Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center - Mount Laurel, NJ

Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center - Mount Laurel, NJ has yet not published prices.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

We had some hiccups in the beginning, but they were straightened out relatively quickly. They've definitely been working my father, and you can see quite an improvement. They are understaffed, but he has no complaints about the care! It's a little dated, but they do their best to maintain it. Nothing to rave about, but nothing to complain about either. I haven't received any updates. All of the updates I did receive have been directly through my father.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

Laurel Brook is by far the best rehab my loved one has been to! She seems to be happy with the therapy she is receiving. Everybody I have encountered has really been super nice and attentive. She requires a specific menu for her condition and they have really done a good job serving her things she has enjoyed, and she is picky! She is having trouble getting the response as fast as she would like when needing to use the restroom. I believe this happens more towards the night. We do understand there are other patients this is just something she has mentioned.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

Overall it went well for my loved one but the only thing that upset him was being moved abruptly without being settled in.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

I like the facility, it's clean and well kept. The staff is friendly enough. I get the sense that if I didn't come every day and check on him they wouldn't be as attentive as they should be. My loved one has a lot of pride and is struggling with having to ask for things. When he rings the bell he has to wait his turn for help which is a struggle for him to adjust to. The staff that I've met are attentive and pretty friendly. You walk in and it looks clean, his room is clean. When I go and ask questions they do answer.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

The staff told me everything about my loved one’s care. I talked to a nurse and he was very helpful.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

First three weeks we have been disappointed with communication. I know she has speech therapy and the therapist knows what she is doing but I do not think she has received her other therapy. Everybody is friendly but it is understaffed. I have experienced some staff members that are fairly knowledgeable but a couple seems like they didn't have any information when I was talking to them. It is fairly clean, I did not see anything out of the ordinary here. Her room seems fine but I did notice other rooms looked more comfortable than hers, maybe because she is still new and getting settled. The meals were an issue, my sister has a special diet and I guess it seems like there was no information when she came from the hospital. The communication is lacking here and I was getting mixed answers from the staff but the dietitian did reach out to me yesterday.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

It has been going fine but more communication to the family would be appreciated.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

When the call bell is rung they should be more attentive. I feel that the nurses should be more available and I have not had a lot of contact with them.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

There were some caregivers that were wonderful and some that were not. There were two particular nurses that were great but the rest of them were not as good.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

I've been waiting for a social worker to return calls and emails for about a week. They need to get on top of things. I had to go into the office to speak with someone because no one would return anything. My loved one is getting his medications too close to his meals.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

I actually took her out today. I spoke to them last week with concerns and nothing ever happened. When I went to pick her up for an appointment, she was sleeping and not even ready so we were late for the appointment. When I came back, they said they would help me get her out of the car, but nobody came out. Someone from HR saw me and assisted me. There is no communication and nobody gets back to me. They are understaffed. The rooms are dirty and I have to take the trash out. I gave it a week and nothing changed.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

My mom is now walking and she's got a little pep in her step. She's going in the right direction. The folks at the entry are nice, all the nurses, aides and staff all say hello. They have a beautiful courtyard there, but there aren't really any activities that take advantage of that. Some of the caregivers are not professional My mothers' bathroom is always clean. The floor is always waxed but the place has an odor. I think the communication is good. She cleaned her plate the other night for dinner, she really likes the meals!

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

The staff care has been pretty good and the place is fairly clean. The dining experience is not too good. There are not a lot of menu choices/ alternatives if she doesn't want what is served for the day. The comfortability of the room itself isn't good. Also, I haven't heard anything about a care plan or anything from them.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

The cleanliness was excellent.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

The staff care for my grandmother has been very good and most of them are friendly. The communication has gotten a little better but only because I always show up if they don't answer my call. They don't tell me anything unless I complain or ask. I usually clean my grandmother's space, I change the sheets and clean the bathroom. She does not like the meals.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

My loved one's experience here was good.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

The staff is providing great care for my Aunt and they are doing everything they can for her. She requires a lot of attention but everyone is really great and attentive. The manager of the nursing team is very communicative and she conveys in laymen terms. She will stop and talk to me in the middle of the hallway. We were having a lot of issues with her diet and food she could not eat so we had to go through different people to get it corrected.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

Everything is good for my loved one. The rehab services, staff, and nursing care were all good. They call me every other day to update me.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

I am very happy my brother is there. The staff is wonderful with him and very patient. The nurses are all great! The meals are very good. They were very patient with him and we are very grateful. The meals come promptly and they give him snacks. They call me and tell me what is happening with him and going to the hospital. There was a little problem with the insurance and that was resolved, they are honest with us.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

Everything has been really nice. They keep it very clean and we are very happy with meals! I have absolutely recommended the facility to friends and the communication has been outstanding.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

There has been a change in management and they are better now. The staff is very nice and the nurses are very attentive. Timeliness is an issue and they are very understaffed so they are not able to respond to needs. The management needs to improve its communication.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

My mother says she feels like she is in heaven. They are kind and she likes the food. I visit almost every day and I feel she is in the right place. Every time I visit there, they are all nice and the therapy is very good. The director visits my mother and says hi to her. It is clean and everyone is helpful.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

It has only been a short time but so far I am very happy with Laurel Brook. The only concern I have at this point is with her eating but that is more with her condition. The dining areas could use some things like artificial flowers on the table to make it more cheerful. Other than that, we are so happy.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

There are plenty of people there to help you and they are very good. He told me that they are getting him moving in therapy. Oh, the staff friendliness is wonderful. Everyone there is overly nice and overly helpful. There are constantly people going in and out, checking in on my loved one. The nursing care is very good and as far as I've seen, it's very clean. The communication is going very well. The meals have been a slight problem.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The therapy services have been great. My loved one has been working with them and they are excellent! There are some nurses who are absolutely excellent! With the new chef, the meals are much better! I did not get as much communication out of the social worker as I would have liked but then again I got more communication from the nursing than I expected.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The unit manager, the maintenance crew, and the nurse practitioners are all very nice and approachable. My loved one likes the therapy. I am the one to initiate most of the communication about his care.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Overall it was a good experience. From what I saw the rehab was really good and I am happy that I can see the therapy. The staff has been helpful and it is very nice and clean. We just had a meeting and we have another one next week. He is on a special diet and he is not happy with that.

The meals were good!

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The Physical Therapist, the Occupational Therapist, and especially the Speech Therapist were excellent. The speech therapist built a great rapport with my father. The management team and the nurses are very friendly. I did notice there was a gentleman who comes around and he makes sure the hallways are clean everyday. I did like that they had a good variety of meals. The aides they are hiring don’t seem compassionate to me with the exception of a few good really good people.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

I’d recommend Laurel Brook!

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

When I visited her it was clean. The nurses were very nice and polite. She can go outside and I like that. She said the nurses are good and helping her a lot. They are sweet with no complaints. When I am there the aides are nice and polite. She did not complain about the meals. The social worker called me before my daughter got there and welcomed her.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The care that my father has been given makes Laurel Brook amazing. They are very attentive. The physical therapy has been great, and he is getting better with his walking ability! There is one aide that has been very helpful with my father. She helps to keep him on task. I think it would help to clean a little more often. My father is not very fond of the food.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

They are super supportive and nice. I don't hear much unless I reach out.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

I am so pleased with the care for my wife. Especially when we compare her experience here to another place she was in, there really is no comparison. Everything so far is great. In a minute I would recommend the facility!

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The nursing care is for that type of facility is adequate and they are understaffed in my opinion. They are pretty friendly. She is critical of everything but the food seems good to me. The nursing care is for that type of facility is adequate and they are understaffed in my opinion. They are pretty friendly. She is critical of everything but the food seems good to me.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The therapy is excellent! My mother has said that sometimes at night, she has to wait a long time for someone to help her. I understand at night there may not be enough staff. I have not had one problem with anyone. Everyone has been super informative and supportive. The place is very clean and very neat. The rooms are little sparse, is possible to be too clean? The rooms are very clinical, not very homey. The food I saw that she got, was fairly good. My mother is extremely critical when it comes to food, it has to be perfect. But from what I have seen, it's edible and better than most. The communication is excellent, I have been called several times by the staff. They already know who I am.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Overall, things were good. The communication and the nurses were good too. There were a few times that housekeeping did not come in and things were on the floor and we had to call to get them to clean it up. The beds and linens don't get changed often.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The physical therapist and occupational therapist are great. I talked to the administrator there I told him that it could be a great facility. If the nurses would just communicate better and actually know more about the patients. My mom was not on the correct diet.

Poor Care and No Communication.

My mother was transferred to his facility following a short hospitalization. This facility was chosen for the on site dialysis since my mother was a 4 year dialysis patient. Shortly after admission she developed a cough that only progressed in severity. Attempted to bring it to staff attention for several days without success. Her conditioned only worsened which caused for aggressive and daily calls to staff of all levels if anyone would answer the phone. Long story made short my mother passed away from complications of pneumonia, flu and c-diff. Anyone with medical background knows how contagious the flu is and how c-diff is spread.
This facility is really not much different than all the rest. Each patient needs a advocate or they will be lost and forgotten.

Lack of Communication and Care...

My family was new to senior rehabilitation care and this was the most shocking, frustrating, and unprofessional experience we could imagine.

We arrived there from a local hospital and ONLY chose this facility because of the location of dialysis on-site.

We are now leaving the facility after 3 weeks in worse or the same condition with my parent being transferred back to the hospital.

Communication and Care is almost NON-Existent. Very basic service. Non responsive to patients. Call button either ignored or 40 minutes plus for care response. Patients often found sitting in their feces.

This is an ACCOUNTING FIRM and not a care facility. Understaffed and from the staff perspective, under paid.

A "Nurse" had a post-it-note scotch taped to her shirt with her name and "RN" printed on it...

Two (2) weeks without

If you care for your parent or spouse and can utilize another facility, I would recommend you consider this carefully.

Deceiving

If you care about your loved one Do Not use this facility. The following are only a few reasons, since there is not enough time. The staff does not change their diapers and forces them to be incontinent. My loved one ended up in the hospital with a bad UTI for 5 days and was overdosed on medication for 30 days. The assistants are lazy and incompetent. All they do is gather at the desk and text on the phone. Unfortunately, my loved one has not progressed because of the depression this placed caused.

Lastly , there is only one unit for the nursing side. This consists of non dementia and ALL Levels of dementia patients combined. My loved one'safety was compromised more than once. Bottom line, the staff here nods in agreement on a good day and if you're lucky solutions for a week, then it's back to being awful. Do not be deceived!

Please stop writing reviews to say how well received you've been. Wait a couple of months after enrolling, better yet save your loved one. If not, visit often and on various days and hours. Wash the clothes vs. leaving for laundry. I wish I would have known how horrible this place was from the start. I pray every single day for strength and saving grace to remove my loved one from Laurel Brook.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

It is clean and nice. The social worker is great. We like her very much.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

They are very caring. We like the nursing supervisor.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

My mom has been very happy so far. I am very satisfied with their communication with me. She is having problems with eating but I tasted the food and it was tasty. She does not speak much English but the administrator is very pleasant. The manager was very clear and concise. The doctor has been very attentive.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Everyone is extremely nice treats my mom very well! So far everything is great. The meals look good. If there is something she doesn't necessarily like, they give her other options and are very accommodating. The admin office has been in touch with me so far everything has met my expectations as far as communication is concerned.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The facility has done a good job with my mother so far. They are all very friendly here!

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The staff and administrator are great. The concerns have been up to par. There is a strong Korean presence and it is easy for my mom and dad to feel comfortable. The staff is very honest and helpful. I spoke with the OT person today it is going well for my dad. I met one of the nurses and she is wonderful. I appreciate her honesty. Her first impression is very good. The facility looks wonderful and it's very clean. So far the meals are good. The Korean food is very good and I like the way they prepare the food. The communication is very good.

Top Notch

I am a EMT with 35 yrs experience. I have been in the facility many times over the years. The facility has changed its name and ownership over the years. The past names and ownership was always the same thing. The cleanliness was far from acceptable. The smell of urine was overwhelming as soon as you walked in the door. Patient care was very poor. But, that was than. I unfortunately had a illness that required me to go to Rehab. I have a friend that currently works at that same facility. Now, called LAUREL BROOK
REHABILITATION CENTER. She said the place has changed. I agreed and spent almost 2 weeks there.

Talk about a turn around, no smells, clean as can be, staff top notch, OT and PT departments outstanding and food was excellent (I have a degree in Culinary Arts). The additional service were excellent. When I was discharged I had everything needed at my home ready for me.

I highly recommend Laurel Brook for you or a loved one. That’s as a past patient and a Emergency Medical Technician.

Don't use this facility

Would not recommend for skilled rehab facility. They were understaffed. My family member was there for 2 months and they managed to make them less mobile. They would rather have patients use diapers and be incontinent then try and take them to bathroom because they don't have enough staff. Communication was non existent unless family took a strong initiative. We've been to other rehabs and others automatically setup multiple meetings to keep family informed. Laurel brook told us we have to make that request. Staff seemed hurried and indifferent to patients, just wanted to get in and then out of a room. My family member went to another facility and improved so much because staff consistently got them out of bed. I would seriously question if they are just trying to profit from insurance rather than care for patients.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Everything has gone well since we arrived and we are so pleased with this facility. In the past she has received low quality care at other facilities. This facility has finally given my loved one the care she needs. She is happy and so am I.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

My mom is doing well. So far everything is going well. We like many of the staff members.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Laurel Brook is much better than other facilities. I visit every day and they have really gotten to know us and greet us. They are very nice! They are making great upgrades to the building. The other residents are also very friendly. I go to the social area and they had live music entertainment. I went outside to listen to the live music with the other residents and it was very nice to have this. The nurses are excellent. They seem very aware and when I ask questions they take care of it as soon as they can! The aides keep him very clean. They are very good at getting him to cooperate. He accepts their help, whereas before at other facilities this didn't happen. The place is very clean too! They do such a good job at this. The bathrooms are clean and everything. The food is a bit bland. They could use more seasonings.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

There have been a few hiccups. In terms of care there are no problems. There was mix up with the clothes. The therapists are doing a good job. They are kind and helpful, and real friendly. We like the head nurse. We like the activities coordinator too and one of the aides is very nice.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The staff are helpful and informative. I think that initially she was disappointed and the staff went out of their way to help her. She is getting more PT to get better. She is very unhappy with the meals though.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

I would recommend Laurel Brook overall, although my loved one had some equipment-related problems.

Review of Laurel Brook Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

My only real concern pertains to the diet they have her on. I plan on meeting with the dietitian to go over this.

Review of Laurel Brook

Everybody is great and the care is very good. So far I am very pleased. The cleanliness is excellent. As far as I know the food is good. My loved one likes all of the staff so far.

Review of Laurel Brook

So far, I've been very pleased. I have no complaints. I like the communication. I have had a lot of communication so far, particularly with the social worker. I am very impressed by the nurses. I noticed a little bit of smell from one hallway to another. The kitchen staff seem to be catering to my loved one. They noticed that he likes the soup, and give him double soup.

Review of Laurel Brook

They take good care for my dad at a personal level. The place is spotless.

Review of Laurel Brook

Everyone seems informative. They are doing the best they can for my loved one. She is improving with the therapy. The nurses seem good. There are no odors and it is very clean. The meals are very good.

Review of Laurel Brook

The staff was friendly and knowledgeable and attentive. The room was clean and private. My loved one was happy with the facility. It was clean. The meals were fine.

Review of Laurel Brook

They are great. The facility is old but clean.

Review of Laurel Brook

They have been very helpful with the transition to this place. It is very clean. My loved one likes the meals.

Review of Laurel Brook

The nurses have been helpful. Everyone is very friendly. It looks very good. My loved one injured himself, and they took care of it, but they didn't notify me. I would have liked to be called about that.

Review of Laurel Brook

Overall, I am happy. They keep my loved one active and clean. He looks pretty healthy. They are easy to talk to and they are team oriented. They are committed to getting him back to health. It is a very clean facility. They call me to tell me how he's doing from time to time and they are responsive to my calls. It is easy to contact them.

Review of Laurel Brook

The first day, several people came to my loved one's room to introduce themselves, which I liked. It's been a pleasant experience. Every time I've gone there, the room is clean.

Review of Laurel Brook

The nurses are knowledgeable but short handed. The meals are good.

Review of Laurel Brook

The nurses are great. It is very clean. The food appears to be good. We had a family meeting and they gave me lots of information.

Review of Laurel Brook

The therapy is not intense enough and my loved one does not have a schedule for it. There is not enough attentiveness. He was left sitting in a wet diaper for a long time, and his diapers were the wrong size.

Review of Laurel Brook

My loved one had a few bumps in the road when she first got there, but the therapists and nurses are nice and the facility is clean. The meals are not good, so I bring food to her. They do not call me about her care. I have to call to get information.

Review of Laurel Brook

The rehab was excellent. The service was terrible and the food was terrible. Sometimes you have to wait over an hour for help to the bathroom. Most of the nurses were okay. Most of the aides were bad.

Laurel Brook Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is a brand new Marquis Health Services community, proudly introducing a new level of post acute care and skilled nursing services to the Burlington and Camden counties. Our warm and welcoming center offers everything you need to return home your healthiest self.