We found that the facility was neat and clean. The tour was well run and [Name removed] was very accommodating. She showed us both the accommodations available and all services the facility could provide. We enjoyed the tour and couldn't wait to .bring [Name removed] in to view potential apartment. Julie did everything she could to make the selection process less difficult. We highly recommend this facility and have enrolled [Name removed] at Bella Vista.

The tour went very well. [Removed] was very nice and informative. We met the nurse and activities director too. We felt welcomed and valued. Dad even wanted to reserve his room!

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Bella Vista. We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

My tour

I think this community would work for someone that was younger and more mobile. This is an old hospital that has been converted. There are multiple levels. My loved ones would not have been able to stay together as they offer different care in different buildings.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate your review and we're so glad you toured our community!

Parents Doing Well In This Community

From what my parents have told me they are doing well in this community. I do feel comfortable with their move to this community. I know they are safe, and in good hands. The staff is kind, and they are taking good care of them, and their needs. From what my parents have told me all is going well for them in this community.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review of our community; we appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that your parents are enjoying their home here with us at Bella Vista!

Very kind and friendly. Realized they would not be the best option for our Dad and recommended other facilities. Provided tour. The size would be overwhelming for Dad--felt like a hotel.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review of our community. We're disappointed that we weren't the best fit for your dad, but so glad that you toured with us and that we could help with recommendations!

Very nice tour!

We toured this facility and everything went well! It looked like a very nice facility and the staff were very welcoming. Overall, I would have been comfortable placing my loved one here!

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review! We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Mom's Good Care

The care at this community for my mom is wonderful. We are happy with the staff that is very caring and attentive. It's nice to know that she is in a clean enviroment. The menu is appealing and she is offered to do the activities with the other residents. We would highly recommend the care and the value of this community to other families.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your confidence in us; we appreciate your feedback and your recommendation of our community!

Care for a friend

We toured this community for care. We liked that staff that were friendly and answer the questions we had. The community was clean and they offer a variety of good meals. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one. We wanted to stag in the town where she lived or would of considered this community.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we are glad that you enjoyed your visit!

Very nice facility. We were very impressed with the quality of care and the range of options.

They Really Care About The Residents

My father is doing very well at this community. He has adjusted very well and I'am very pleased. The community is super clean and very well-kept. They have a very professional staff and they are caring for him very well. He works out daily with the work out classes they offer. They have a library program and they bring the books right up to his room. The food is great, it is like eating at a restaurant. Amy and a place from mom was great with all the help they gave us. I would recommend this community.

We absolutely love it. I recommend it to everyone.

We absolutely love it. It's been a very positive experience for my father. They have gone out of their way to make him comfortable, and introduce him to people. I recommend it to everyone. Everything is clean, and the food is so good there, everyone comments on it. He looks forward to the activities. Whoever is managing there really gets it, they really understand how to make senior living comfortable. We were impressed from the very first moment we walked in. Collette really helped us from the first moment. She was so understanding and compassionate, she really knows how important it is to find the right place.

We chose them because of how friendly they were

So far so good. She says she is really happy with the other residents and how nice everyone is. We chose them because of how friendly they were.

Friendly, helpful staff

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. They were very helpful throughout the whole touring process! I would definitely recommend them as being worth a look for those looking into senior care in the area!

need to pay more attention in the memory care unit

We have one resident living in independent living and one resident living in the memory care unit. In the memory care unit they need to pay more attention to the residents, there is not enough care provided.

SLC Midwest

My name is John Mercer and I am the Executive Director at Bella Vista, and on behalf of the community, I am sorry that part of your experiences with Bella Vista have not lived up to your expectations. We have been working very hard to hire the right staff and I promise that you will see improvements. I would like to speak with you in person, please call me at [removed] so that we can discuss your concerns. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to speaking with you.

A great place overall

This a beautiful and spacious facility. It is always clean. The staff is really nice and professional, but at times they seem to be short staffed. The other residents here are very nice as well. The communication between staff and family could be better, but overall this is a great place.

They made the transition easy for us

I really can't think of anything the staff can do to improve. They are very helpful and seem willing to go the extra mile for their residents. All in all seems like a great place so far. Thy made the transition easy for us.

Bella Vista is a beautiful community in a equally lovely setting across from a park on Lake Winnebago. There are 5 floors, long lovely corridors and spacious accommodations. The only thing that concerned us is what appeared to be insufficient staff available. For our mother who needs 24/7 assistance, there just did not seem to be enough staff to give her this care.

So far so good

My dad has been at Bella Vista for about 2 weeks now and he seems to be adjusting well. He really likes the food, likes having someone clean his apartment and even change the sheets on his bed. He loves the brightness of his apartment and the great view of the park. I'm so happy to know that someone is making sure he takes his medication and he's not spending so much time alone like he was in his old apartment. Minor complaints are the upcharges for indoor parking, phone and WiFi.

Bella Vista is a clean and friendly place. However, the maintenance is somewhat lacking. My father moved in on July 28th & since then I have requested numerous times that the kitchen light fixture be cleaned ( it was very dirty when he moved in), and also that the kitchen sink faucet be fixed (it is a double sink and the faucet will not swing from side to side). As of Wed. (August 19th) these jobs still have not been done. There is always an excuse, (like the maintenance guy is on vacation), but no real explanation why these things are not getting done.

At this point we are pretty happy with them.

At this point we are pretty happy with them. It's a secured area, so sometimes there is a little bit of a wait to get in and out. I would rather have it that way, though, and know they are safe. They are doing a good job.

Choices

I was really impressed with the facilities and with the help I had in getting my uncle moved into Bella Vista. When his needs proved to be greater than we thought everything was explained to us in detail. He had options from which to choose.

They are very good on the medical side of things.

They could improve a little in their communication. For example, dad has a phone in his room, and the phone number changed without me knowing or being notified. There have been a couple other instances like that where I feel they could have communicated things better to keep me informed of things I should know.

I also do wish there were more activities for dad to get involved in.

Those are a couple of areas where they could improve, but overall it is a very nice place and we are very satisfied.

SLC Midwest

Thank you very much for your 5 star rating here at Bella Vista. At Bella Vista we strive to provide the best in care and service. We understand that in order to be the best we must communicate. I would like to extend an open invitation to further discuss your experience and better learn how we can improve the quality of services or care going forward. Please contact Kelly Swartz, Executive Director at Bella Vista [removed] or email me at [removed].

My mom loves it at Bella Vista.

My mom loves it at Bella Vista. We don't have any complaints. We liked the location, and the people are nice. The facilities are beautiful. They take really good care of her. It's working really well.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so very much for taking time out of your busy day to recognize us for our commitment to delivering best-in-class service and care to our residents. Kelly Swartz, Executive Director at Bella Vista.

Bella Vista Independent & Assisted Living in Oshkosh, WI is the adaptive reuse of the former Mercy Medical Center. Located across from Menomonee Park on the shores of beautiful Lake Winnebago, Bella Vista is minutes away from a growing downtown complete with specialty shops and restaurants, and two nationally recognized hospitals, Bella Vista provides a serene setting with water views.

With one and two bedroom apartments, residents enjoy many great amenities including weekly light housekeeping, customizable chef prepared meal programs, flat linen service, full-service salon, fitness center and so much more! Bella Vista Independent & Assisted Living, and Bella Vista Manor Assisted Living offers levels of healthcare service, allowing residents to age in place. Residents are cared for in a secure and safe environment.
Senior Lifestyle Communities, like Bella Vista Independent & Assisted Living, and Bella Vista Manor Assisted specialize in operating and managing innovative senior residences that deliver the highest standard of care in specially designed therapeutic environments. We meet the needs of seniors with independent living, assisted living, and Alzheimer’s/memory impairment care communities.
Housing Type