Delightful location and delightful community

The Director at Thrive, Greer, SC, responded to my inquiry from A Place for Mom promptly and followed up to answer my questions. During the tour I took of the facility, he spent a lot of time with me. I noticed the community is spacious, was clean, and well-lit. The staff seemed pleasant
and engaged with the residents. The residents themselves seemed pleasant, engaged, and happy.

The apartments (which are mainly private, designed for one person, though there are some couples there who live together in a double-occupancy situation,) were of good size and the monthly investment for the services for each resident are reasonable. I LOVED the safety features of the apartments and bathrooms! They are VERY accessible for walkers, wheel chairs, or senior feet!

There are indoor as well as outdoor spaces for walking, sitting, eating, and socializing. There are common spaces to socialize (if you want to use a living room to watch TV with your family, I'm sure one will be available). There's a private dining room for family events!

There's a calendar of daily and weekly activities for the assisted living-level of care as well as for the memory care level of care. A small number of the residents have their own cars.

It's a big decision to help a family member move to assisted living, but the community at Thrive is certainly one where I could see my parent living quite happily, with nearly whatever level of assistance she needs. (The community doesn't have a skilled nursing level of care, but there are a number of nearby places which could provide that in the event it becomes necessary). Thrive seems a happy place to live!

My dad is at Thrive since the end of April. He seems to be moderately satisfied. Housekeeping had been an issue. Activities during the day are minimal. They seem to go out to eat frequently. We had some struggle with medication details.[Removed] is not very friendly.

Relocated

With a heavy heart, we have moved our mother to another facility. We appreciate the care given to her during her year stay, but since the original director left it no longer feels like home.

It's time for a change.

We are moving my dad to another community. Since the change in director, the overall atmosphere has changed. We appreciate the care provided, but feel it is time to move on.

Nice Community, Tour Went Well

This a nice community, and my tour of it went well. From what I saw the community is well maintained. The staff I met was friendly, and nice. It was a pleasant tour, but it wasn't the community for my mother.

We love it!

Mom is doing good and we are really pleased with the community and the staff that works here. The meals are okay, but I am a little upset that they said they feed the residents healthy food and low sodium and instead mom is not getting fed that way. The community is outstanding with the cleaning. it does not smell of urine and disinfectant.

Bad Food

I was so happy to find a new facility close to my home for both my parents.
The memory care side is totally full from my understanding and the staff seems stretched too far to help adequately on the assisted living side. They need more help.
However, everything taken into consideration the staff is doing the best can with limited hands, with one exception. The food is poor to horrible! My mother described today's lunch which was suppose to be beef chuck roast as dog food. There was a huge piece of fat and gristle with some beef sitting in a pool of grease.
This has been an on going problem since they opened. I don't know why something isn't being done. A quick, you're fired would start.
Thanks for listening, a very concerned daughter.

Thank you, A Place for Mom! My wife has been at Thrive for a couple of weeks now and everything is great. She has adjusted well and the staff has helped me adjust also. Your assistance in finding the right place is very appreciated.

Favorite in the Area

Toured after A Place for Mom suggestion. Great facility, but we decided to move to another state near our son.

A Lifesaver!

Our mother has lived here for over 3 months. In that time, I have watched her become more social, eat better and our visits are much more enjoyable than before. She's happy and the entire staff treats our family with as much love as they do her. I could not ask for anything better.

Friendly but not very clean. Second floor and stairs not locked so anyone can climb stairs. Very pricey.

Dad is happy here. I visit daily, so the staff have become like family too. I leave everday knowing he is taken care of and loved.

Beautiful and Compassionate Assisted Living

The Staff is very caring and compassionate.

The Facility is beautiful and has lots of extras in the Resident Suites and also offers many wellness services.

They have an excellent Chef, their food is very good!

This is what Assisted Living should be, it is home...

Mom is very happy here!

We shopped around and Thrive was our last stop. We reserved mom's apartment before leaving. She has dementia and their memory care is so nice. It is a separate neighborhood where the residents can be themselves without judgement. We were given a copy of the activity calendar for January specialized for them. I think she will adjust well and maybe come out of her shell.

First impression was great, I knew that I liked the people and facility in the first visit. I checked out other facilities just to compare and I came back to Thrive.

I have looked at three other places for my mother in law and decided this is the one. They will have LPNs that will give out medicines, which is different from the others I visited.

Great

Toured today. Going to discuss with my brother and put down a deposit for our dad next week! The management has worked at other places and seem to want to make this one different. I spent over an hour with them today and they were patient and helpful.

89 Brand new units. This is the most expensive so far but is going to be a very beautiful property. All 25 of the one-bedroom are taken. All levels of care are included in one price. In other words, when you move in your cost stays the same no matter what level of care you need. If your neighbor needs a higher level of care, it is included in your price. So all monthly fees are the same.

New community opening in November and I'm happy to say that we have reserved an apartment for our mother. She is currently in another facility and is excited to make the move. We were very pleased with our visit there.

Very friendly staff at the Welcome Center. Reserved our parents apartment last week. Can't wait for them to open!

Experience Assisted Living Like Ypu've Never Seen Before!
Comprehensive Care and Support at no additional charges.