Parkside Senior Living - Neenah, WI

Parkside experience

My father hated it there. He said the staff would stand outside his room and talk about him, that they were very rough when changing his clothes or pushing him in his wheelchair. I walked into his room and it reeked of urine. I saw the lady across the hall laying on the floor waiting for over 10 minutes for someone to come help her up.
The woman who runs the place has very good intentions, just doesn't have the caring staff she needs.

Tiffany Morth

I am sorry to hear this and concerned you may have the wrong building

A positive experience!

Things are going pretty good for my mother so far, I think it has been a good for. Everyone at the Brookdale Neenah has been very nice and welcoming. The place is very clean, I would recommend it to anyone looking.

A nice place!!

I had a nice respite stay at Brookdale. The best part of the stay were the staff. They were wonderful and helpful. The community was clean. The food was fine and they posted the menu on the bulletin board. If you did not want what was on the menu you could let them know. I would recommend this community.

A Short Visit

My mom enjoyed the visit here. She liked the meals that were served and liked the activities there. The staff and caregivers were just fine for us. Everything went very good for the time she was there but my mom just wanted to be home. It was a nice experience for her.

Review of Brookdale Neenah - Neenah, WI

Nice facility across the street from a park. Has wander controls on doors to alert staff of anyone leaving. Very tiny rooms 11x11 some activities.

We are very happy. It's excellent.

We are very happy. The Sterling House provides good service. The staff keeps us informed. We are very pleased. They do a good job and they are friendly. They have been very accommodating and helpful. The place is really nice and clean. Everything has been going great. Everything is excellent. We are just very pleased with the place. I would highly recommend the Sterling House of Neenah. Five Stars all around.

Not bad, but a lot of room for improvement

Sterling House did a decent job in terms of the care they provided, my loved one was always well looked after here, but there were a lot of little things they could have done better. As an example, many of the times when I would visit his room would be dirty, and it wouldn't get cleaned until I went and asked them to do so. I also did not like that they seemed content to just push him everywhere he needed to go in a wheelchair, although he was capable of walking. It wasn't a bad place by any means, but they could certainly have done better.

Friendly, understanding, helpful from the start.

Having heard from 2 different friends about Sterling House of Neenah, I expected this home to be pretty good. and It was. My father arrived with need for serious help and the first week was a lesson for our family and for dad. The staff helped us through a very difficult first week. Things seem to be getting better, but we are not out of the woods. yet.

Great place, with a personal touch.

They really jump to it if we have a concern. They have a lot of things going on, the activities lady is really great. They have envelopes with a little bit of cash for the guy who comes and does her hair and things like that, I would like to see if receipts for that stuff are kept. The food is pretty good, they have an awesome variety of food, I like the way it's set up so you can come for breakfast when you get up, and lunch is a bigger meal where dinner is a little lighter like soup and sandwich. I really liked the layout and the size. It is in a neighborhood with a park that is really nice, and the sales girl was really great, they came and spoke to my mother in law, when we took her to lunch at the community after we decided on it, and the sales director remembered how much she liked chocolate, and put together a basket of candy. What a personal touch.

Friendly staff and good care

This is the location we selected for my loved one after her care needs increased, and overall they do a good job taking care of her. The staff are friendly and professional, and do a good job with the care and activities provided to the residents. I feel like they could do a bit better when it comes to the general cleanliness of the facility.

Tour went fine. I prefer an apt sett...

Tour went fine. I prefer an apt setting. All units are studio style with common shower in hall.

Sterling House is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected