Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center - Mount Laurel, NJ

Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center - Mount Laurel, NJ has yet not published prices.

Poor Care and No Communication.

My mother was transferred to his facility following a short hospitalization. This facility was chosen for the on site dialysis since my mother was a 4 year dialysis patient. Shortly after admission she developed a cough that only progressed in severity. Attempted to bring it to staff attention for several days without success. Her conditioned only worsened which caused for aggressive and daily calls to staff of all levels if anyone would answer the phone. Long story made short my mother passed away from complications of pneumonia, flu and c-diff. Anyone with medical background knows how contagious the flu is and how c-diff is spread.
This facility is really not much different than all the rest. Each patient needs a advocate or they will be lost and forgotten.

Lack of Communication and Care...

My family was new to senior rehabilitation care and this was the most shocking, frustrating, and unprofessional experience we could imagine.

We arrived there from a local hospital and ONLY chose this facility because of the location of dialysis on-site.

We are now leaving the facility after 3 weeks in worse or the same condition with my parent being transferred back to the hospital.

Communication and Care is almost NON-Existent. Very basic service. Non responsive to patients. Call button either ignored or 40 minutes plus for care response. Patients often found sitting in their feces.

This is an ACCOUNTING FIRM and not a care facility. Understaffed and from the staff perspective, under paid.

A "Nurse" had a post-it-note scotch taped to her shirt with her name and "RN" printed on it...

Two (2) weeks without

If you care for your parent or spouse and can utilize another facility, I would recommend you consider this carefully.

Deceiving

If you care about your loved one Do Not use this facility. The following are only a few reasons, since there is not enough time. The staff does not change their diapers and forces them to be incontinent. My loved one ended up in the hospital with a bad UTI for 5 days and was overdosed on medication for 30 days. The assistants are lazy and incompetent. All they do is gather at the desk and text on the phone. Unfortunately, my loved one has not progressed because of the depression this placed caused.

Lastly , there is only one unit for the nursing side. This consists of non dementia and ALL Levels of dementia patients combined. My loved one'safety was compromised more than once. Bottom line, the staff here nods in agreement on a good day and if you're lucky solutions for a week, then it's back to being awful. Do not be deceived!

Please stop writing reviews to say how well received you've been. Wait a couple of months after enrolling, better yet save your loved one. If not, visit often and on various days and hours. Wash the clothes vs. leaving for laundry. I wish I would have known how horrible this place was from the start. I pray every single day for strength and saving grace to remove my loved one from Laurel Brook.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

It is clean and nice. The social worker is great. We like her very much.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

They are very caring. We like the nursing supervisor.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

My mom has been very happy so far. I am very satisfied with their communication with me. She is having problems with eating but I tasted the food and it was tasty. She does not speak much English but the administrator is very pleasant. The manager was very clear and concise. The doctor has been very attentive.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Everyone is extremely nice treats my mom very well! So far everything is great. The meals look good. If there is something she doesn't necessarily like, they give her other options and are very accommodating. The admin office has been in touch with me so far everything has met my expectations as far as communication is concerned.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The facility has done a good job with my mother so far. They are all very friendly here!

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The staff and administrator are great. The concerns have been up to par. There is a strong Korean presence and it is easy for my mom and dad to feel comfortable. The staff is very honest and helpful. I spoke with the OT person today it is going well for my dad. I met one of the nurses and she is wonderful. I appreciate her honesty. Her first impression is very good. The facility looks wonderful and it's very clean. So far the meals are good. The Korean food is very good and I like the way they prepare the food. The communication is very good.

Top Notch

I am a EMT with 35 yrs experience. I have been in the facility many times over the years. The facility has changed its name and ownership over the years. The past names and ownership was always the same thing. The cleanliness was far from acceptable. The smell of urine was overwhelming as soon as you walked in the door. Patient care was very poor. But, that was than. I unfortunately had a illness that required me to go to Rehab. I have a friend that currently works at that same facility. Now, called LAUREL BROOK
REHABILITATION CENTER. She said the place has changed. I agreed and spent almost 2 weeks there.

Talk about a turn around, no smells, clean as can be, staff top notch, OT and PT departments outstanding and food was excellent (I have a degree in Culinary Arts). The additional service were excellent. When I was discharged I had everything needed at my home ready for me.

I highly recommend Laurel Brook for you or a loved one. That’s as a past patient and a Emergency Medical Technician.

Don't use this facility

Would not recommend for skilled rehab facility. They were understaffed. My family member was there for 2 months and they managed to make them less mobile. They would rather have patients use diapers and be incontinent then try and take them to bathroom because they don't have enough staff. Communication was non existent unless family took a strong initiative. We've been to other rehabs and others automatically setup multiple meetings to keep family informed. Laurel brook told us we have to make that request. Staff seemed hurried and indifferent to patients, just wanted to get in and then out of a room. My family member went to another facility and improved so much because staff consistently got them out of bed. I would seriously question if they are just trying to profit from insurance rather than care for patients.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Everything has gone well since we arrived and we are so pleased with this facility. In the past she has received low quality care at other facilities. This facility has finally given my loved one the care she needs. She is happy and so am I.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

My mom is doing well. So far everything is going well. We like many of the staff members.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Laurel Brook is much better than other facilities. I visit every day and they have really gotten to know us and greet us. They are very nice! They are making great upgrades to the building. The other residents are also very friendly. I go to the social area and they had live music entertainment. I went outside to listen to the live music with the other residents and it was very nice to have this. The nurses are excellent. They seem very aware and when I ask questions they take care of it as soon as they can! The aides keep him very clean. They are very good at getting him to cooperate. He accepts their help, whereas before at other facilities this didn't happen. The place is very clean too! They do such a good job at this. The bathrooms are clean and everything. The food is a bit bland. They could use more seasonings.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

There have been a few hiccups. In terms of care there are no problems. There was mix up with the clothes. The therapists are doing a good job. They are kind and helpful, and real friendly. We like the head nurse. We like the activities coordinator too and one of the aides is very nice.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The staff are helpful and informative. I think that initially she was disappointed and the staff went out of their way to help her. She is getting more PT to get better. She is very unhappy with the meals though.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

I would recommend Laurel Brook overall, although my loved one had some equipment-related problems.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

My only real concern pertains to the diet they have her on. I plan on meeting with the dietitian to go over this.

Review of Laurel Brook

Everybody is great and the care is very good. So far I am very pleased. The cleanliness is excellent. As far as I know the food is good. My loved one likes all of the staff so far.

Review of Laurel Brook

So far, I've been very pleased. I have no complaints. I like the communication. I have had a lot of communication so far, particularly with the social worker. I am very impressed by the nurses. I noticed a little bit of smell from one hallway to another. The kitchen staff seem to be catering to my loved one. They noticed that he likes the soup, and give him double soup.

Review of Laurel Brook

They take good care for my dad at a personal level. The place is spotless.

Review of Laurel Brook

Everyone seems informative. They are doing the best they can for my loved one. She is improving with the therapy. The nurses seem good. There are no odors and it is very clean. The meals are very good.

Review of Laurel Brook

The staff was friendly and knowledgeable and attentive. The room was clean and private. My loved one was happy with the facility. It was clean. The meals were fine.

Review of Laurel Brook

They are great. The facility is old but clean.

Review of Laurel Brook

They have been very helpful with the transition to this place. It is very clean. My loved one likes the meals.

Review of Laurel Brook

The nurses have been helpful. Everyone is very friendly. It looks very good. My loved one injured himself, and they took care of it, but they didn't notify me. I would have liked to be called about that.

Review of Laurel Brook

Overall, I am happy. They keep my loved one active and clean. He looks pretty healthy. They are easy to talk to and they are team oriented. They are committed to getting him back to health. It is a very clean facility. They call me to tell me how he's doing from time to time and they are responsive to my calls. It is easy to contact them.

Review of Laurel Brook

The first day, several people came to my loved one's room to introduce themselves, which I liked. It's been a pleasant experience. Every time I've gone there, the room is clean.

Review of Laurel Brook

The nurses are knowledgeable but short handed. The meals are good.

Review of Laurel Brook

The nurses are great. It is very clean. The food appears to be good. We had a family meeting and they gave me lots of information.

Review of Laurel Brook

The therapy is not intense enough and my loved one does not have a schedule for it. There is not enough attentiveness. He was left sitting in a wet diaper for a long time, and his diapers were the wrong size.

Review of Laurel Brook

My loved one had a few bumps in the road when she first got there, but the therapists and nurses are nice and the facility is clean. The meals are not good, so I bring food to her. They do not call me about her care. I have to call to get information.

Review of Laurel Brook

The rehab was excellent. The service was terrible and the food was terrible. Sometimes you have to wait over an hour for help to the bathroom. Most of the nurses were okay. Most of the aides were bad.

Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is a brand new Marquis Health Services community, proudly introducing a new level of post acute care and skilled nursing services to the Burlington and Camden counties. Our warm and welcoming center offers everything you need to return home your healthiest self.