me that my father-in-law was taking his dirty laundry out of the laundry basket and putting it away. He has never done this in his life so I don't know why he would suddenly start doing this. However, even if he did, they have an obligation to make sure that his clothing is clean.

Each day we visited, his facial hair was longer than 5 o'clock shadow. When he is at our house, he is very conscientious about shaving every morning. Staff stated that he could not keep his electric razor in his room but that they would make sure he got it for morning care. Each time we visited, I got the razor from the staff and my husband helped him shave.

I am an RN and have worked with memory care residents and this was not acceptable. My concern is that if staff is neglecting things that should be very obvious - clean clothes, not shaved - what might they be doing with regard to those things that are not as obvious?

While my dad wanted to remain at home...

While my dad wanted to remain at home, it became clear that he needed assistance and someone "on call" to help at any hour of the day. Greenfield fit the bill. I found the staff helpful, qualified, caring, and engaging. While my dad's health declined to the point where assisted living was no longer the sufficient, Greenfield played a critical role in the life of my dad and family.

Something Needs to Change

For the most part it's a 5 but some things that I am seeing we don't like. We are having a problem with the value, seems like they are just looking for a way to charge us more. We just have the sense like they are just trying to find things to charge us for. They seem to have plenty of activities for the residents but not sure if they get them to participate. We are not happy with them but don't really know why, it's just a feeling. Seems like we get calls that are urgent and we need to reply immediately but when we do reply or leave it message they do not reply very fast to us. The community is nice and all the basics, like food, are great. The people that people that provide the care are fine but seems like the problem is in the administration. We know if they are doing that to us then they are doing it to other, and the things they are doing need to change. Lisa is great but the care manager needs to be changed.

Nice Community

The location of Greenfield is convenient for my family. The staff members that I got to meet really made a difference, I can't say the entire staff is like that but the ones I met were great. The cost of this community was reasonable.

We are really pleased with Greenfield

Greenfield offered the best combination of affordability and amenities. It is an old school that has been renovated so it is fairly unique and their costs were in line with our budget. It is too early to tell about the Care Services and Activities. The staff, especially the girl we've been working with do a fine job, they are always available and are very helpful.

Very disappointing.

My father lived there eight months before falling in the shower. He never should have fallen since he was living in the Dementia Unit where we were told he would have all the care he needed. He required hospitalization and then rehab. They refused to let him come back to Greenfield. He went toa local nursing home where he died four months later. There is insufficient staff and they are not adequately trained.

Very pleasant and affordable.

Very pleasant and affordable.

This seems really nice.

This seems really nice.

Move in complete...went much better t...

Move in complete...went much better than expected! So far so good!

I toured the facility and was impress...

I toured the facility and was impressed with the staff. At the time, they were just re-starting their dementia care unit.

Population much older and less capabl...

Population much older and less capable than my mother. Facility dark inside and not really to my liking. Staff helpful and accommodating.

very nice, clean, no smell. incontin...

very nice, clean, no smell. incontinent products monthly fee. will take care of ordering medications.

Welcome home to Greenfield of Perkiomen Valley. We are conveniently located near Routes 29, 73 and 422 in the charming, small-town community of Schwenksville, Pa.

Our residents live among friends while enjoying a blend of planned social, cultural and recreational activities in an inviting apartment-style setting.

A variety of well appointed suites assure privacy and a comfortable lifestyle. Built in the 1920’s as a school, this community has a welcoming charm like no other. Our warm and friendly staff makes every effort to ensure that the needs of each resident are met.

If your loved one needs assistance with Dementia care, we are here to help. Our Memory Care community, is uniquely designed to provide a secure environment while offering every opportunity for personal freedom and the enjoyment of life.