Arden Courts of Elk Grove - Elk Grove Village, IL

Genuinely Caring, Clean, Well-Managed

I've got nothing but praise and gratitude for the management and staff of Arden Courts at Elk Grove. My Mom was living alone and became hospitalized in November, [date removed] from a fall. As a divorcee, she was living alone. It was at that time the hospital doctor strongly advised me to place her under memory care. After a week, she transitioned to a skilled nursing facility for rehab. A month later we moved her into memory care at Arden Courts, where she continues to live.

Anybody that has had to do this for their parent knows that it is an emotionally trying experience - to say the very least. It's also been a steep learning curve for myself and my family to understand and come to terms with Dementia, while at the same time taking on guardianship duties, managing her bills, navigating through hospitals, dealing with doctors and lawyers, etc.

We shopped around and visited numerous facilities for memory care, and this was the place that felt most like it could be home for her. The folks at Arden Courts are attentive, conscientious, and loving toward my Mom. I tend to have a cynical orientation esp. when dealing with large organizations. But the folks over there genuinely "go the extra mile". One of the added benefits we found with the Elk Grove location is that there's a skilled nursing facility next door that handles rehab.

I think it's important to find a place that resonates with your sense of well being, and obviously is clean, well-managed, etc. For us we found we've found that experience at Arden Courts.

Pushy Follow UP

My tour of this community was decent. When I first arrived for my appointment, I asked for the person who was suppose to give me to the tour. For 45 minutes I waited for someone to come give me the tour. Also we toured the wrong side of the community at first. After the tour was done the sales lady was very pushy. She didn't allow us time to think about our decision.

I Saw Different Levels of Memory Care

When I toured I saw that it was too small for my mother-in-law. They had mixed stages of memory care for the residents. They were all in the same location. I thought this would not work for an early dementia person. No private showers were available.

Excellent Care for my mom

We are very happy with this community. My mom is happy here and likes all the activities offered for her. The staff is very nice and helpful. The food is good and the variety. I would recommend this community highly to other families.

A great Tour!!

I took a tour of the community. The tour guide showed me all around and answered all of my questions. The community looked clean. Staff that i got to meet during the tour were nice. The guide was smart and explained all of the amenities the community offers to the residents.

Since moving into Arden Courts my brother has been very active!!

My brother enjoyed a bbq this past weekend as well as they had a barbershop quartet come and sing. I have had some minor issues with the staff ordering supplies and not notifying us but we are working on resolving this issue. The caregivers are very nice. I have not yet eaten there but my brother likes the food. The community is very well maintained. I also wanted to thank A Place for Mom for their help in this process.

New resident

To soon to rate care givers and activities .

A Wonderful Place

I am so impressed by how the caretakers handle the dementia and memory-care unit residents. They were very gentle and compassionate with these people and I never heard anyone raise their voice, because sometimes there were problems with the residents, but the staff immediately jumps in and resolves them. It is just a wonderful place.

Wish Mom could have lived there sooner

The staff there was so wonderful. I witnessed Darlene( staff) feeding a resident with such compassion, I almost cried. The staff was talking to the resident while feeding her, asking how her day was, how nice she looked and never acted like it was a chore. My Mom was dressed every day and even had her hair "styled", courtesy of Claudia(staff) Which made her feel special. I have only one regret. that I didn't find this wonderful place for her sooner. I enjoyed every visit with her in this beautiful place with all of the surroundings. There are safe places outdoors with bird feeders that she could wheel around and get some different views. There was a family setting in the T.V. room that had a fireplace and many recliner chairs- even quilts were supplied if she or others were chilly. There was peace in this place that gave both Mom and me comfort. The meals were wonderful as well, The residents ate in their own kitchen area with linen table clothes and real dishes, not plastic. This I am sure made all the residents feel like they were really at home.

Hire a dishwasher.

Place is friendly and caring. Caregivers are given too much housekeeping chores. This time could be better spent assisting with residents who require help eating. There is no reason caregivers should be responsible for doing dishes and pans. Firstly it takes too much time and secondly it is a disturbance to the residents when dishes are slammed into the cabinets. Floors could be swept up by housekeeping. Caregivers should be providing care and fun with the residents.

It was a very nice place

It was a very nice place

Welcome to Arden Courts, a center providing residential care in a secured setting to those in the early to mid stages of Alzheimer's disease or related dementia. Residents have the freedom to pursue their own interests in a home-like environment. Independence is encouraged with specially trained staff providing assistance in a warm and caring manner when needed. Structured activities led by trained programming staff are offered all day, seven days a week, to maximize independence and well-being. Entertainment is brought in regularly, and frequent outings are planned. Family involvement is encouraged, with children and animals always welcome. Our common areas include a craft room, outside courtyards with a variety of birds, wide hallways, a community center and a beauty shop. On summer days, our ice cream stand roams the building.