LaurelHurst & LaurelWoods - Columbus, NC

This facility stands out!

I am very pleased with the experience so far! The staff and facility are great and make my loved one feel so comfortable! Out of all of the facilities we toured, this facility really stood out to us!

A BIG THANK YOU!!!!!!

Thank you so much!!! Helping us was such a big relief, you had all the answers we were looking for!!! Thank You

A strong recommendation

My first pleasant surprise was hearing from A Place for Mom at 8AM, the morning after a late-night internet search. The second was the call from Laurel Woods soon after. [Removed] met with me the day after Thanksgiving and my mother is already in Memory Care there. Yes, I was lucky there was one bed available, but all of the staff has been wonderfully helpful and supportive through the entire process of getting my mother transferred here from NY. I am particularly impressed with the Executive Director's in-depth knowledge of the different types of dementia and their very different manifestations at different stages. The staff on Laurel Lane is kind and clearly dedicated to the well-being of their residents. I also have friends with relatives currently or in the past in independent living, assisted living and memory care and all have spoken very highly of this facility. A fellow Hospice volunteer who has worked their over a period of 10 years tells me she has always been impressed with the cleanliness and the care given.

We had a very nice tour with Michael and discussed the financial ramifications of a move. From all of the facilities we have seen, this is our top choice.

Lovely Community!!

I went on a tour the staff was very nice. I liked that it was a very small community. It was very well up kept and cleaned. It needs newer carpets. I did try a meal i was not very happy with it. I feel if it got a little more updated it would be a wonderful community.

very friendly staff

I really can't think of anything they can do to improve at LaurelHurst & LaurelWoods. Everybody there is very welcome. Mom seems to have a very caring staff that works with her and genuinely cares for her.

40 miles from Asheville

40 miles from Asheville

have been here and met the director- ...

have been here and met the director- same issue as above- lovely facility and so is the director.

Experience lodge-like living while soaking up gorgeous views of the Blue Ridge Mountains at LaurelHurst. From thoughtfully designed one- and two-bedroom floor plans to the world-class services and myriad recreational and social opportunities, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. We provide Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care in Columbus, North Carolina, in conjunction with the neighboring LaurelWoods community. The combined campus features a full calendar of activities and social programs to offer residents a rewarding, enriching lifestyle in a relaxed atmosphere of warmth and caring that promotes companionship. Our apartment homes boast kitchens with full-sized appliances and screened in porches for the ultimate comfort with a number of safety features such as emergency response systems, smoke alarms and sprinklers providing peace of mind for loved ones. Our caring and professional staff administers special nutritional counseling and housekeeping and laundry services with plans tailored to each resident. A medical director also is available for scheduled appointments. Just off of Interstate 26 and across the street from St. Luke’s Hospital, our community is convenient to a number of medical, dining, shopping and recreation options.