Amity Place - Douglassville, PA

Amity Place - Douglassville, PA has yet not published prices.

I was very impressed with Amity Place. I feel this might be the perfect place for my mom. I don't feel she needs a lock down area at this stage of her life. Everyone was so friendly, and positive. I liked what activities are offered and how happy everyone was. Also, I have to say the place was VERY clean.

Terribly Disappointing and Very Sad

Only good if your loved one is pretty independent. They are horrible and unpleasant to them otherwise. They are ill equipped in handling elderly with dementia!!!! Do not send those you are about there if they need a lot of hands on care and/or suffering from dementia. Neither the staff nor the place are able to handle them. They falsely advertise that they can handle such needs. Unfriendly and ignorant to the illness.

Looked very nice. Would like to know more about the parent company . Also visited Chestnut Knoll

Things are going well

The management here has been very nice in working with me for my dad. They did not have the room size we were looking for so they have moved him into a larger one and he is using their furniture there until they have a smaller room available for him and I can move his furniture in for him. Dad is starting to take part in some of the activities and he likes going to the dining room to eat. the community is very nice, clean and the staff has been great with dad.

Assisted Living as it should be

We consider ourselves fortunate for discovering Amity Place, everything about it is wonderful. The staff is amazing, everyone is so attentive and caring, treating each resident as though they were close family members. The facility itself is exceptionally well maintained, clean, warm, and inviting. Each day offers various activities for the residents. The food service is far better than what can be found in other assisted living facilities, the menu is varied, tasty and attractively presented, with accommodations made for individual requirements, or alternative food choices are always available. One of the things that stands out when considering Amity Place, is that it is a perfect size, not so big as to be impersonal, and not so small as to lack the amenities that are desired in this type of facility.

Our Pick For Dad

He's doing pretty good as a new resident and he really enjoys the meals and eating very well. The staff are providing care that I am pleased with. I picked them because they are very nice, cheaper than another community, and the location was easy to get for the whole family.

Amity keeps dementia patients in with assisted living which is nice, but if your loved ones turns out to be a wanderer they could be asked to leave. For me this place is too far away.

Activities and All

I know my mom is getting really good care in the community. They are really nice looking and one of the two communities I had to choose from. Now my mom is doing okay. She recently went on an outing to the movies. She tell me she really likes the food and has even gained some weight. So far the housekeeping and cleaning are good with no issues. The staff are good and they sent me a picture of her so I can see that she is well.

Better bed side manner!

The staff here are absolutely wonderful and they are nice. We did have some issues with the night staff turning on lights and yelling at my mom to wake up and take her medication. The community was kept clean and neat.

Only one story!

I really liked this community a lot. It is all single level and then mom would not have to worry about steps or an elevator. The community was clean and smelled good. I also liked the people because they were very nice and helpful.