Linden Village of Lebanon - Lebanon, PA

Not Impressed

I toured at Linden Village, and overall, I was not impressed with them. There didn't seem to be a very good caregiver to resident ratio here, and I didn't like that there was a smell about the community. Overall, I don't think it would have made the best fit for my loved one.

Calling it home!

Linden Village of Lebanon is a beautifully bright and airy environment for my mom who is already calling it home. Each of the cottages has a front porch with rocking chairs to enjoy the fresh air. The caregivers treat her like gold. She loves the food that they serve and that is saying a lot! They do everything they can to accommodate her and make her feel welcome. She was able to move to another table where was a better fit of companions to enjoy dinner with. There is a shared kitchen that they can get their snacks when they want to. They have a great room where she enjoys the activities that the staff encourages the residents to participate. My only concern is that they should have two caregivers per cottage instead of the one. There are times when they seem overworked by trying to do it all with the limited amount of staff. For the most part, the maintenance staff tries to keep up with repairs needed. Overall I would definitely recommend this community, especially to others who are higher functioning and need less assisted care.

Husband is In Good Hands

It was a hard adjustment at first for my husband with his move to this community. However everything is working out much better now. I do feel comfortable with his move to this community. I know he is safe, and receiving good care. The staff is good, they have been helpful, and kind. They provide nice meals, and have good activities offered for the residents. I would recommend this community, it has worked out well for us.

Great place to be!

My loved one's stay at Linden Village is going great! The grounds are kept very clean. The staff is very friendly, they make the best coffee! My loved one also has plenty opportunities to participate in activities and socialize with staff and other residents.

Nice Tour of This Community

We had a pretty nice tour of this community. The community was nice, and well maintained from what we saw. The staff was informative, and answered all our questions. They were also very kind. The experience was a good one. Unfortunately the location wasn't convenient for us.

Transitioning from one Personal Care Home to another

Thank you very much to the Linden Village Management and staff for your quick replies to my questions and assistance in finding suitable accommodations for my uncle. I appreciate your help in all regard when facing an immediate need for his care. It really helped ease the transition to a more dedicated "home."

Loving Care

I am very happy with the care that is given here for my mom. The staff is excellent and caring. The food appears to be good. They offer great activities. I recommend this community to other families.

Unhappy With The Atmosphere

The care was not good and I took my mom as soon as possible. I saw feces on the windowsill and in the toilets. There was dirty underwear left on the floor. From the activity sheet it listed watching Jeopardy and put them all in one room. I tried to walk her outside but they refused. The community is big but not the memory care and half the staff do not speak English. We counted on them as professional but they were not capable of providing care. They also gave her the wrong medications while she was here.

Nice Community, But Not The One For My Mom

My tour of this community was nice, but it wasn't the one for my mother and her needs. It is a nice looking community. From what I saw everything appeared to be well maintained. The staff I met was friendly and nice. It is a fancy community, but I didn't get a warm feeling when I was there. I had a nice tour, but this wasn't the place for my mom.

Do not recommend

Place is awful. Caregivers not found, wrong meds given, room not clean, sheets not changed for over a month, no towels or toilet paper in bathroom. Other people's clothing including opposite sex in closet. Bathroom floor always a mess. Would not recommend. No personal attention at all. Witnessed residents fall, slide out of chairs, soil themselves, and nobody around to help. Residents smell badly. Only positive is the activity people are always friendly and caring. I have nursing experience and the caregivers here are inadequate. For the cost of care here, things should be so much better.

Linden Village

MY Father is getting better, more personal care than in the skilled nursing facility he was in.

Very disappointed in what is allowed to happen

My friend who is a women is in the dementia cottage along with a man who continues to [removed]. Why are there out of control men in this building along with helpless women? You should not have to be afraid in your "own" room.

Dissatisfied

We just moved my mother out of Linden Village for several reasons. First of all, her clothing were disappearing, even though she had her name in all of her clothing. I would go to visit her and see other residents walking around wearing my mother's clothing. Often she had clothing in her own closet that clearly had other residents names on them. My mother had all her shoes and slippers disappear, the only pair she had left were the ones on her feet. The residents were left to wonder from room to room. I would find other residents laying in my mother's bed and after getting them up found they had peed in her bed. Just recently they took in a resident that clearly does not belong in that facility, he had violet outburst. I personally witnessed him choking another female resident! I find the nursing staff to be unfriendly and uncaring. I had requested a call from the medical director on several different occasions, but she never returns calls!! The only good thing i have to say, is that 99% of the aides are extremely nice, friendly and caring.

Satisfaction guaranteed

I have my mom at Linden Village and am very happy with the caregivers and her care. There is a lot of activity. They play trivia and have exercise games. Everyone likes to participate and helps with bonding and having fun. My mom is happy and that makes me happy and gives me peace of mind knowing she is in good hands. We have not been a part of the family that long but I am impressed! Rooms are all private with a half bath and a nice size. .. There is a nurse to make rounds and a Dr. that comes every week. There is also a beauty/barber shop. They have been doing upgrades and painting. Looks great!
We have mom in a personal care cottage. Cost is very reasonable.

Friendly, Caring, Involved Community

We were impressed with Linden Village at our first visit. When it was necessary to act sooner than we had anticipated, Linden Village was there to welcome us immediately. Since our relative has been there, we have seen an improvement in her overall fitness and she is having fun with all the activities. We are grateful to the staff for their hands-on care.

Transitional move

My Sister and I were very impressed by the staff of Linden Village as my father moved from an assisted living facility to Linden Village.

The staff took care of welcoming him and getting my dad settled into his new home. The transition could not have gone smoother!

A very grateful thanks!

Very nice place, overall!

Overall I think they do a great job at Linden Village of Lebanon. The caregivers are lovely, and for the most part do a great job looking after my loved one. They really did an excellent job during her transition to this community, she had an emergency while we were out of town and they had to coordinate with the hospital to get her moved in without any help from us, and they did a great job. The one complaint I have is that I wish some of the memory care staff would be a little more careful about what they say around my loved one. She is more aware than some of the other memory care residents, and sometimes the aides talk about things around her that upset her. But overall it is a very nice place, and I would highly recommend it!

To all at Linden Village who take part in some way, big or small, to make sure my grandfather is adjusting to his new home and making sure he is well taken care of...Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Ever since he has been there, he seems to be happier and less agitated and stressed. He tells me often how he is doing very well there. It means the world to me that he has such a wonderful place to call home. This cannot be easy for him, or anyone, having to give up their independence, but I believe that due to finding Linden Village, it made the process and adjustment much smoother. When I see him in group activities "smiling" or even when I visit he is on the rocking chair with friends "smiling" that just verifies that this is the place for him. Staff...you all take part in that "Smile!" Thank you.

I attended the Family Christmas Party and was very impressed with the program and thoughtfulness of the staff. This was a First Class Affair and I would like to thank all the Staff for their commitment and kindness to all Linden residents!

Thank you for helping our father and leading us in the right direction in his time of need. We appreciate all the hard work from your staff.

Just wanted to thank the staff for all you do for my father and for your profession. I live out of town giving me piece of mind knowing that my father is being well cared for. I highly recommend this community.

Disappointed

This is my second review...the first one I had posted after my parents had been in Linden just a few months. At that time, I did not see the full picture. After nearly 2 years, we have moved my parents to another facility, for several reasons. During this time, I have spent enough time at Linden to say that I would not recommend it for a person who requires memory care. Thought the number of residents is limited to 16 in each of the cottages, there are just 2 caregivers at any time caring for the residents. Many need more care than these 2 caregivers can provide. I was sometimes there when no one was around. I assume they were other residents, but it's somewhat disconcerting that there may be 6 or more residents in the TV area and no caregiver in sight. We also had a number of personal belongings go "missing"...residents do wander from room to room, since bedroom doors are not locked, but a few valuable things were taken, including 2 hearing aides. If you know the cost of them, you know the value of what's been lost.
Though clothing was clearly marked and done by staff there in the building, many items were misplaced and never returned. After visiting other facilities and seeing the activities offered and caring staff, I would strongly recommend looking elsewhere. Had a different option been available when we needed it, knowing what we now know, we'd have selected another facility.
We spoke with the staff, directors, and nurses several times regarding concerns about the care and needs of my parents and others living there. For the most part, if addressed at all, it was temporary. My entire family was disappointed in the care given to our loved ones and to all other parents, wives and husbands of other families who reside there.
I will be sharing this review with their current director. My strong recommendation is that you spend LOTS of time in whatever facility you think you might be choosing. The 'tours' show you the best...look at the rest.

The people were very nice here, someone who is higher functioning would do well. Our problem is that they weren't able to provide enough care and attention for our situation. Everything is separate, they prepare the food in a separate building, the nurses are in a separate building. There would be maybe one person in the house where my mom was, and that just wasn't enough help.

They're wonderful, they are a great place!

They're wonderful, they are a great place. they have brought a big turn-around with my mom. I've had some issues with the nurse but but it seems to be resolved right away. Just miscommunication, on little things old med list etc. They don't let them lay around and do nothing. My mom has never complained about the food and that is something because she's kind of picky. I have asked her point blank about the food, how is it and she said, it's good! The only thing, and I know this is an issue with Alzheimers patients, I don't know when my mom is showering. Usually if she has an appointment I will tell them to give her a shower and they will. If they could have a little more communication. If it was communicated a little more to me then that would be good because I don't know how often she getting shower, and I wouldn't worry about it as much. I chose this one because it was recommended to us by the family lawyer.

Seems to be going well

We're pretty happy with it; we have both of our parents there, one in personal care for memory care and one just in personal care.
It seems to be a pretty good fit for both of them. I'm not there a lot because I'm living in Florida but I was up about 2 weeks ago and things seem to be good, my sister is there almost every week and I know she has no complaints.
I don't know what things could totally be improved on because I'm not there all the time, at this point they've only been in there since mid-July so were pretty happy.

Grandfather's new home

I have a grandfather who moved to Linden Village recently. I think he has come to enjoy the events that are planned. The meals seem to be well liked. The place is very clean and the employees are helpful and very nice. My impression is that Linden Village is a nice place for him to live.

Not Enough Caregivers

We took my mother out of here. We did not like the situation in the dementia cottage where she was. My mother was sicker than we realized she was. We didn't think there were enough caregivers there. The first cottage was nice. I forget what the first cottage was that we had her in but there was 1 caregiver for 16 people and they were more independent and there was a floating nurse. We put her in the dementia cottage because she was really sick and we though she would get better with more attention.

It's a beautiful facility but my mom was not getting focused attention. It didn't seem like it was being overseen really well like once when my sibilings went to visit there was a stranger in her bed and she was in another room. We ended up bringing her home and she's doing a lot better.

I have visited this site and was plea...

I have visited this site and was pleasantly surprised, still discussing with Director. Less than 10 minutes away.

Welcome to Linden Village, a warm and intimate personal care community, situated in Lebanon County. Conveniently located close to Hershey, Annville, Harrisburg and Lancaster. Linden Village is designed to enhance community-style living. There are four cottages connected by pathways shaded by trees and enhanced with flower gardens. Each homelike cottage features 16 private bedrooms which offer plenty of closet space and private full or half baths. Bedrooms are grouped together with common family rooms, living room and dining room that serves family-style meals. Linden Village's community center offers a great room for activities and socializing, a health care center and beauty and barber shop - all conveniently and easily accessible to each cottage. Two of Linden Village's cottages offers Personal care for Dementia/Alzheimer's care and are designed and staff to meet the special needs of residents with Alzheimer's and related dementia. Linden Village is located on the same campus as ManorCare Health Services and can provide skilled nursing and Rehabilitation Services for those residents recovering from illness, injury or surgery. Licensed therapists provide physical, speech, respiratory and occupational therapy for patients recovering from major surgery, strokes, heart attacks, neurological and orthopedic conditions and other illnesses, injuries and disabilities. Services are provided in a variety of settings including: skilled nursing centers, in homes, outpatient clinics, at schools, hospitals and other off-site locations