Lakeshore The Meadows - Nashville, TN

Wonderful Place

My father has been in 3 hospital and 3 nursing homes in 3 months and this one twice and I just love it here..
If you have a problem the staff all works hard to help solve your issues and its really a wonderful place. They take time to help you with any problems and try to listen to your request. Being moved so much we had to tell each staff member his likes and dislikes and the staff work well with you. It is always clean, the food is great and so far every thing is going great... Wonderful place for a love one
to be.....

They were very good.

We only used it for a short respite stay, but it was very good. He was very comfortable with it. They were very good. I was very impressed with the cleanliness, they didn't have that smell that some have. They are exceedingly friendly. They offered a lot of things to do. I just really liked the whole atmosphere there, the overall ambiance, the cafeteria looked like a nice place you would go to downtown.

Nice community, not as pleased with the location

I had no issues with the cleanliness or care provided here, and the staff were very friendly. Nice Christian community, a good Church of Christ community. Unfortunately all the levels of care here have a nursing home feel, which was not what we were looking for.

Wonderful experience

My father was on the "b" wing for memory care. We were not able to receive an official tour on the weekend but friendly staff showed us around. We were able to move my father in from a hospital while I took care of paperwork. We were all taken care of professionally. Staff was awesome and if they could not help, would find someone who could. Everything was clean and no urine smells were noted. My father needed hospice and both staff worked together so that we were all one team. Nurse Debbie and hospice nurse Charlie worked so well with each other. Because of their comfortable relationship, it is noticed by the family which reduces their anxiety level knowing their was professional respect that was apparent. On the day my father's breathing was changing signaling upcoming death, nurse Debbie alerted dietary which brought us a cart of fruits, breads, and drinks for the family in the room. His passing was peaceful surrounded by his immediate family and very good for all of us to be present to let our Dad know we were all with him and ok to go onto heaven. Alive Hospice also brought a social worker to help with FMLA and a chaplain. Both offered their services for months after the realization of our loss has set in to impact our daily lives. Can not say enough good about them and nothing negative except lack of admin staff on weekend. My father was not able to participate in activities so not much feedback on that except their seemed to be several ongoing frequently. He was just bedridden when admitted.

Assisted living is better

My dad is overall a very good experience, he just got out of skilled care and I give them a 4 because they've changed his rehab to just 3 days a week. The cleanliness in my dad's room in long term care seems to be much cleaner than in the memory care.
I chose it because of Lakeshore's reputation and it is one of the few places with skilled nursing facilities in the location that was relatively convinient to my house. It seems like they have a little bit better quality care in assisted living and it could just be the personality of the tech and it could also be the fact that he's cognizant and doesn't really need as much care as my mom does. I think he would like more activities because he gets bored but some of that is his fault, I don't completely fault them. I know they have activities for them and he doesn't like the music or he doesn't like this, he doesn't like bingo and it's not their fault that they have a different opinion on the music than he does.

Issues with some of the med techs

The memory care is a 3. The cleanliness here isn't as good as long term care, but maybe it's my moms roommate. It's not that they don't bathe them regularly because they do and they clean the carpets all the time, I know it's clean, but I think it's her roommate so that's not their fault. The majority of them are awesome. There's some that I have issues with but that could just be a personality conflict, they could be great with my mom; however, a month or so ago I did get a call from one of the administrators saying there was an incident with a tech regarding verbal abuse but they didn't know if it was directed at my mother or directed at a tech that was in there with her. It was turned in and they addressed it, they made me aware of it and they're handling it. I realize Lakeshore as a whole cannot control everybody's mouth, so I think that they're handling it the best way they know how. They probably would address every situation the same even if I wasn't there all the time and they're very prompt in either having an answer, or getting abck to me with one. Now the techs sometimes, and I think this is just the caliber of people, but they will just tell you anything just to give you an answer. Their memory care is just a single hallway into an activity room, but in the evenings after dinner, it's just closed off so the residents hang out in the hallway and I have found her at the end of the hallway crying with the med techs just sitting at the desk. I talked to the nurse about it and she said she would talk to them because it was unacceptable behavior. I don't know if they have enough staff, in my opinion, in the evenings, the techs are doing what they need to be doing, they're getting people changed and in bed so there's not really an excess people to interact with the residents and some of them don't need interaction. I know that I'm probably way too sensitive and because this is all so new, she was fine in June and then she had the strokes and it all went to hell in a handbasket.

The deciding factor in choosing Lakes...

The deciding factor in choosing Lakeshore The Meadows was they had availability when we needed it. But we liked the place so much we kept her there and would return if necessary. We needed an emergency placement for my mom's rehab. Lakeshore is one of the better ones, as a paramedic I've seen the inside of other facilities and know from experience how much better.

The Meadows is a non-profit, private pay facility offering residents a continuum of care from independent living to intermediate nursing care. The facility was designed with seniors in mind with wide hallway on a single level, carpeted throughout. The Meadows offers a varied array of services available to all residents including in house beauty/barber services, podiatry, dental and psychiatric services and bus trips. The facility also offers delicious and nutritious well balanced meals. The Meadows is capable of caring for those who have dementia, in a well designed secure unit. We offer variety of activities throughout the day. The facility is conveniently located off the interstate in Bellevue.