Amity Place - Douglassville, PA

Amity Place - Douglassville, PA has yet not published prices.

Choose a different place

This place is horrible. They charge a ridiculous amount of money for a little amount of care. They will gouge the price on your bill if you do not watch closely. They have a very high caregiver turnover rate (the pay they get is horrid). The 1st shift caregivers are not friendly or compassionate, they get irritated if they actually have to do something. The 2nd shift caregivers are great, there are new caregivers all the time. The management is horrible at this facility and within this entire company. They do not know the people that live in the community and they don't care enough to get to know them. I often hear residents wanting to pass away instead of living here.

A very warm and friendly atmosphere. The staff and administrators have been very helpful. My mother has ben at several facilities and thinks Amity Place is the best. She really enjoys the food.
The facility is nicely situated and is very peaceful. I would definitely recommend the facility.

Clean, friendly, caring

We moved my Father in law into Amity in April and for the most part we are happy with the facility and the care he is receiving. There have been a few glitches, mostly surrounding communication between the facility and us, but they are addressing that. The care he is receiving is great and he loves the food. There seems to be enough activities and outings that he does not feel stuck there. All the staff is very kind and caring and has addressed any concerns we have had about his health or his meds.
I would recommend Amity if you need a place for your loved one when they can no longer live on their own.

I was very impressed with Amity Place. I feel this might be the perfect place for my mom. I don't feel she needs a lock down area at this stage of her life. Everyone was so friendly, and positive. I liked what activities are offered and how happy everyone was. Also, I have to say the place was VERY clean.

Terribly Disappointing and Very Sad

Only good if your loved one is pretty independent. They are horrible and unpleasant to them otherwise. They are ill equipped in handling elderly with dementia!!!! Do not send those you are about there if they need a lot of hands on care and/or suffering from dementia. Neither the staff nor the place are able to handle them. They falsely advertise that they can handle such needs. Unfriendly and ignorant to the illness.

Looked very nice. Would like to know more about the parent company . Also visited Chestnut Knoll

Things are going well

The management here has been very nice in working with me for my dad. They did not have the room size we were looking for so they have moved him into a larger one and he is using their furniture there until they have a smaller room available for him and I can move his furniture in for him. Dad is starting to take part in some of the activities and he likes going to the dining room to eat. the community is very nice, clean and the staff has been great with dad.

Assisted Living as it should be

We consider ourselves fortunate for discovering Amity Place, everything about it is wonderful. The staff is amazing, everyone is so attentive and caring, treating each resident as though they were close family members. The facility itself is exceptionally well maintained, clean, warm, and inviting. Each day offers various activities for the residents. The food service is far better than what can be found in other assisted living facilities, the menu is varied, tasty and attractively presented, with accommodations made for individual requirements, or alternative food choices are always available. One of the things that stands out when considering Amity Place, is that it is a perfect size, not so big as to be impersonal, and not so small as to lack the amenities that are desired in this type of facility.

Our Pick For Dad

He's doing pretty good as a new resident and he really enjoys the meals and eating very well. The staff are providing care that I am pleased with. I picked them because they are very nice, cheaper than another community, and the location was easy to get for the whole family.

Amity keeps dementia patients in with assisted living which is nice, but if your loved ones turns out to be a wanderer they could be asked to leave. For me this place is too far away.

Activities and All

I know my mom is getting really good care in the community. They are really nice looking and one of the two communities I had to choose from. Now my mom is doing okay. She recently went on an outing to the movies. She tell me she really likes the food and has even gained some weight. So far the housekeeping and cleaning are good with no issues. The staff are good and they sent me a picture of her so I can see that she is well.

Better bed side manner!

The staff here are absolutely wonderful and they are nice. We did have some issues with the night staff turning on lights and yelling at my mom to wake up and take her medication. The community was kept clean and neat.

Only one story!

I really liked this community a lot. It is all single level and then mom would not have to worry about steps or an elevator. The community was clean and smelled good. I also liked the people because they were very nice and helpful.

Amity Place is located in the Town of Douglassville, Pa. We are conveniently located off Rt. 422 between Pottstown and Exeter Township. We pride ourselves on our exceptional care at an affordable price. Our 2009 custom built Enlivant community is one story living with bright double windows and spacious, open areas. Our services and amenities include up to one hour per day of personal care, medication management, 24 hour trained care staff, State of the art Central Exhaust System and many therapy and medical services available right in the residents' homes.

Upon entering our community you will notice our spacious, bright reception hall and activity room which leads to a covered outdoor patio. Comfortable lounge areas are situated throughout the building with three beautiful hearthstone gas fireplaces. Our large dining room is beautifully appointed and includes a private dining area for residents' families.
Our large front covered terrace and gazebo provide a comfortable area to relax and take in the nature of our country surroundings. A private lane around the community allows for our residents to walk safely, viewing the surrounding trees and rest at the many provided benches.