White Pine Senior Living - White Bear Lake - White Bear Lake, MN

Memory care on main floor. Pets not available, just rooms. Not interested.

Care and options

We toured this community for care. We did not like the layout of the community. The other residents were not active and we wanted a community where the staff was involved with the residents more than what we saw on the tour. The staff were nice and were able to answer the questions we had. I would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a family member for care

Comfortable bedroom!!

My cousin has been in this community for a short time now and she mostly enjoys relaxing in her apartment and coloring. We had a few issues with the staff at first with there not being enough caregivers through the night time. She also has not been to thrilled with the meals they serve, they defiantly could use some improvements. She keeps to herself a lot and i just wish the staff would encourage her more to get involved in activities.

Too small....

White Pine Senior Living was nice but the building was too small for my mother. We felt she would do better in a larger community. I would recommend them to families for care on a smaller scale.

Good Place

The tours were very good and everything and so was meeting everyone there at White Pine. I just wish that they would introduce themselves when they answer the phone whenever I call the place after hours.

they are great!

We have had a very positive experience with White Pine Senior Living and highly recommend them. They do really well at everything, all the way from administrative to the care. Their communication with the family is very good. They proactively keep us informed. They do a great job with their activities. Everything about it is great. They manage the place quite well.

White Pine Assisted Living and Memory care: Excellent!

White Pine Assisted Living had the requirements needed for my husband who has Alzheimer's: end of life care/hospice; and secure memory care.
The first time I walked into White Pine, it smelled like Christmas! Everything was clean everywhere I went. My husband moved into his room and immediately liked the activities, the food, and the caregivers. He has more needs now with his Alzheimer's - his extra needs are being met by the caregivers at White Pine at no extra cost! One fee covers all his needs, his meals and activities.
White Pine is well arranged with comfortable furniture, porches, patio, and lots of windows.
White Pine is a smaller facility with a total of 44 residents.
The house manager is available and friendly to help out with questions. White Pine is just what I was looking for.

They are very helpful, and the activities are nice .

This is still kind of new. So far she doesn't have any complaints. They are very helpful, and the activities are nice and they keep them busy. So far everything is good, it's just a difficult transition to make.

i its plesant the food is pretty goood i wish there was more parking but other than that mom love it there ive only been a few times but it is nice the place its very clean in out the staff is very very helpful with the people there i would like to see more activies but the over all is a 5

Small, clean, friendly

I was looking for a place to move my mother where she could get more help than any of the assisted living places I had found were will to provide, but something short of a full skilled nursing facility. White Pines Senior Living was the answer. They're willing to give my mother help with bathing, dressing, getting to and from meals, laundry, housekeeping, ...,nearly everything at a flat rate (no ala carte adding of charges for each needed service). The staff has been friendly and attentive. At this point, I'm very happy with this choice.

Melinda Elmore

I am happy you have found a place that fits your mothers needs as well as gives the family a sense of peace. The all inclusive pricing makes it not only easy to understand but more realistic to what your loved one needs!

I am very impressed with them.

I am very impressed with them. We have eaten there once, I thought the food was very good. I haven't heard any complaints about anything. It was just such a nice warm place when we walked in, that is why we chose them, everyone is just so friendly. They also had availability, when we needed it.

Melinda Elmore

I am very glad to hear this! Jen is a great cook and has been with the company since day 1!

Very caring and kind staff

Although my loved one was unfortunately here for only a short time, they really made a positive impression on us. They were always right there to help us in a tough situation. The director, Melinda, was wonderful to work with, and really went out of her way to do what she could for us.

The Staff is very friendly, and very, very receptive.

The Staff is very friendly, and very, very receptive. The activities that they provide, seem to be pretty well attended. They have an activities coordinator that is just out of this world and everyone of the staff are very good about dealing with the residents. The staff is very good about attending to her needs and very receptive of questions. They have been very good about calming down her anxiety levels. I have never seen anybody mistreat a resident, and they have a wide variety of resident care levels. Everything is included in the monthly price, you don't have to worry month to month about the price fluctuating. It is the only place that we found that is like that. They are very good about letting me know if she is going to run out of something so I can replace it. The nursing staff is very good. The only thing is that the White Pines in White Bear uses Bluestone Physicians out of stillwater, they are very good about communicating with us, but if she has tests run, we would like to see them posted instead of having to bother the nursing staff to pull the book to see the results. The only other thing is that they only bathe once a week unless we request more. She has never complained about the food, they do offer a pretty good variety and they eat their bigger meal at noon and then something small at dinner time. White Pine does an awesome job of managing the facility and providing activities. They do show a lot of concern and care about their residents. My first impression was that when I walked in it was very welcoming, along with the house manager being welcoming, and she answered our questions, and took us on a tour. A lot of the residents, even though it's their space, they keep their doors open, and the rooms are very warm and welcoming. It is a small community, there are only 40 something residents, so it's manageable.

It was time

We have been pleased with the staff and helpfulness of White Pine Senior Living, White Bear Lake. It's never easy making the decision to move a parent. However, the concern and involvement of the staff have made the move easier. The first night I left mom, was the worst. Everyone was so helpful for mom and her needs, as well as, reassuring that if we needed to talk to anyone about mom or our concerns, they would be available 24/7 to check on her or talk to us. It made leaving a little easier, as I knew mom was in good hands.

My mom enjoys all the daily activities and seems to be doing better. On a recent trip out of town, it was reassuring to call the staff, when I wasn't able to contact mom in her room. They assured me that she was fine and was involved in one of the daily activities. Just knowing that you can contact someone who has seen and talked to your family member recently gives tremendous peace of mind.

Didn't like the atmosphere ...

Didn't like the atmosphere when I first walked in. Manager spent less than an hour with me and didn't ask anything about my mom.

Melinda Elmore

I am sorry you had that experience. Since we are not a large facility tours usually last about a half hour depending on how many questions the family has about the facility. Appointments are not required for a tour but helpful to ensure plenty of time for the family to view the facility without interruptions.

We did tour this facility, ...

We did tour this facility, but felt that it was too dark with all of the dark wood. Also, the apartment was very small and we didn't get the feeling of hominess and joy that we felt at Keystone of Roseville.

Just N of Cty Rd 96 & E of 35E. ASSIS...

Just N of Cty Rd 96 & E of 35E. ASSISTED.

At White Pine Senior Living in beautiful White Bear Lake, Minnesota residents can enjoy an affordable later-years experience in sound-proof apartments that come with free cable TV. The fees include everything offered, so no unbudgeted costs will appear on the bill and you can plan effectively for your loved ones' care. Our staff is trained and certified and most importantly available 24 hours a day to provide quality care. We also will manage and administer medication and provide health monitoring so that you can have further peace of mind. We even offer "House-Call" Doctors to our residents as an extra convenience to you and them. In addition to the importance we place on health, our staff will assist with daily living activities, housekeeping and laundry. Our Beauty Salon and Barber Shop are onsite to prepare residents for events, some geared towards family. This senior community is your answer to a comfortable future for your family member when you aren't able to care for them yourself.