We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
Juniper Village at Mount Joy provides the keys to unlocking a great lifestyle for senior living! At Juniper Village we believe that maintaining and promoting an active body, an engaged mind, and a fulfilled spirit are keys to healthy aging. Whether you cherish quiet activities or spirited social events, there is always a choice of activity at Juniper Village at Mount Joy. Inside you can enjoy our spacious lounge with large stone fireplace, visit our resident computer center or take part in an exercise or advanced learning class in our town hall. Savor your meals in our beautiful dining room with soaring cathedral ceiling and wall of windows bathing us in sunlight each day. Outdoors you can take a walk through our park-like paths and gardens or just sit a moment listening to the sounds of birds as you relax under our mature trees.
Juniper Village at Mount Joy is conveniently located on a nine acre campus within the borough of Mount Joy, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Our personal care community features 64 private and semi-private rooms, each with private bath, kitchenettes, and individually controlled heating and cooling.
Antique lovers and history buffs will delight in the charms of Mount Joy, a small borough situated in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Seniors who prefer a quiet, scenic area to relax throughout retirement can find comfortable assisted living here at Juniper Village of Mount Joy. This personal care facility resides on nine acres of land and provides a well-rounded list of services to senior residents. The town itself offers additional perks for those seeking a serene environment in which to spend their golden years.
Info on Mount Joy Borough
Mount Joy is a rural area located less than 30 minutes from the city of Lancaster, which has modern attractions as well as miles of farmland and a large Amish population. This portion of Pennsylvania is peppered with historic buildings, outdoor parks and beautiful wooded areas.
- Walkability: Mount Joy, PA, scores a 68 on the 100-point walk score, meaning some parts of the borough are walkable but the rest require transportation. The downtown Main Street area is the easiest place to explore by foot. Seniors who enjoy walking will also find ample space to exercise along the outdoor paths at Juniper Village.
- Population: Fewer than 8,000 people reside in Mount Joy, making it a genuine small-town experience.
- Weather: Mount Joy experiences typical northeastern weather patterns, with daytime summer highs in the 80s and nighttime winter lows in the 20s. The borough also receives an average of 18 inches of snow each winter.
Juniper Village at Mount Joy provides residents with transportation and scheduled activities. However, capable individuals may want to travel around town with family or friends according to their own schedule. Multiple city-based transportation options are available.
- Bus: Red Rose Transit maintains a bus route from downtown Lancaster to Elizabethtown, with Mount Joy as a scheduled stop along the way. Seniors can ride any time for free if they are 65 or older. Senior citizens and those with disabilities who cannot travel to a bus stop may also be eligible for Red Rose Access, a service that transports people between their exact destinations.
- Taxi: Cabs may be available from companies located in nearby Elizabethtown and Lancaster; however, cab fare at these distances may not be cost efficient.
- Train: Mount Joy is home to an Amtrak Station. The platform and restrooms are not wheelchair accessible.
Health and Safety
Seniors at Juniper Village of Mount Joy can receive access to on-site medical care. Juniper's Connect4Life program prioritizes integrated care to ensure that all providers, from rehab specialists to the pharmacist and local hospital, are up to date on the needs of each resident. For community-based care, residents can choose from a range of qualified providers. Emergency services are available.
- Primary Care: Local medical offices for primary care include the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, the Family Health Center of Mt. Joy and a Lancaster General Health site at Cornerstone Drive. The nearest Urgent Care centers are located in Lancaster.
- Hospitals: The nearest hospital serving Mount Joy is Lancaster General Hospital. This facility also provides a few outpatient services, such as radiology and laboratory testing.
- Crime: Mount Joy has a lower crime rate than the nearby city of Lancaster, but the rate also shows a significant increase compared with other local boroughs or townships. Property crime in Mount Joy is more than 50 percent lower than the national average. Violent crime has risen steadily in recent years and surpassed the national average in 2016. Furthermore, the borough has fewer police officers than the average Pennsylvania town.
- Emergency Services: Ambulance services are provided locally by Susquehanna Valley EMS. Mount Joy also has its own dedicated fire department, which responds to 500 to 700 calls per year.
Sports and Leisure
Although Mount Joy is a small town, residents here will find many opportunities for sports and leisure. Seniors at Juniper Village can participate in staff-facilitated exercise programs and other on-site activities that stimulate the mind and body. Outside the facility, more opportunities await.
- Golf: At the Highlands of Donegal, seniors can enjoy either nine or 18 holes of golf on both weekdays and weekends. Here, seniors receive discounted membership passes for the greens and for riding.
- Gym: Mount Joy Fitness is a 24-hour gym offering a range of equipment, personal training, drop-in classes, tanning and a private room for seniors. Mount Joy is also an upcoming location for Anytime Fitness.
- Tennis: Residents in search of a tennis game can play for free at the local Lakes Park on Lakeside Crossing.
Mount Joy Attractions
Residents may also want to unwind or enrich their lives further by visiting Mount Joy restaurants, shopping establishments, historic points of interest and more.
- Restaurants: Family-style dining is available at multiple locations, including The Country Table, Gus's Keystone Family Restaurant and Mt. Joy Family Restaurant. The area is also home to pub-style establishments and several Italian eateries. For a look back in history, folks may want to check out Bube's Brewery.
- Shopping: The Main Street area features many storefronts for boutique and hobby shopping, personal banking, thrift shopping, hair styling and dining. Every fourth Friday, the downtown district hosts an evening event for the public to celebrate the downtown experience with food and entertainment.
- Churches: Mount Joy is home to multiple denominations. Main Street churches include Trinity Lutheran Church, St. Mark's United Methodist, New Path Community Church and First Presbyterian Church.
Juniper Village at Mount Joy is a lovely setting for seniors who want to experience rural life with the assistance of caring professionals. Mount Joy features the small size and charming assets of a tight-knit community while being close to cities with larger establishments. Between Juniper Village and Downtown Mount Joy, residents will find numerous opportunities for joining activities, socializing and gaining new experiences.