Dorset Place - Assisted Living - Oklahoma City, OK

Dorset Place - Assisted Living - Oklahoma City, OK has yet not published prices.

Great place!

Nice facility but too much like a nursing home. Rooms were very small

Very nice

Very nice community and friendly staff. It was a smaller community which we liked.

Very nice and clean. Nice staff. Excellent set up on the apartments and safety concerns. Very small community turned out not to meet my mother's needs.

Much Improved

This community has come leaps and bounds in the past year or so and the remodel brings the look to the same standard as care. I highly recommend them!

Made Me Feel Very Confinded

I did not like this community at all. First of all, you had to buzz in which is a nice security feature but the amount of time that we had to wait was a little more than I cared for. It is not a very big community very small and confined The resident's rooms appeared very small in size.

Better care

This is a not a community that I would recommend. The community was not giving us the care that we needed. We found that they did not take care of his personal needs. The community was not clean. This community is not giving the residents the care that they deserve. We could not recommend this commentary for the care to anyone.

Best Care for mom

I like the care at this community. The staff is nice and caring and very attentive. The menu is good a nice variety of healthy meals. They do have a lot of nice activities for the residents who want to participate. My mom does enjoy being with the others. We would be happy to recommend this community for other families.

Dorset Place staff was friendly and provided a nice tour.

Things are fine...

My father is still adjusting to the changes since moving into this community. The place, for the most part, is clean, but sometimes on the weekends the trash is not taken out. Also, my father has his dog with him and he can not always find someone to unlock the doors so he could take the dog outside to do its business. Other than that, we like that it is a single story building and we are pleased with the care so far.

Would NOT recommend

Our experience with Brookdale North West 122nd Street was a very poor one. We had my loved one evaluated, and they told us they'd be able to handle all of her care needs and she'd be a great fit. A few weeks later they are telling us she is disruptive and they are kicking her out of the community. Based on our experience I would NOT recommend this community.

bad first impression.

I was irritated at Sterling House of Oklahoma City North initially. We signed the contract in June. I was under the impression we wouldn't have to pay until August. We ended up getting a bill before I thought we would. It just got us off to a bad start. They didn't work with us and we got the run around. Very bad first impression. Grandma does like the room. They loaned us furniture which I thought was helpful while we were waiting to get her set up. However the room was not fully set up right when we got there with Grandma so that was disappointing. Grandma enjoys the food there. Overall we like the place but we did get a bad first impression.

We were searching for the right place for our mom and had very little time to transition her from the hospital. Sterling House assisted us within a very short window. They offered comfort when our mom needed it most.

Our mom was pleased with the smaller environment. She was very complimentary of the staff and said the food was excellent.

Good place, overall

Overall I think they do a good job at Sterling House of Oklahoma City. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the aide staff are friendly and helpful. It has been a tough adjustment for my loved one, but overall I think Sterling House has handled things well. I do think the nursing director could be more personable, she has been hard to work with in regards to getting things set up with my loved ones current doctors.

very happy

They have done exceptionally well in making my mom feel welcome and comfortable. They have done a really good job getting her involved and engaged, bringing her out for activities, making sure she has others to dine with, wtc.

Overall I am very happy with Sterling House of Oklahoma City North, and so is mom.

Good Food, Care, and Acitivities

The cost is really good because we got a discount, $1000 off for the first 18 months so that was really enticing. As far as I know they have pretty good activities. One thing that my dad really likes is that they take them on drives, sight seeing around the city. The last couple of time I've been there that hasn't been on the schedule so it would be nice if they would reinstate that.

It's a secure facility which is best for my dad because he was kind of wandering off. There are alarms on the door so you can't just walk out. He's doing great there.

The only concern we have is the billing. They've gotten that all mixed up but the care and stuff seems to be really good. He's always clean and they have a salon there so they cut his hair. The food it good. It has a lot of flavor.

Dorset Place, a retirement community in Oklahoma City, is a pet-friendly assisted living care provider. The community combines compassion with logistical support to create a care approach that keeps residents both emotionally and medically supported throughout the year. The on-site registered nurse is available to provide assistance to all residents on a 24-hour basis, guaranteeing that help is always fully accessible whenever residents need it. Dorset Place puts residents in close proximity of sight-seeing, dining and shopping destinations for any excursions they'd like. Residents who have conditions that cause memory impairment can receive specialized memory care for dementia and Alzheimer's.