Carolina Reserve of Hendersonville - Hendersonville, NC

Carolina Reserve of Hendersonville - Hendersonville, NC has yet not published prices.

Care is overall good

My family member is in the memory care unit at Carolina Reserve. The staff is friendly, but it is easy to get "jaded" working with this population and some of the staff seem annoyed at times. The CNA's who dispense medications have a "round the clock" duty and are glued to their computer screens and administering medications; it would be lovely to have more staff. The CNA's do an excellent job. The best part of Carolina Reserve are the activity director(s) who are very friendly and engaging. I would love it if they had more of a variety of activities and MUSIC at all times in the lobby! Music changes depression in dementia and Alzheimer's patients. Overall, my family member's experience has been good...the number one complaint from him/her is boredom.

Everyone is friendly and caring

A nice tour

This looked like a nice clean community when I visited. The people I met were nice. This is a secured community for memory care and my loved one was not ready for this type of community.

Under new management!

When my loved ones first moved in, this facility used to be named Spring Arbor. They recently sold and there are some things they need to work on. Before changing, the food was great. I ate there a couple of times. Now, the food is not as good. It lacks in flavor and it is served cold. Other than that, the staff is still very nice, they are short staffed, but the staff that is there is attentive and the facility is very clean. It's a good place, just in need of some work.

Could use some improvements!!

My loved one has really had a hard time the first couple weeks at this community. I think the staff could use a lot of improvement in organization. My husband has been stuck in the bed or a chair and is just left all day with no help. This is becoming a problem because he is getting multiple bed sores on his body that are very painful. I have been very concerned for him and the lack of help he is getting throughout his day. I also have noticed a strong odor throughout the building the last couple days that are not very pleasant.

Pleased with him here

So far, sorta good. I say him yesterday and he's a lot better than I've seen him in a long time after they straightened out his medications. There seems to be just enough to keep him busy, there is a piano, so long as he has a piano somewhere that he can get to once in a while. I went to a support group there yesterday and a woman who was coming in to visit someone plays the flute so she played with him and he had a good time with that. He seemed more talkative than he had been in a long time and I could understand him.
I had visited it before, it seemed pretty nice to me and it was closer to home. It's spotless, very good, they had a dinner a few weeks ago for anybody who wanted to attend and it certainly wasn't as elegant, but it was very very nice. It gave us an opportunity to meet with the nurses and the staff