Juniper Village at Mount Joy - Mount Joy, PA

Review of Juniper Village at Mount Joy

My mother lived at Juniper Village for a little over a year. My dad lived there also, but for only 4 months. I enjoyed visiting my parents there. The entire staff was very friendly and took very good care of my parents. They were also friendly to the family. It is well kept and clean. I would recommend it other people. In fact we did. Thank you to everyone that was involved.

Review of Juniper Village at Mount Joy

My family was so grateful for the care my mom received at JV. Every single one person involved with my mom was kind and supportive. We felt that no other place could have been a better fit.

Review of Juniper Village

With dignity and compassion, the dedicated and professional staff at Juniper Village allows our mother to live her life to the fullest by providing high quality care, balanced nutritious meals, and engaging activities. Juniper Village has enhanced the quality of life for our mother. She is happy to call Juniper Village her home.

Juniper Communities

Thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review! We will gladly share your comments with our team. We truly appreciate your recommendation.

Review of Juniper Village

Our family could not have asked for any better pace for DAD to live. We cared for ALWAYS. Fantastic staff ALWAYS. Highly recommended.

Juniper Communities

Thank you so much, your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us. We appreciate your recommendation; have a fantastic day!

Review of Juniper Village At Mount Joy Mount Joy, PA

The staff at Juniper Village is very attentive to my Mother. My Mother says the staff is nice and polite to her and she feels comfortable with the girls who come and check on her and sees that she stays active, which I appreciate.

Juniper Communities

Hi, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Juniper Village at Mount Joy! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

Very Nice Tour

My family, and I had a good tour of this community. The community looked good.The staff was very kind, and courteous. The director was very nice. If my mother was ready for my father to move to assisted living, this would be one of my top picks. It is a good community.

Juniper Communities

Hi, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Juniper Village at Mount Joy! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

1. Cheerful and very helpful care takers.
2. Nice environment.
3. Five star meals.
4. Office personal helpful.

Would recommend Juniper to anyone.

Juniper Communities

Thank you for this great review and recommendation to others!

Pleasant Tour

My family and I had a nice tour of this facility. All went very well. The staff was very pleasant.

Juniper Communities

Thank you for visiting Juniper Village at Mount Joy and sharing your experience here. Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet.

Juniper Village - Mount Joy, PA

Great place, clean, friendly, lots of activities for folks to do. Also lots of activities for family to go to as well. Nurses/caregivers are wonderful.

Juniper Communities

Brenda Loreless thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We appreciate your great review and recommendation to others.You really made our day today.

Juniper Village - Mount Joy, PA

Clean, well maintained, staff friendly, attentive to residents, love the living room & dining room, grounds well kept, beautiful flowers. Lots of activities. Receptionist always smiling, helpful.

Juniper Communities

Thank you very much for sharing these comments and recommending us to others. Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet.

Juniper Village - Mount Joy, PA

Beautiful building and grounds. friendly helpful staff. Interacts with residents. Mother is happy here. Lots to do.

Juniper Communities

Thanks Juniper Village At Mount Joy Family, for leaving us this great review. We always love to receive great feedback. Your recommendation. means the world to us.

A newer community!

My mother in law is still adjusting to living at this community. The staff are very good at keeping us updated on her care and are on top of things. The activities seem to be adequate and they encourage her to participate. The main complaint she has is that the food does not always arrive hot. They keep the community clean and I would recommend it.

Mom's Paradise

We are beyond thrilled with my Mom care at Juniper Mt Joy. The staff is wonderful and cheerful, which helps all of us when these decisions for more care are being made. Mom is happy and loves the staff. We as a family highly recommend Juniper for your loved ones care, it is a paradise.

Juniper Communities

Pam, thank you so much for this wonderful five-star review! We appreciate your recognition of our wonderful staff. We are pleased that your mom is happy. We are grateful for your recommendation to others - and we love being called Paradise! We must agree!!

Review of Juniper Village at Mount Joy - Mount Joy, PA

Before my husband's move to JV I toured 6 other homes. What set JV at Mt Joy apart was the smiles and eye contact of the staff and the residents. We felt it indicated a happy environment. JV at Mt Joy is a truly pleasant place to live; clean and well-appointed. But most important is the care my husband receives. His needs are anticipated and fulfilled with kindness. His call bell is answered promptly. We are very happy with our choice. Thank you to all the staff at JV at Mt Joy for the excellent care my husband receives.

Juniper Communities

You are quite welcome! It is truly our pleasure to provide excellent care for our residents and support for their families. We appreciate your recommendation.

Review of Juniper Village at Mount Joy - Mount Joy, PA

The time came to be that Dad was not able to safely live by himself in his house. Local referrals indicated this facility was top-notch. Dad was reluctant to make the move, and at times still is, but he regularly remarks how clean and nice it is at this facility. We as family are more than pleased with the consistent level of care given to Dad. Truly a GREAT choice for us. Highly recommend this place.

Juniper Communities

Thank you Samuel for recommending us to others. Transition is sometimes quite challenging and the decision to leave one's home is not always an easy one to make. We are happy that we have helped your father to adjust to his new home and that we have proven to be a great choice for your family.

Review of Juniper Village at Mount Joy - Mount Joy, PA

Juniper Village is a very well-maintained senior care community. The staff are very knowledgeable and helpful. The nursing staff are caring and very friendly. The residents all seem to be happy and enjoy each others company.

Juniper Communities

Thank you for this five-star review. We appreciate the recognition of our excellent staff and your recommendation to others.

Review of Juniper Village at Mount Joy - Mount Joy, PA

Nice community friendly staff. Room set up could be better for a shared room the closet area is only assessable from one residents side. Something to think about.

Juniper Communities

Hi, we truly appreciate your honest feedback.

Happy for 8 years and Counting.......

I have entrusted the care of my mother to Juniper since 2008 and have been extremely satisfied with the dedication and professionalism of the staff. They are responsive to our questions and concerns and have gone above and beyond to work with her on a daily basis. A benefit that we appreciate is that the facility is an ideal size where families can get to know the staff and communicate with them easily. I feel comfortable knowing that she is being cared for by such patient, caring individuals.

Juniper Communities

Thank you John, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience of eight years with Juniper Village at Mount Joy. We are pleased to have provided you with peace of mind in knowing that your mother is being well cared for by our patient, caring staff.

My Mother's stay at Juniper Village at Mount Joy

My Mother was in Juniper Village from August 2014 to February 23rd 2016.
She had dementia and had become some verbal. Some of the help knew how to redirect Mom and others did not. Juniper, needs to have more training for their help when it comes to dementia patients. Some of the help is very caring, others are there just for the paycheck. The week of February15th the children received a letter stating that we need to get our Mother out of Juniper Village in 30 days and find another place for her, and that we would need to provide 24 hour surveillance of Mother while she remained there. The director called both my brother and I while in church (had to leave) that Sunday morning and told us to hurry up and get the 24 hour going. With all our busy lives we did do this request until we hurried to find another place for Mom. Juniper does have a memory care, but the director did not want to put her in that part of the facility. The Director thought it was better to separate my Step Dad and my Mother instead of trying to work with the family to keep them together. It was heartbreaking the night (February 23, 2016) we had to take Mom to another place. My mother ended up falling at the place we chose to take her. She had bleeding in the brain and ended up in the trama care, then with hospice and she passed away on March 26th, 2016. We know that our Mother could have been with us longer , which hurts all of us deeply. I think this was a personal thing against the family with the Director, because we were very hands on with Mom and they do not seem to like it when we would question things. The in house doctor changed her medication without calling the family and then they wondered why Mother had changes. We questioned this and the director would not listen. Took the Doctor's side. Juniper has failed my Mother and the family. We were told from the beginning that our Mother could stay there until her end of life. They do not try to work through problems. They think it is best to get the resident out of the facility. This is why Juniper's ratings are high. They do not fool around with problem residents. They are cast aside. This has been a very sad journey for the family, but we know that Mom is having a wonderful time in heaven. God is blessing you now, Mom!!
To the staff at Juniper that cared, Thank you so much!!

Juniper Communities

We are sorry for your loss. During this difficult time we wish to be supportive of your family and extend our sincere condolences. In time we hope that you can reach out to our Executive Director to receive answers to your concerns. We maintain an open door policy and look forward to hearing from you. While we cannot comment on specific resident situations, please know that at Juniper Village, the care and safety of all our residents is a top priority.

Review of Juniper Village at Mount Joy - Mount Joy, PA

Our family is so very pleased with the individualized care of our loved one. Everyone knows each resident by name, even if they do not provide direct care for the resident. We could not be happier, and have comfort and peace-of-mind knowing that our sweet Joan is being taken care of like a family member.

Juniper Communities

Jason & Sherie, thank you so much for sharing your comments here. We are thankful that we have provided peace-of-mind to your family. It is our pleasure to care for Joan.

Review of Juniper Village in Mount Joy, PA

The staff at Juniper is professional, caring and encouraging. Their compassion for my dad was evident from the first day. They have my deepest gratitude.

Juniper Communities

Thank you Dave, we appreciate your gratitude and recommendation to others. It is truly our pleasure to provide care for your dad.

It's been really good!

Mom has been at Juniper Village for some time now and will be coming home soon. The experience we've all had there has been wonderful. The staff are very friendly and accommodating and although Mom hasn't been participating in any activities, there's plenty for the residents to do and they have tried to encourage her to participate it's just not her thing. Mom likes the food and Juniper Village is just a nice place all the way around! We are very happy with them.

Juniper Communities

We appreciate you taking the time to provide this five-star review. Our Alive In All Seasons activities program is tailored to resident needs and desires. As you mentioned, not everyone chooses to participate, but we do encourage. We are very proud of this and all of our signature programs. Thank you for placing your mother in our care, we are thrilled to see the improvement that is allowing her to return home.

Our family has been very please with the way our Mother has been taken care of. We appreciate each one of the employee's that has touched her life. She is doing well and credit this to the overwhelming care and love she receives from the staff there. So very blessed to have caring staff that truly work as a team. We are kept up to date with all that goes on and are included in all the great "Family Times" they have throughout the year. Would recommend Juniper Village of Mount Joy to anyone looking for a safe home for their loved ones.

Juniper Communities

We truly appreciate the faith you place in us by allowing us to care for your mother. Thank you for recognizing our caring staff, our communication and the fun things we do. It is our pleasure to serve! We are grateful for your five-star recommendation and look forward to continuing to care for your mother.

Peace of Mind

My grandmother recently celebrated 1 year at Juniper Village at Mount Joy. When considering senior living for her, it was very important to us that her new residence offered a balance of care and independence; one that saw past her age as a number (100 at time of admission) and recognized the independent qualities she possessed. Now, as she approaches her 102nd birthday, she continues to do many things independently with the loving support of Juniper's staff. Juniper Village at Mount Joy is a far cry from the dependence that she and many of her generation fear when considering senior care. We couldn't be happier with her care, the staff and the value.

Juniper Communities

Thank you so much for your heartfelt words. It means the world to us to be recognized by our residents and their families for not only the excellent care that we provide, but also for our ability to see each resident as an individual and work with their strengths in order to remain as independent as possible. We pride ourselves on our individualized approach to care and appreciate your recognition of that and your recommendation of Juniper Village at Mount Joy to others. Thank you!

I Wanted Only the Best for My Mom

When I had to quickly find assisted living in the Lancaster area for my 91 year old mother that met my stringent requirements for safety, cost, convenience to where I lived, caring staff, cleanliness, social program, and pleasant living environment I turned to A Place for Mom for help.

They provided me with 6 centers within my geographic search area. And after my evaluation based on my criteria, Juniper at Mount Joy was the best choice. Juniper gives you the feel of a first class hotel.

My mother quickly blended in and loves where she's living. She's made friends quickly and after just a little over 3 weeks, she is cherished by the staff just as much as she cherishes them.

That provides me with a peace of mind knowing that Juniper was the best choice for me and for my mom.

I give Juniper at Mount Joy a maximum rating for any rating system of your choice.

Juniper Communities

David, We thank you for the faith you place in us as being "only the best for mom". That is truly our aim, to provide the best possible care for our residents and provide their families with the support and peace of mind they need during this time of transition and beyond. It is our pleasure to operate a community that is noticeably a step above the rest. We appreciate you taking the time to notice and share your observations of the staff, programming and environment that we have created for our residents. We are thrilled that your mother has made new friends and knows she is cherished by us. We are blessed to be cherished by her as well. Thank you again.

Very Good

The Juniper Village at Mount Joy is very good. I would just like to see a few mores services available. I would like to see more activities and facilities. Overall, This has been a good experience. This is a nice place.

Juniper Communities

We appreciate you taking the time to provide this nice review of Juniper Village at Mount Joy. We are pleased that your experience has been a good one. We are proud of the services and activities that we offer and hope that they meet the needs of our resident's individual needs and desires. But we are always happy to make improvements to meet our residents' changing needs. If you have specific suggestions please feel free to meet with Deb Miller, Executive Director, as she maintains an open door for comments and suggestions. Thanks again for your positive comments.

Excellence in assisted living

The staff is amazing! There are always activities to participate in and the grounds and buildings are immaculate.

Juniper Communities

We appreciate your comments. Thank you for sharing your comments about our amazing staff and community.

Juniper Excellence

from the time we walked into Juniper, we felt comfortable. We noticed the residents seemed in good spirits and the staff interacted with them so nicely. the facility is very clean, and we liked the lay-out. The memory care unit is comfortable for mom and seems to fit their needs. the personal care staff have been wonderful with mom during her transition. We feel blessed to have worked with a place for mom and their guidance to Juniper.

Juniper Communities

We appreciate your comments and observations of Juniper Village at Mount Joy. We too take notice of the good spirits of the residents and staff as well as the interactions between them. We pride ourselves on our associates and the training they receive in dementia-specific care giving techniques. We are thrilled the experience was so positive for you and keep our doors open for further comments. Thank you for your referral of Juniper Village to others.

We loved Juniper Village and my children can't wait to go back and hope their grandmother moves there.

Juniper Communities

Good news to hear. We love inter-generational activities at Juniper Village at Mount Joy. We look forward to many years of interactions with your grandchildren and their grandmother. If there is anything we can do to help your family, please reach out to Mary or Deb, they are always happy to help! Thank you for sharing your thoughts, we truly appreciate that.

It is so great.

They have really taken care of my mom so well. We are so happy how she got to settle in. The level of contact they provide. I think it's because it's such a small Community, that they have a lot more hands on with their residents. It's very clean there. I am so glad A Place for Mom helped me find this place. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't have found it myself.

Juniper Communities

We are so thankful that A Place For Mom led you to our door! We are very proud of the level of personalized care we offer our residents; as well as the physical aspects of the community - such as cleanliness. Thank you for noticing the same and sharing your positive impressions of Juniper Village at Mount Joy with others here. Your personal recommendation can assist others in making decisions about long term care for their loved ones as well.

Very nice place!

They've done an absolutely fabulous job so far at Juniper Village! It's a lovely looking, well kept, clean community, and they take very good care of the people who live here! The staff are all very friendly, and they really seem to care about each of their residents as an individual. We would definitely recommend them to others!

Juniper Communities

Thank you so much for your keen observations. We are proud to say that the residents are at the heart of everything we do and we appreciate you noticing that. We also appreciate your recommendations to others. It is sometimes so overwhelming decided which community is best for your loved ones. Having information from people like you who have experienced life at Juniper Village at Mount Joy first hand really helps them make an information decision. Thank you for taking the time to share.

Review of Juniper Village at Mount Joy Assisted Living in Mount Joy, PA

Nice facility, can get apartment with divide wall btwn bedroom and living room. Has a kitchenette. This is more in line with what mom is asking for. a little more per month Also might need to change some doctors transportation available would take to and from dr. labs and rehab in house. A bit on the want ownership side for negative.

Juniper Communities

We appreciate you taking the time to share you insight with others regarding Juniper Village at Mount Joy. We agree with your positive comments about the room features as well as the additional services provided to residents by our Partners In Caring. We are happy to offer seniors the ability to age in place by providing services from these partners. Thank you for your great comments and wonderful rating.

Review of Juniper Village at Mount Joy Assisted Living in Mount Joy, PA

This place looks great - I worry that they don't have a locked memory care area

Juniper Communities

Thank you for taking the time to provide this four-star rating. We really appreciate your recommendation. You are correct, we do not offer a locked memory care area. Therefore, residents who need a secure environment might not be appropriate for Juniper Village at Mount Joy. We are always happy to do an assessment with any potential resident to determine if our community is a good fit. Please let us know how we can help.

Friendly and accommodating staff!

Things have gone very well at Juniper Village! I thought they were very in tune with what I was looking for, and they really went out of their way to work with my Mom. They are very caring, very supportive, and very easy to work with. I haven't met one person that I thought had a bad attitude! And their community has a lot to offer, if the resident is willing to engage in all of the activities they offer.

Juniper Communities

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and others who may be looking for exceptional personal care in the Mount Joy area. We are always so happy to hear such positive comments about our wonderful community, our attention to detail, our great staff and how we keep the residents at the heart of everything we do. Thank for recognizing that. We appreciate your referrals to others as well.

Mary was a wonderful host a...

Mary was a wonderful host and tour guide for my wife and I as we begin the search for a new place for my grandmother. She provided great information, answered all of our questions and truly understood and was able to relate to what we are trying to provide for our grandmother. Everyone at Juniper Village was warm and inviting. The facility is well kept, is in a quiet location and there was activity by the residents all around us.

Juniper Communities

Thank you so much for your genuine comments. We are very proud of Mary and the rest of the team at Juniper Village at Meadville. The staff is truly what makes us stand apart from the others. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts here and recommending us to other families who may be looking for a personal care community.

Loved the whole facility, p...

Loved the whole facility, parents must sell their house before anything can be done

Juniper Communities

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Good luck with the sale of the house, we look forward to having your parents with us. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance during this time. We appreciate you sending anyone our way who may also need a personal care community. We are always happy to help.

The Nicest Assisted Living Arrangement I Found

A wonderful place . I felt comfortable and happy that my husband was in good care. They made so many accommodations to address his needs. Wish he could have stayed longer.

Juniper Communities

KMD thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback here. We are pleased to have provided you with comfort and peace of mind during the time your husband resided with us. We appreciate your thoughtfulness and sharing our information with others who may need personal care for their family members.

Excellent, quality care for a loved one.

Juniper Village of Mount Joy, PA, was one of several facilities suggested to us in our search to find accommodations for my mother-in-law. When we visited the site, we found it to be attractive and clean with a qualified medical staff. Three of us made our decision and settled "Mom" in Juniper Village in Mount Joy, PA, on April 16, 2014. She has been very happy there and enjoying herself with all the various activities. We believe they have a genuine interest in providing a good, healthy environment for their guests and, if possible, an improvement in their quality of life. As a matter of fact, "Mom's" health and mobility have improved in the past few months. We would recommend this facility to anyone interested in good quality care for a loved one.E

Juniper Communities

Mary Ann, thank you so much for taking the time to relay your positive experience with Juniper Village at Mount Joy. We are so pleased that your mother-in-law is doing well at our community. The team at Juniper Village is definitely top notch and feel it an honor to care for their residents and provide support for their families. We appreciate you recommending us to other families, your words speak volumes!

This is a first rate facili...

This is a first rate facility. We could tell immediately they went out of their way to know all they can about prospective residents to make their stay enjoyable. Our guide had an answer to every question and did not hesitate with answers. The facility was clean, smelled pleasant, was brightly lit and tastefully decorated. My husband and I felt very at home here and comfortable that his mom would be at home here.

Juniper Communities

We are so pleased that your first visit to our community established what we strive to offer: to be person-centered, life affirming, values driven, attentive, responsive, compassionate, competent, innovative, socially responsible and environmentally friendly, dedicated, efficient, solution oriented and celebratory. Thank you for your comments. We look forward to living up to your expectations.

Juniper Village at Mount Joy provides the keys to unlocking a great lifestyle for senior living! At Juniper Village we believe that maintaining and promoting an active body, an engaged mind, and a fulfilled spirit are keys to healthy aging. Whether you cherish quiet activities or spirited social events, there is always a choice of activity at Juniper Village at Mount Joy. Inside you can enjoy our spacious lounge with large stone fireplace, visit our resident computer center or take part in an exercise or advanced learning class in our town hall. Savor your meals in our beautiful dining room with soaring cathedral ceiling and wall of windows bathing us in sunlight each day. Outdoors you can take a walk through our park-like paths and gardens or just sit a moment listening to the sounds of birds as you relax under our mature trees.

Juniper Village at Mount Joy is conveniently located on a nine acre campus within the borough of Mount Joy, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Our personal care community features 64 private and semi-private rooms, each with private bath, kitchenettes, and individually controlled heating and cooling.

Antique lovers and history buffs will delight in the charms of Mount Joy, a small borough situated in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Seniors who prefer a quiet, scenic area to relax throughout retirement can find comfortable assisted living here at Juniper Village of Mount Joy. This personal care facility resides on nine acres of land and provides a well-rounded list of services to senior residents. The town itself offers additional perks for those seeking a serene environment in which to spend their golden years.

Info on Mount Joy Borough

Mount Joy is a rural area located less than 30 minutes from the city of Lancaster, which has modern attractions as well as miles of farmland and a large Amish population. This portion of Pennsylvania is peppered with historic buildings, outdoor parks and beautiful wooded areas.

- Walkability: Mount Joy, PA, scores a 68 on the 100-point walk score, meaning some parts of the borough are walkable but the rest require transportation. The downtown Main Street area is the easiest place to explore by foot. Seniors who enjoy walking will also find ample space to exercise along the outdoor paths at Juniper Village.

- Population: Fewer than 8,000 people reside in Mount Joy, making it a genuine small-town experience.

- Weather: Mount Joy experiences typical northeastern weather patterns, with daytime summer highs in the 80s and nighttime winter lows in the 20s. The borough also receives an average of 18 inches of snow each winter.

Transportation

Juniper Village at Mount Joy provides residents with transportation and scheduled activities. However, capable individuals may want to travel around town with family or friends according to their own schedule. Multiple city-based transportation options are available.

- Bus: Red Rose Transit maintains a bus route from downtown Lancaster to Elizabethtown, with Mount Joy as a scheduled stop along the way. Seniors can ride any time for free if they are 65 or older. Senior citizens and those with disabilities who cannot travel to a bus stop may also be eligible for Red Rose Access, a service that transports people between their exact destinations.

- Taxi: Cabs may be available from companies located in nearby Elizabethtown and Lancaster; however, cab fare at these distances may not be cost efficient.

- Train: Mount Joy is home to an Amtrak Station. The platform and restrooms are not wheelchair accessible.

Health and Safety

Seniors at Juniper Village of Mount Joy can receive access to on-site medical care. Juniper's Connect4Life program prioritizes integrated care to ensure that all providers, from rehab specialists to the pharmacist and local hospital, are up to date on the needs of each resident. For community-based care, residents can choose from a range of qualified providers. Emergency services are available.

- Primary Care: Local medical offices for primary care include the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, the Family Health Center of Mt. Joy and a Lancaster General Health site at Cornerstone Drive. The nearest Urgent Care centers are located in Lancaster.

- Hospitals: The nearest hospital serving Mount Joy is Lancaster General Hospital. This facility also provides a few outpatient services, such as radiology and laboratory testing.

- Crime: Mount Joy has a lower crime rate than the nearby city of Lancaster, but the rate also shows a significant increase compared with other local boroughs or townships. Property crime in Mount Joy is more than 50 percent lower than the national average. Violent crime has risen steadily in recent years and surpassed the national average in 2016. Furthermore, the borough has fewer police officers than the average Pennsylvania town.

- Emergency Services: Ambulance services are provided locally by Susquehanna Valley EMS. Mount Joy also has its own dedicated fire department, which responds to 500 to 700 calls per year.

Sports and Leisure

Although Mount Joy is a small town, residents here will find many opportunities for sports and leisure. Seniors at Juniper Village can participate in staff-facilitated exercise programs and other on-site activities that stimulate the mind and body. Outside the facility, more opportunities await.

- Golf: At the Highlands of Donegal, seniors can enjoy either nine or 18 holes of golf on both weekdays and weekends. Here, seniors receive discounted membership passes for the greens and for riding.

- Gym: Mount Joy Fitness is a 24-hour gym offering a range of equipment, personal training, drop-in classes, tanning and a private room for seniors. Mount Joy is also an upcoming location for Anytime Fitness.

- Tennis: Residents in search of a tennis game can play for free at the local Lakes Park on Lakeside Crossing.

Mount Joy Attractions

Residents may also want to unwind or enrich their lives further by visiting Mount Joy restaurants, shopping establishments, historic points of interest and more.

- Restaurants: Family-style dining is available at multiple locations, including The Country Table, Gus's Keystone Family Restaurant and Mt. Joy Family Restaurant. The area is also home to pub-style establishments and several Italian eateries. For a look back in history, folks may want to check out Bube's Brewery.

- Shopping: The Main Street area features many storefronts for boutique and hobby shopping, personal banking, thrift shopping, hair styling and dining. Every fourth Friday, the downtown district hosts an evening event for the public to celebrate the downtown experience with food and entertainment.

- Churches: Mount Joy is home to multiple denominations. Main Street churches include Trinity Lutheran Church, St. Mark's United Methodist, New Path Community Church and First Presbyterian Church.

Juniper Village at Mount Joy is a lovely setting for seniors who want to experience rural life with the assistance of caring professionals. Mount Joy features the small size and charming assets of a tight-knit community while being close to cities with larger establishments. Between Juniper Village and Downtown Mount Joy, residents will find numerous opportunities for joining activities, socializing and gaining new experiences.