Spring Mill Senior Living - Phoenixville, PA

Caring People, Very Nice Facilities

We took a tour here, and the people seemed caring and nice. The directors were great, and the services were very nice as well. I really liked that they had their own in-house rehab and physical therapy facility. However, the prices were outrageous, and the place was huge. I worried that my loved one might get lost there.

The staff are fantastic here

I am so pleased with the care that the staff here are giving my mother. She can be difficult at times but they stick with it and make sure that she stays busy, that she does her therapy and that she does not just sit in her room. They are working with us hand in hand as my mother's needs are changing and we now are looking into placing her in the memory care. Their knowledge and their recommendations have been a great help, I have toured the memory care here twice and learned a lot. I would definitely recommend this community.

My visit

The people we met at this community were friendly. The community seemed to be well maintained. They offer transportation and seem to offer some nice amenities. This community was a little more expensive than what we were looking for.

TLC for mom

We toured this community for the care for my mom. We did like the staff that was nice and helpful to answer the questions we had. We wanted .alot activities that would be offered. We would have been happy with the care from the excellent staff with the nice environment.

A fairly fine facility...

The staff, overall, seem to be a good team. They are flexible and willing to work with my loved one, but they don't give her as much attention as I would have liked her to have. Another concern I have is that, while the medical practices are great, they do not pay attention to dental hygiene, so my loved one does not get to brush her teeth too often. I also feel that they are a bit overpriced, for what they offer. All in all, it is a fine place.

We had an official visit, and it seemed very nice. Location convenience was the only concern.

Highly Recommend This Facility

Everything is working out very well for my parents here at this community. They have adjusted well to the community. It is very well maintained facility, everything is very nice and clean. They have a wonderful staff, they are very helpful and kind. My parents are trying a few new activities. I've tired a few of the meals and they taste great. I know they are safe and in good hands. I would highly recommend it.

It's been good so far.

It's been good so far. Nothing major with maintenance. The people have been nice, and the activities are good. We are just learning some of the more nuanced details, as the transition continues, as it is still new for us. So far though, we have been pretty happy with them.

Review of Spring Mill Senior Living - Phoenixville, PA

Facility was clean and loved the studio room size and set up. Tina did a marvelous job with the tour and Laura RN gave us some ideas to transport mom from VA. We really liked the fact that there is a sub-acute Rehab unit called Powerback which transitions mom from acute Rehab to Assisted Living status. The latest assessment may not qualify mom for acceptance however. Also admin of medications is an add-on of 11 day.

Fantastic facility for dementia and memory impaired seniors

My mother was a resident in their 15 resident "Compass" unit for fourteen months, until she passed. The care and attention she received the entire time was overwhelming. They have a highly trained, caring staff who love what they do, and it shows. I would visit at all hours of the day and evening on various days, and I can honestly say I never met a person that wasn't friendly, caring and professional, and treated residents with the highest respect and dignity. They would point out various things which my mom needed, suggested changes in care when appropriate, and were always available if I had questions or concerns. They have a low rate of staff turnover. I have experienced several other assisted living facilities and nursing homes over the past several years, and I give Spring Mill the highest commendation all around, by far! It is a true comfort to me knowing my mom spent her last months receiving the best care I can imagine.

Kate Sammler

Thank you so very much for you kind words! Your family's experience is exactly what we strive for on a daily basis for all residents at Spring Mill. We are so pleased you were happy with the care we provided for your Mom during her stay and are honored you placed your trust in us to be there for her.

Warm and Inviting

Spring Mill is a great place to visit. The community is well kept, clean and inviting. Residents and staff seem like they genuinely enjoy each other.

Stay away

My mother was there for a short time a few years ago. The head nurse kept her [removed] for no other reason than that she would cry sometimes. I visited frequently and found my mom wandering around the facility with no one paying any attention to her. There was not enough staff: we could never find anyone to answer our questions. We moved her out of there as soon as possible.

It seemed to our family that the dementia unit was an afterthought. Perhaps they have improved over the past couple of years, but I would not recommend this facility to anyone.

Personal care is not yet wh...

Personal care is not yet what she needs - we will be looking at independent living option with potential to progress to personal care later. The facility itself was nicely kept.

Spring Mill is a beautiful ...

Spring Mill is a beautiful community. Five family members went for the tour and all agreed the facility was clean, beautifully decorated, well equipped/staffed and felt more like a resort than an Assisted Living Facility. It's the type of place my husband and I would like to retire to. Lynne was very knowledgeable and able to speak from personal experience as her mother is at Sprig Mill in the Memory Care ward. We appreciated the fact the Memory Care ward is on the first floor of the facility and well secured. The place had three floors with many places to enjoy a chat, a meal, an activity, or just some quiet time. Even the Memory Ward was spacious and carefully laid out. The rooms are quite large and brightly lit, very inviting. I would recommend the facility to anyone and out of the three facilities we toured this is our second choice.

My mom lives here and we love it

My mother has been a resident in the memory care unit at Spring Mill since July of 2011. Words cannot fully convey the peace of mind that my family and I have experienced since she came to live here. First, the staff is amazing. Their dedication to the residents is beyond commendable. They truly care for each one and always treat them with dignity and respect. They love my mom and it shows with every interaction. Second, they practice the Montessori principles of caring for residents with Alzheimer’s known as, “New Direction." This philosophy focuses on engaging residents in meaningful activities both on an individual and a group level. They interact with my mom on an individual level and personally invite her to activities and meals. I am so grateful that my mom is able to benefit from this type of programming. Finally, the facility is absolutely beautiful. Only 4 years old, Spring Mill presents a warm and friendly atmosphere to residents and families. While it is lovely to look at, the staff are what make all the difference in the world. I would not want my mom to live anywhere else.

The finishes in the lobby are more elegant and they offer more services.

They have an elderly rehab. The finishes in the lobby are more elegant and they offer more services and they have basiclly a hospital on the second floor if you are coming from intensive care they will discharge you to spring mill. The rooms are a little nicer, the lobbies are a little more intricate than others. The service and care are equal to where she is now.

Fantastic Nursing Care

It was beautiful and the nursing care my dad received through Genesis Care was fantastic. The people were kind and very helpful. He also stayed in the apartments for a respite stay, and had just as good of an experience. He didn't require much care, and this was perfect for him.

Great building, people seem...

Great building, people seem well cared for, lots of amenities, too expensive. Not an option for us. 5 stars and you pay for it

All good

it's fine, everything is going great

Very new. Very nice. Spring Mill fe...

Very new. Very nice. Spring Mill felt like a hotel. This is at the top of my list.

Spring Mill Senior Living, a monthly rental community, represents a new beginning for senior living in Chester County. Offering the most extensive range of services in the area, residents receive a full suite of amenities: like meals served in a beautiful dining room, scheduled transportation to appointments, fitness & wellness programs, beauty salon and more.

Personal care services are available to those who require them, such as help with medications, getting dressed, and other services based on need.

There is also a discreet area in the community for those with memory impairment, the Compass Program, utilizing a new approach to dementia caregiving called "New Directions." Spring Mill is the only community in the region practiving this breakthrough approach to care.

In-patient and out-patient rehab services are also located on-site to round out our wide range of offerings.

Here is what sets Spring Mill apart from others in the area:
• Many apartments have patios/balconies
• Full kitchenettes, some with breakfast bars
• Largest apartments at the lowest price per square foot
• Priority access to in-patient rehabilitation located on-site
• Licensed nurses available in the community 24 hours a day
• No large entrance fee or requirement to pay "first and last month's rent" upon move-in
• No long term commitment... Stay for 30 days, 30 months, or 30 years!

So if you're looking for a community that offers choice, independence, and peace of mind in comfortable surroundings, consider Spring Mill Senior Living - a monthly rental, senior living community that was voted the best community of its kind.