Lakeview Commons - Maplewood, MN

"They (Lakeview Commons) treat me like a queen".

My Mom was just entering the mid stage of Alzheimer's, when she was diagnosed in, January 2014. She was 82 and vehinimently independent. By April 2015, it was pretty evident, she needed guidance, assistance & supervision 24/7. Our hearts were broken. And, our knowledge & experience, on this topic, was non-existent. My Mom's neighbor suggested, Lakeview Commons, saying, she has heard only good things. Lakeview Commons was the only place we called and it was the only place we toured. My family & I all got the same, good, warm, fuzzy, first impression. With a lot of coaxing, kind words & all fingers crossed, we got Mom moved in. After a week or 2, I asked Mom, how she was doing. Almost like she was waiting to be asked, she said, "I have never been treated so kindly & so well by everyone. In 82 years, I haven't heard my first name as often as I have in the last 2 weeks, I've never had so many people greet me, nor have so many wanted to talk to me. I feel like a queen". Every week or so, when I'd ask, 'how it was going', I'd get the same or similar response. During a staff/family meeting, we were discussing various services & their cost and my daughter said it best, "How does one put a price tag on what Lakeview does for Grandma? You can't"!

Friendly helpful staff

I helped a friend move to Lakewood commons and found it to be a very friendly clean helpful place. The staff were always there to help my friend with what ever she wanted or needed. The staff were easy to communicate with and always called me back if I called with a question. . I would have no problem placing my family there .

Awesome Employees

We can never thank the employees at Lakeview Commons enough for all their help and patience. Whenever there is an issue it is addressed until fixed. They bend over backwards for the residents there. We can rest easy knowing our mother is in good hands.

Great atmosphere, and friendly staff!

We toured quite a few communities during our search, but from the moment we walked in the door Lakeview Commons really stood out to us. It wasn't just a reception area, it was a comfortable social area. and I was pleased to see residents sitting around socializing. That was true throughout the community as well, it all just felt felt very relaxed and comfortable. The decor was bright and cheery, and residents were free to put up decorations of their own, pictures of grandchildren, etc.
We had our search narrowed down to a few locations and we were going to let our loved one make the final decision, and she selected this one hands down! One of the biggest factors for us was that they had a nurses office that is open 24 hours a day, which provided a lot of peace of mind for my loved one. They also do a great with the food!
They've also got great customer service. The first room we moved my loved one into had a noise from a pipe in the wall that bothered her, so they rounded up a few staff members and 2 hours later had her moved to a new room, at no charge to us!

Great staff, very caring place.

I love this place! Everyone from the director on down have given 200% to see to it that my in-laws have a good transition into Lakeview Commons. They are really going out of their way to make everything work out for them. they are very kind and show genuine care.

Other family members who helped move them in have commented on the "good feel" this place has and what a difference it is from the other assisted living place they were in previously.

We're really grateful for everything they're doing to help mom and dad.

Nice place

This is a nice community, it's very clean, and the staff have all been friendly. They've been good about working with us and trying to figure out the best level of care for my loved one.

Rooms too small

Their rooms were really, really small and they only had a one bedroom with a tiny bathroom. It was nice, the people there were really nice, but it wasn't something that would have worked for my mom and dad.

Best choice

We were impressed from the very beginning with Lakeview Commons and it just keeps getting better. The employees are so personable and very friendly. Extremely helpful during the transition of life change. They cater to her night and day, day and night. Food is very well made and tasty. Multiple choices so if mom doesn't like 1 thing she has other choices. They clean her place weekly. We have them washing her clothes and dispensing her medications. It has put our minds at ease knowing she is being well take care of and we don't have to worry about her remembering to eat or take her pills.

Wonderful!

Lakeview Commons is a great place! We really like the aides and the facility. The hard part is getting mom to participate in the zillion activities they have there. The other day an aide brought her meal to her room when she didn't feel like going to the dining room. We are happy with them.

Mom's favorite so far. Liked all the...

Mom's favorite so far. Liked all the activity and friendliness. Apartments were a good size. Would prefer the Maple.

Was totally impressed with every aspe...

Was totally impressed with every aspect of this place. They didn't know we were coming though, however, the RN showed us around and did a wonderful job.

Nice.

Nice.

Loved the facility and staff. Great ...

Loved the facility and staff. Great food too!

ASSISTED.