Traditions of Hershey - Palmyra, PA

Awesome

The entire staff is awesome. Very loving and caring From the kitchen to maintenance, personal care unit and management. They cared for my mother in law to a quality second to none. We are very pleased with their personal attention to her and us, the family. If I could give them a 10 star I would. You won’t go wrong with putting the care of a loved one in their hands. They provide great activities And entertainment. [Name removed] the bus driver worked with us to get Mom to drs appointments even if it wasn’t on scheduled days. [name removed] the activities director, had first class entertainment. The kitchen provides wonderful food. If you can’t find something great to eat, you are way to picky. Their salad bar alone is awesome. Home made soups, at least 2 different entree’s. Everything was cooked to perfection. No mushy veggies with no flavor. I will stop now, just can’t say enough about this place. One more thing, their rent prices are also reasonable for what they provide, better than any other place we checked out.
[name removed]

Great care

This is a good community for excellent care. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The menu is outstanding with alot of good choices. We like that the staff is offering him to participate in activites. We would recommend this community for the good value and care for other families.

Mom is Fine in This Community

Everything is well since my mothers move to this community. She is fine, and I'am comfortable with her move to this facility. Everything is working out well, and I'am satisfied with all they have done for our family.

Extremely happy

I am very happy to say I moved my mother to Traditions Of Hershey. The staff has been wonderful with mom. My mother has adjusted to the personal care unit without any problems. I have never been to a place where all the staff was so friendly and helpful.

TLC for mom

This is a nice community. I like the staff who are caring and attentive. The have been very helpful when it comes to her special diet needs. The community is well kept. I like that she is involved with the activities. I would recommend this community for good care and value for other families.

Outstanding

Traditions is outstanding. My apartment is great.The food is very good and plentiful! The help is very helpful. I would recommend moving here to everybody! My favorite activities are bingo, pinnacle and all the bus trips [Removed] is very helpful. I am very happy.

Fabulous!

Fabulous! Wonderful! I am glad to be here. WE have a lo of activities and i keeps me busy. Housekeeping is excellent. The food is very tasty and plenty to choose from. All of the staff are friendly. It was monumental to move from my home to Traditions Of Hershey. I was the best decision I have made.

Fun place to live

Everybody is friendly and courteous.[Removed] is very good. Activities are great. We have a lot of fun. I made new friends quickly. [Removed] and [Removed] made my move in easy!

I love it!

I love it here! I should have moved in a long time ago!

Pleased

I am very pleased with Traditions Of Hershey. It is very clean. The staff goes above and beyond for not only their residents but also for family members. I have been telling all my friends to come with me! I hope they do!

Not pleased!

I was not pleased with the way that I was treated at Traditions. When I spoke with someone on the phone prior to my tour, they told me one thing and when I got there they told me another. It was not what I was looking for.

Gretchen Vakiener

We are truly sorry that you felt mistreated. Our goal is the exact opposite. To further address your experience, please reach out to the Executive Director. We are confident in the care and service we provide our residents, but always welcome opportunities for improvement. Thank you.

Could be a bit better!

I just feel that this place is not providing enough help for my dad. They are all very nice and seem to want to help though. We originally came here because we liked the size of the community and how big it was. Dad likes the food and the dining area.

Gretchen Vakiener

As you noted in your review, the team at Traditions does want to help! Have you contacted the Executive Director about your concerns? As I’m sure you know, Traditions of Hershey has both Independent Living and Personal Care. We also offer Enhanced Independent Living which provides independent seniors with just that “little bit” of additional support that they need. Please reach out so we can put a plan in place to get your Dad the additional help you are looking for!

Wonderful Tour

I had a very good tour of this community. The staff was very friendly. The experience was a good one. Everyone was very kind to my family and myself. From what I saw the community looked great, everything was nice, and well-kept. This is a very nice community.

We Had A Good Time Here

We had a good time during my wife's stay at this community. Everybody was very kind and helpful. Tammy was accommodating and nice. My wife didn't like the fact there was an abandoned house across, it wasn't nice to look at. They were quick to respond with some help when we needed it. This is a lovely community, it just was not the place for my wife.

Great Experience Here At This Community, It Is A Very Nice Place

We had a great experience here at this community, but my mother has decided to move back home. This is a very nice place, my sister and I said we are moving here when we get older. They have a very kind staff here, I knew she was in good hands here. There are many activities offered for the residents. The food is good, my family enjoyed the meals. I would say they need more of variety of food to choose from. I was very pleased with everything they did for us, and I would recommend it.

I have been living at toh for three weeks now after selling my home in maine of 30 years. toh is incredibly comfortable. everyone is really friendly an there are alot of activities I highly reccomend.

a terrific place

Overall a terrific place for my dad. The staff & quality of care is amazing. After living there for a year my dad has NO complaints. My family feels that he is safe & well taken care of in the independent living option. It is a joy to visit him every week.

Very nice place

Our experience with Traditions of Hershey was a very good one, overall! The aides are polite and friendly, and the facility itself is clean and well kept. They've been very easy to work with throughout the whole process, and I'd highly recommend them!

Great first impression. The facility was very clean, well maintained, and the staff knew each resident by name. The cost is a little on the higher end of our budget, but includes more features than other communities would charge seperately (internet, phone, etc). Small pets are permitted on any level of the independent living apartments - a definite plus! Will certianly remain high on our list of options.

Review of Traditions of Hershey Assisted Living in Palmyra, PA

Nice place. It seems a bit more geared to independent living. They started as independent and ar trying to fit personal care into the community. A little more costly than some of the others that I've looked at but apartments are larger.

Daughter

Mom and Dad are a little shy. I was worried they'd continue to feel isolated while living at Traditions of Hershey, as they had while in their own home. But the staff is amazing. They're constantly at the door of their apartment telling them about some event that is about to start and digging them out of their safety zone. Mom has become much more animated and engaged in life. She's constantly talking about this new friend or that fun event. I had to laugh when Dad told me he didn't have time to talk - they were headed down to happy hour! Our family is very pleased!

I just think it’s a very fine community.

I just think it’s a very fine community. It is an independent living community and my loved one lived here before he needed more services. This was just a very good place to be. I recommend this community to anyone that needs independent living.

It's like being in a really nice hotel.

It's very clean, plus every time they turn an apartment over the paint and recarpet, that's what they told me. So it's like my mom moved into a brand new place. They recarpeted too, because they had a carpet that had a little bit of pile to it, and put in one that was a little flatter, because they wanted something a little safer. They bend over backwards. They have two levels of care and she's in the lower level, so she doesn't use a lot of the care services. They have a ton of activies both inside and outside. I'm totally impressed by the place. The food is good, I wouldn't call it great but I would say a four out of five. Compared to the cost of other places when we were looking it's, a four if not a five out of five. The fact that it was so compact, it's all one building so there's no going from building to building or outside. It's like being in a really nice hotel.

Very Helpful People and Beautiful Facility

My father is there and we love it! It seems to be working out well. Several family members have gone to lunch with him so far and people are friendly and the food is good. The room is beautiful. It's a beautiful facility. I don't know if they're caregivers or housekeepers but they do help the elderly people with just about everything and they were so helpful.

Independent living means living without the responsibilities that come with being a homeowner. Choose from one of the beautifully appointed studio, one and two-bedroom apartments, each with their own kitchen and private bath. Enjoy a host of services and programs that encourage you to live worry-free and have extra time to pursue hobbies and interests.

More than an apartment
In addition to your beautiful apartment, you'll receive two delicious and well-balanced meals every day in the dining room, housekeeping services, and an abundance of social, recreational and educational activities.