Luvida Memory Care - Belton, TX

Pro's: Long-term staff. Fewer patient to staff ratio.
Cons: Travel distance for family. Price - added expenses.
Location was the primary concern at tour time. I will give them 4-stars as well.

Friendly Staff!!

I have recently taken a tour of this community for my mother and I thought the experience went okay. I was not impressed with this facility like I was some of the others I had seen. It just did not have that at home feeling that I got from the other places. I will say that the staff where friendly and helpful throughout our visit.

Excellent food!!

I have no complaints about the stay my dad has been having at this community so far. They have beautiful floor plan with an open floor plan available that is very accommodating for all of the residents. The staff have been very helpful and have really taken the time to put together a great treatment plan for my father. The thing I am most impressed with is the food they serve. It is restaurant quality and I have eaten many times with him and have enjoyed my dinning experience.

great place for dementia

Luvida is a great place for anyone who needs help with their dementia. Mycompanion gets plenty of attention and help with his memory; Luvida keeps him busy for just about the right amount of time. Since this is a small house he doesn't get lost in the shuffle. He is allowed to sleep when he needs it but is not put to bed to keep him out of the aides way. He is not allowed to get bed sores from keeping him in bed. I am really pleased with his help after two other nursing homes.

exceptional

The staff at Luvida Memory Care is exceptional. For me this facility is invaluable. Mom is clean, bathed, and well fed. She isn't complaining about anybody not taking care of her. She has Alzheimer's and the staff have worked with mom to engage her. She used to be a nurse so they let her do some help around the facility related to that. I thought that was really neat. The only thing that bothers me is she doesn't have freedom to go out on the patio because she is in memory care. She feels very caged there. I wish they would at least allow the residents to go on walks or something like that. That is the only improvement I would mention. Trish, the director is wonderful, she has worked with me in every kind of way to help take care of mom. I really believe this is an exceptional facility.

really good

So far Luvida Memory Care has been really good for us. Dad has only been there for two days so far, so my experience is somewhat limited at this point, but so far things have been very good. It is a very nice facility with good staff.

improving

When my mom first came in to Luvida Memory Care, there were some issues with the level of care she received. Since then, they have brought in some new employees and a new nurse and things seem to be improving. It is too soon to say for certain though.

The quality of the activities also needed improvement, but they have made some improvements there recently as well.

Those are the main two areas where they needed to improve, and they have shown an interest and willingness to do so.

The people at Luvida Memory Care are all very kind and caring.

It is a very beautiful facility. They have large rooms and it is a very nice beautiful open place.

it was very good for my loved one i have not seen that many activities but from what i do know they seem very very good i gave the facility an over all rating of a 5 star i gave the friendliness a rating of a 5 star as well i would recommend

Home away from home

They carried for my wife in a very professional way. I was pleased with the way they treated my wife before she passed. She did not suffer. The staff was very friendly and nice.

One thing that makes us stand out is that we train our team members on specific Dementia and Alzheimer's.