Lakeshore Manor - Oshkosh, WI

DETRIMENTAL TO OUR FATHER'S HEALTH AND WELL-BEING

Lakeshore Manor was DETRIMENTAL to our Father's health and well-being. This was his first move to assisted living and we were encouraged with the staff up-front. However, once Dad was living there his CARE NEEDS WERE NOT MET. He was not kept clean, his place was soiled and unsanitary, he was missed for meals, his laundry smelled of urine, there was little communication from nursing director to family. Dad's VA CANCER DRUG AND OTHER MEDS WERE MISSED ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS prompting him to become ill and his PSA to rise sharply. Staff that is on hand tries but there are TO FEW STAFF TO CARE for all of the residents. Activities were a positive but who can enjoy themselves when they are unclean and not cared for.
Even with a new director making promises in [date removed] OUR ISSUES WERE NOT ADDRESSED. As recently as [date removed] the State Board of Aging followed up on our concerns with a surprise inspection and SITED LAKESHORE WITH CODE VIOLATIONS. Lakeshore seems more concerned with outward appearances versus patient care. We were fortunate to QUICKLY MOVE DAD OUT to an assisted living home that's mission is care.

Horrible experience

We had first-hand experience with our loved one at Lakeshore manor who was a resident for approximately 3 months. We had the most horrible experience and ended up moving to a different facility ([Removed]) which we absolutely LOVE!!
Lakeshore manor consistently missed doctor ordered medication.... never notifying family or the doctor according to state regulations, we found our loved one soaked in urine from waist to knees on numerous occasions, there were 3 occasions (that we know of... could be more) where he was totally forgotten for meals, the facility was greatly understaffed with some staff working consistent overtime creating unsafe/ineffective patient care, clothing was consistently misplaced and found in other residents rooms, the meals are NOT chef prepared as stated in the brochure, the whirlpool bath was never used EVER even tho we requested it... one employee stated the “girls don’t like to use it because the have to sanitize it after each use”, the list goes on and on and on and on! The nurse in charge is new (according to another family there the turnover has been quite high!) and she lacks the motivation, knowledge, and skills to properly train her staff and follow thru with doctor orders and resident needs. This is a memory care facility
and we had to keep reminding the staff that our loved one could not remember how to brush his teeth, do personal cares, come down for meals, etc. If we did not do those ourselves on a daily basis they were often missed! However...they were charted as being done but we emphatically knew for certain they were not being done. Even some of the staff said “some workers will chart it as being completed even tho they didn’t do it out of laziness “.
The ONLY positive was Kristi and Vickie(activities staff).... they kept the residents active.
After talking to many people in the community I found that MANY other people had the same experience we did and also pulled their loved one out and took them elsewhere. PLEASE PLEASE reconsider before going to Lakeshore!
The only hope is for CHANGE!
Please not that there are positive reviews on Facebook however some of those are written by staff..., not families.

Staff very friendly and welcoming. Spent considerable time asking about my Dad and his preferences. Offered many options to meet his needs. Lovely and homey facility with spacious gated walking area and courtyard so Dad can get out and enjoy. Good programming that understands memory impaired clients. Seems like ample staff. Willing to accommodate family with move and setup. Seemed they put residents first. Price is higher then others I toured but seemed well worth expense.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review of our community! We appreciate your feedback and we're so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Roomy and beautiful surrounds

We are transferring my mom to Lakeshore Manor within a week and there they will be able to address her memory issue. This place is very nice and the surroundings are beautiful, green and more like what my mother is used to. They have worked with me and my mother's doctors in order to help with her transition. There were two different apt that I was able to choose from both roomy, very clean and they have in-house rehab/PT so that my mother will be able to continue her therapy. There are lots of activities there that are what my mother is interested in so it will keep her stimulated.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your confidence in our community! Our goal at Lakeshore Manor is to provide a 5-star experience for our residents and families, and we look forward to providing that same care and attention for your family!

A tour for the care of a loved one.

we toured this community for care. We did not like how they some of the pricing for some of the special needs. The community was very clean and had a nice environment. They offer a nice variety of meals. They would have had a lot of nice activities for her to participate in. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your visit with us! We appreciate your feedback and are so pleased that you would recommend Lakeshore Manor!

The Right Place for Memory Care

Our hearts go out to other families who, like ours, have or had a family member with advancing dementia. After looking at twelve different settings for our mom in three counties, we found the care, compassion and understanding of dementia we were looking for at Lakeshore Manor Memory Care. While cost was not a factor in deciding on Lakeshore Manor for mom, we were surprised the cost was less than the assisted living facility she resided in prior to her move. Mom's move to Lakeshore was carefully coordinated by their marketing and memory care staff. The assistance we received moving her personal belongings to Lakeshore Manor and setting up her room was so helpful and relieved a lot of our stress.

While the meals served to residents is outstanding, and the facility and grounds are well designed and exceptionally maintained, it was the dementia focused programming and the caring staff that especially stood out for us as we made our decision. Dementia progresses differently for each person it affects. We found Lakeshore Manor staff to see each resident as a unique individual, therefore our mom's care plan was custom tailored to her special needs. Lakeshore nursing staff and memory care staff always took time to communicate with us about mom, as her health and functioning declined, and were a great emotional support for us and for her.

We would highly recommend Lakeshore Manor Memory Care to other families looking for quality dementia care for their loved ones. We were at Lakeshore often and observed first hand how each resident was treated with respect and dignity and we are forever grateful to the Lakeshore Manor staff for the care our mom received.

Great place and especially the staff who are so, so helpful and kind.

Lakeshore provides my mom with a great quality of life. The caring staff treats Mom like a family member. Their kindness toward the residents is heartfelt. The food is fantastic, too. Special diets are readily available when needed.

I love the additional services accessible to the residents, such as physician, therapy, eye care, foot care, hearing care, and dental care.

The administration and staff of Lakeshore Manor are wonderful! We are so thankful that they are here for Mom at the end of her life.

This is our third go with care industries. This is the first time that I rest well. They always keep me updated. They are very welcoming when we go visit. They are always accommodating. The Lakeshore Manor has made our life easier. The location is great. It is right on the lake. It's beautiful. I would highly recommend the Lakeshore Manor to anyone. It has been a really good experience. We are very pleased.

When no one else would accept my Mom as a patient, Lakeshore Manor did.

I’d like to share some general thoughts about my Mom’s stay at Lakeshore Manor in Oshkosh, WI. When no one else would accept my Mom as a patient, Lakeshore Manor did. The facility that promotes itself as the best in the area was nice to us, however would not work with us. My mom was too angry, potentially violent, and not properly medicated to be a patient there. Lakeshore Manor accepted my Mom and worked with us as a family. Lakeshore Manor was truly a partner. The staff came to genuinely care for my Mom, no matter which one of her many dementia-induced personalities presented itself on any given day. Lakeshore Manor worked with us so that she would be properly medicated, their staff was there understanding her needs and the family needs. We worked together through some difficult situations, but Lakeshore Manor never gave up on her. The options that were available to her on a daily basis to socialize and interact with others were endless. The activities coordination was wonderful. Just watching the staff get everyone into the great room to participate was to watch an exercise in patience, love, and caring. I saw all of Lakeshore Manor’s residents treated as individuals, not just a body in a room.
Lakeshore Manor allowed my Mom to remain there to the end of her life. They assisted us in recommending and working with a hospice provider. Other facilities would have forced us to move Mom once she entered hospice. Her dignity and uniqueness as a person was protected until the end. After she passed, many staff members asked me if they could come in and say their good-byes. It was personal to them, not just a job. I would never hesitate to recommend LSM to anyone. It is a wonderful facility, staffed by caring individuals and an asset to have in our community. I send my best wishes to the staff, I miss their smiling faces. I would give a 4 ½ star rating to the care my Mom received and that is because I really don’t give 5 stars to anything I review!

Lakeshore Manor Alzheimer's and Memory Care is located on the pristine shores of the Fox River in Oshkosh, WI. Minutes away from a growing downtown complete with specialty shops, restaurants, and two nationally recognized hospitals — Lakeshore Manor Alzheimer's and Memory Care provides a serene setting with water views.

With large private and semi-private suites complete with private bathrooms, walk-in showers, wall safes, kitchenettes with refrigerator and microwave; we also offer individualized health care plans, and 24/7 supervision by a nurse and nursing assistants in a secured building that includes activity stations, outdoor walking path, and sensory gardens. At Lakeshore Manor Alzheimer's and Memory Care, families will find hope, relief, and peace of mind knowing that their loved one is being cared for in a state-of-the-art retirement care community that specializes in Alzheimer’s and memory impairment care.

Lakeshore specializes in operating and managing innovative senior residences that deliver the highest standard of care in specially designed therapeutic environments. We meet the needs of seniors with independent living, assisted living and Alzheimer’s/memory impairment care communities.

Housing Type Alzheimer's, Memory Care