Walker Methodist At Westwood Ridge - West Saint Paul, MN

My mom has a dog and has some memory issues so we just couldn’t get it worked out for her. [Name removed] and [Name removed] were outstanding to work with....they tried very hard to make it work.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and the staff was nice and answered all of my questions. I really liked this place. They had huge rooms with their own patio area.If it was long term my dad would have been here. I recommend families tour many communities so they can compare them.

My Parent's are Home

My family and I chose this community for my parents after looking at the reviews and A place for Mom helped a lot. The caregivers are exceptional and so caring. The food is great. They have lots of activities like on Thursdays at 3 its popcorn time my dad loves popcorn. They drive them to their appointments which is a big help for us. They have walking paths behind there and patios to sit on. Everything is always clean and kept up. I would definitely recommend this to my friends and family which I have already done.

Satisfied With This Community

It has been a transition for me with my move to this community. After living in your home next to your loves one, and neighbors. It can be hard to adjust to a whole new living environment. However this is a good facility, and I'am satisfied with it. Everyone has been kind, and welcoming. The staff is helpful whenever needed. It has been a good experience so far. The only thing I would recommend, is that when you move into one of these facility's, I feel it is best to move in with a love one. It can make the transition a lot easier. Overall I'am well in this community, and I would recommend it.

A homey atmosphere!!

My husband and I are doing very well. We are still adjusting because we still keep feeling we want our house. The community has been good to us. The only concern I have is with the sidewalks and parking lots, they have cement that isn't level and I am afraid that someone will trip and fall. Other than that, they have a good variety of meals and activities available. They also accept dogs. When I toured, I felt comfortable walking in, everyone is very welcoming.

[Removed] didn't have my appointment scheduled, but she got herself organized and answered all of my questions for now.
Everything is Al a Cart for meals and services.
One concern was that they served alcohol on Wednesdays and sometimes have events with alcohol.
My mom is currently in recovery, t has had struggles with alcohol.

A good community.

This is a nice community. They keep it clean and well taken care of. The food is good and they offer a lot of daily activities. The staff are friendly and helpful. I would recommend this community.

Like living in a luxury hotel!

A Place For Mom gave me the addresses of four assisted living residence's and on my first tour of an assisted residence, I was impressed the residence was clean and decorated top-notch. The second apartment I was shown, I fell in love with it in three minutes. I had no idea what I wanted in an apartment, but when I saw this place, I knew it was exactly what I wanted. I never thought I would be able to afford an apartment with a balcony, but I could at Westwood Ridge. My place faces east and I love the morning sun, plus I have a great view of Robert Street through the barren, winter-time trees that surround Westwood. I love the woods. After my first snow here, I went out for a little walk on the path that surrounds the building, and I saw numerous deer and rabbit tracks. I was told there is a fox and wild turkeys that also come through the yard. The kitchen was the perfect size for one person, and I could fit my table in there and then had more living room space by not putting the table out there. There are two pass-through windows in the kitchen so the room seems large. The bedroom is large and has a big closet. The residents are all very nice and when I would meet one of the women, she would invite me to nightly bingo. Sounds fun and a great way to meet new friends. I try and go to the free brunch every morning to socialize and meet new friends. Most residents are the age my parents would have been. I've adopted everyone (they don't know that) because I plan to be here a long time and I see them everyday so they are like my new family. If you have a maintenance problem, you fill out a slip on what you would like done, and maintenance responds very quickly. Have something you no longer want or need, put it on the free table and somebody always takes it. I've found some very beautiful things for my new apartment. We have a chef and he and staff serve very delicious food! I tell my friends that if I never wanted to leave here, everything, including groceries, a beautician, a nurse, and a doctor who comes once a week are available. We have a bus that will drive you to a doctor's appointment, once a week the bus goes to two different grocery stores, once a week the bus goes to Target and Walmart, once a week the bus drives you on errands at certain locations on Robert Street, once a week the bus will take a group out for lunch or a dinner, and many more outings. One of my first few days, I was walking down the hall and I thought the residence looks like a luxury hotel with all the amenities! Another perk: when the weather is freezing, raining or snowing and you need to drive somewhere, all you have to do is walk out into the 65 degree garage and jump into your car!!

Knowledgeable Staff!

My tour of the Walker Methodist At Westwood Ridge went very well, all of the staff were very friendly and knowledgeable, they really know their stuff. They seem very caring and like they are always ready to help! The place was clean and well organized. This is definitely a top option for my mother for the future.

All That You Would Want

My parents are both happy. I am happy with the care and it is everything that I would hope for in a community for assisted living. The staff are attentive and great. The facility is nice and clean. The staff maintain and keep the community organized.

Carol [Removed} kept calling until she got me! So nice but Walker is too expensive for my budget.

It was very nice.

This was one of the places we toured. She liked it and they had larger rooms. They weren't as impressed with the food as another place we looked out. It was very nice.

Staff Is Excellent

The staff members working at the Walker Methodist facility are excellent. They really do have good help. My only problem is I that can not find someone to talk to, it seems everyone is older, and I am eighty-two.

dad seems very happy

I think Walker Methodist At Westwood Ridge is a very nice community. My dad seems very happy there. It has been a good experience. This facility gets five stars all around from me. I am very pleased.

Nice looking place!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, my loved one was a bit beyond the level of care they provide here. It is definitely worth a look for those looking into assisted living, however!

Thank goodness for Westwood Ridge!

The staff at Westwood Ridge is amazing. Very caring, very sharp. We have a difficult family situation and they continue to help and guide us through this challenging time for our parents. We feel extremely blessed to have found such a wonderful facility for our loved ones.

My mother has been a resident of WWR for over 8 years now. She is an independent and active 95 year old woman who has enjoyed her apartment and living experience at WWR. So far she has not needed assisted living services other than light housekeeping. She is very active in the social life there and participates in exercise, games, resident committees, religious activities and most importantly interaction and service to fellow residents. The staff and management over these years have been very professional and caring. Overall she is very happy there and so are we.

The Right Choice

The staff at Walker Methodist are amazing! Everyone, staff, residents, handymen could not be nicer and very welcoming. I know that we made the right choice in selecting Walker Methodist Westwood Ridge. They offer great activities, errand and grocery store runs, and a nice quiet environment if you just want to hang out at home. The apartments are great, with lots of closet space and great walk in shower/tubs. We can add services and meal plans as needed, or have services come in from the VA. Marcus from A Place for Mom thought that this might be the perfect place for us, and he was so right. We couldn't be happier!

This was my uncles favorite choice (initially, I liked a couple of other options.) I am SO glad that we followed his lead! The people, both residents and staff, are amazing. They could not be nicer, and go out of their way to make you feel welcome and assist in any way that they can. The one bedroom with a den layout is really nice for two people, with TONS of storage! Transportation for errands and groceries are great, in addition to the exercise classes, card clubs, movie nights, and Wii Bowling! We are all very happy to have them at Walker Methodist Westwood Ridge!

They are doing a fine job.

They are doing a fine job. We thought that they would get some personal attention, other than at mealtimes. Showers and things at times never get administered. It's a nice clean, place, and quiet which we like. I would say the cleanliness is outstanding.

satisfied

Everything has been fine with our experience at Walker Methodist At Westwood Ridge. All of our questions have been answered to our satisfaction. It has an apartment feel rather than that of a normal care facility, which we like.

I'm very happy here.

I'm very happy here. The staff is friendly, and it's kept very clean. The food is good, and the activities are good. I used the rehab part before, and I already knew a little about it. Then, when A Place For Mom said it would be the best match for me, I decided to come here. I am glad I did, I was just thinking yesterday, how glad I am that I found it.

not sure about handling sli...

not sure about handling sliding scale. No nurse in assisted living building. very independant

Nice large bright rooms. Al...

Nice large bright rooms. Also closer to where he lives now, a bit of a wiggle to get to. Liked the planed trips like fishing.

Independent and Assisted Living.

Independent and Assisted Living.

This could work out!

This could work out!

memory care, transition units&care su...

memory care, transition units&care suites(nursing home) pending s/b completed 2012-spoke w/the director. We throughly enjoyed our visit and were totally impressed with the place. We'll keep you in mind when we are ready to move forward.

Smoking ok on communal patio. Approx...

Smoking ok on communal patio. Approx $2100 (ala carte). No graduated assisted living.

Very nice and spacious rooms very hom...

Very nice and spacious rooms very homey. The views not so good.

This place was nice but it did not ha...

This place was nice but it did not have the package deals. The rent was a basic price with every service that she would need is extra. The meals at Walker is an extra cost which I thought was very high.

Serving the West St. Paul community for 25 years, the Walker Methodist Westwood Ridge campus expanded in 2012 and now offers the full continuum of care including Independent and Assisted Living, Secure Memory Care, Care Suites and Transitional Care.

Discover the ideal combination of life-enhancing services, friendly staff, and natural beauty atop a scenic hill in West St. Paul. We are located near shopping centers, churches, banks, restaurants, transportation, library, YMCA, doctors and dentists. You’ll find the community of Walker Methodist Westwood Ridge as pleasing as the setting.