Manning Place - Greer, SC has yet not published prices.

Not a good place

The staff held mail and did not give it to my sister when she was unable to access her mailbox. After her death, mail was returned to sender. I hate that she probably thought no one cared at Valentine’s and other times when we were unable to visit her in person. Shameful! Her room, especially her bathroom, always needed cleaning when we visited. I would never recommend this facility.

Very nice facility. [Removed]was very helpful and offered sound advice to help me make my decision regarding placement for my Mother. Facility is more geared for assisted living than for memory care.

Wonderful Experience For My Grandmother In This Community

My grandmother is having a wonderful experience since her move to this community. We do feel comfortable with her living in this facility. They have a good staff, and they have been attentive towards her, and her needs. Whenever we visit the community is always clean, and well maintained. The meals are good from what I have heard. The only issue we are having is since she moved in 30 days ago, the cost of her living as gone up. This is a community I would possibly recommend, but hopefully they can correct the financial issue.

The smell has got to go!

We did not like the this community at all. The smell was bad of urine and disinfectant. The staff was cordial enough to us, but that did not make up for the cleanliness. The rooms also looked like a small closet in a hotel room. It just was not a good fit.

The First Meeting I Met With Everyone

We are real pleased with the community and she is doing really good here. On our tour we met with all the staff including the nurses. It is a smaller community and the staff are real personable and good. I have not had any issues and we are glad to have found them.

Great Care!

My mom is happy here. The staff is caring and very helpful. The food is good and appealing. The activities are very good to stay active. We would recommend this for good care for loved ones.

Very clean,friendly, attentive to specific needs and work with family.

Review of Manning Place - Greer, SC

Beautiful facility

I have recently moved out of town and called Manning to inquire about my mom. I was informed by one of their staff that I could no longer call to inquire about my mom. What kind of prison is this when they don't tell you about your mom? Seems the staff need to be investigated.

What is happening to all of the staff?!? The environment is unstable and they just raised the rates. We have hung in there as long as we can. Currently looking to move after the first of the year.

Things are going well

Things are going very well here at Manning Place. The staff is great and the facility is always clean from what I can see. The activities for the residents seem be appropriate and fun. We do not have any complaints so far.

We originally found the facility through A Place for Mom and were happy with the price. Then the level of care went up and my mom is getting less attention than before. The nurse and director quit. Unfortunately we are now starting our search over. She deserves to be taken care of by staff that want to be there. We are touring two places today and hope to find the right one this time.

To much turnover in staff and management. I wouldn't be comfortable moving my father in.

Manning Place Greer, SC

Manning Place was the obvious choice! I was looking for an assisted living facility for my father. A Place for Mom recommended Manning Place. The location, facility, and staff was perfect. Everyone was professional and friendly. My father is happy, safe and well cared for. I live far away so I have peace of mind knowing that Dad is in good hands.
Thank you A Place for Mom and Manning Place for helping me with the whole process!

Administration Destroying Place

The Manning Place was a great place but has gone downhill since the new admistration has taken over. They have a bad turn over rate when it comes to staff.Its like the administration doesn't care about their employees or their moral. So that the admistration has 1 caregiver to 32 residents & 1 medtec on first & second shift to do all the Activities of Daily Living, pass meds, & serve meals. My father was there for 1 month & thats when I got him out of that awful place.

Really like this place. I would be very comfortable living here. The residents and staff seem wonderful and we were able to talk to both as well as go on a tour.

Less than adquate care

We are currently looking for a place to move my parents. Manning Place claims to provide dementia care, but simply raises the price and no extra care added. A complete rip-off with management that only sees $$$.

Not The Same

This was a great community but has gone down hill in the past couple of months. They only care about heads in beds and it's sad. We moved my father out.

Friendly, communicative staff

We're very pleased with how things have gone at Manning Place so far! The staff here are friendly and professional, and they've been absolutely great about communication. They keep us in the loop about how my loved one is doing, and they respond immediately to any questions or concerns that we bring up. Mom really seems to be doing well here!

A good place for my father

It's a good place for my father. It's very nice. I like that the facility is small with one floor. Overall, The Manning Place is a good community. The facility is nice.

I really liked this place. We are moving mom into it today if all goes well.

A Good Place

It is a very welcoming place family member seems happy and the staff is warm.

Best in town!

The $5000 price is a little steep. If you require that much assistance, assisted living may not be the right choice. They base the price off of apartment fee and level of care. The bigger the apartment, the higher the price. The same goes for level of care. My mother has a studio apartment, assistance with medications and assistance with bathing. Housekeeping, laundry, meals and linen changes are all included. She had her own mailbox and loves to go on the outings. Staff is very caring and management also available to answer questions and provide help.

Gorgeous location, but too expensive

We liked Manning House very much. It had a beautiful outside location which we thought my mother in law would like but it was more money than the rest of the ones we were looking at. We were trying to look for a place where she could stay long term but other than the price point, it seemed very pretty, we loved the location, we loved the place.

Manning Place is located just outside of Greer, South Carolina. Most resident rooms look over the greenery surrounding us or our lovely enclosed courtyard. The enclosed courtyard is a popular place for sitting under a tree with friends and enjoying the fireflies on a summer evening.

We offer a full schedule of engaging activities such as movie nights, themed family nights and pet therapy. Our comfortable common areas include:

•Beauty and barber shop
•Computer room with internet access
•TV room with library
•Restaurant style dining room
•Activity room for socialization and games
•Private dining room for entertaining guests
•Exercise room with classes adapted to individual needs and abilities
•Outdoor gardening area
•Resident spa

We have a nurse available at all times to ensure knowledgeable care around the clock. For more serious matters we have three hospitals within ten miles of our community, the closest being Greer Memorial. We have a respite and transitional care program for short stays and provide urgent placement for patients coming out of the hospital. We offer medication management, chronic disease monitoring as well as assistance with daily living tasks. We also coordinate transportation for residents who have doctor or other appointments. Menus are planned by a registered dietician and served three times daily in our spacious dining room. Residents have a choice of starter, entrees and desserts and snacks are always available.